Let me share this music video shot on Micro Cinema Camera

Jonatan

I also liked it and agree that you can call it whatever you want and regardless of what you call it it is well shot and looks good.

Having said that my suggestion is IF you want to make it look like a more "traditional" music video just take a few hours and shoot one generic cine that fits in with the theme like in the hotel room or in the woods(or both) of the person lip singing the full song or even just the chorus then inter cut that footage throughout the video. That would make it a more traditional music video.

DISCLAIMER: I have never shot a music video in my life so take my advice for what its worth.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Seen many New Order videos that do not feature the band and do not follow the rules of rhythm. True Faith (Philippe Decouflé) did follow the 'rules' as did The Perfect Kiss (Jonathan Demme) but other videos such as Round and Round, Run 2, 1963, 60 Miles an Hour, Turn (Michael Shamberg) and more recently - Singularity - did not.

PS: I loved the OP's video :)

4 hours ago, DBounce said:

Well for one thing, your video should be in-sync to the music. Most music video are shot with the music that is to be sync'd to playing while the talent acts out their role. This music is used strictly as a guide to aid syncing the footage in post. I'm sure all the pro in the forum know this. And I'm sure all the pros in the forum can clearly see you did not do this. If you had posted this footage and titled it as "some interesting clips of the woman I love"... Well, I would have said nothing. But you stated it was a music video... Which it is clearly not.

If you want me to teach you, I can, but I am not cheap! Best just goggle. There are several good tutorials about how to make music videos online. 

I bet you were that button smashing friend that always played as Eddie gordo in Tekken.

Also, nice work op, I enjoyed the music vid!

8 hours ago, Jonatan said:

Dear people.

Shot this musicvideo for a friend when is was in US. 

Enjoy

I really really like this and thought it was captured beautifully! Also to anyone saying something is or isn't is 100% wrong. This project tells a story , a beautiful one and organic , much much better than 90% of so many garbage based performance videos. It's so easy to record someone singing to the camera in multiple setups......... Tell a story without that luxury. Great piece truly truly loved it!

On 5/20/2016 at 5:56 PM, Jonatan said:

Dear people.

Shot this musicvideo for a friend when is was in US. 

Enjoy

I quite enjoyed that. You capture mood very well.

Ignore Dbounce. He reminds me of those guys who feel the divine need to educate everyone, like those commenting on classical piano videos on Youtube screaming, "That's not how the composer intended it to be played!!!!!" 

Can I ask, how big are the 3:1 compressed raw files? Your video has me seriously considering the Micro.

On 20/05/2016 at 3:07 PM, DBounce said:

Maybe you should google around and educate yourself? But here's a thought, is every video that has background music a "music video"? Well then?

Actually yes. Any peice of music that at accompanied by a silent (or mostly silent) video is in fact a music video.  Whether you think it is a GOOD music video is another question entirely.

Nice, a little too shakey in some places for my taste, but the piece as a whole really works.

If the past can teach us anything, its that there are no rules to music videos - everything goes. Its a music video & as long as it keeps your attention for the whole song, then you've done your job.

Lol, I love how this topic turned.. definitely great music video, Jonatan. And great test of the camera.

Yeah, pretty much only like.. Orson Welles would I take advice from as scripture for filmmaking. And he said he wished he could have been a perpetual amateur, because that's  the reason Kane turned out well. But of course I still have respect for tutorial by guy on goggle