Ed David Speaking Engagement Tour: Buy Tickets Now

Ed David

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

You're really holding something from 5 years ago against the dude? Because of Philip Bloom? 

I don't know fuck all about Ed David, but a basic Google search says he won an Emmy and was the DP for a Cannes winning film; why do you keep asking what Philip didn't do for him? Cause, idk man, the only awards Mr. Bloom has won are ones I've never heard of? Like, maybe dude really just doesn't like people accused by multiple women of domestic abuse and there is no other agenda? 

Either way, it's pretty shitty to accuse him of being "maniacal" or whatever other terms / words you wish to use to try and insinuate that he's mentally unwell, cause best case scenario you're attacking a dude dealing with mental health issues, which isn't a good look, and worse case you're trying to gaslight him and adding to the stigma surrounding mental health. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Social Justice...

Doesn’t that also involve tolerance and forgiveness? People make mistakes. Promoting a mob rule onslaught against someone in the name of social justice is hypocritical. And also leads to the type of unacceptable abusive social media attacks Andrew suffered as a result of the (possibly misunderstood) cat joke.  It also implies a broader scope than focussing on one individual (irrespective of whether that is an individual accused of abuse or a friend who has been subject to abuse). 

At some level I suspect we all know both types of people.

Social justice is ultimately about how we - as a society - move forward.  

Possibly of far more concern  in a filmmaking context, are works such as  referenced here:

https://afroditefilms.com/deadlypopsy

There can be little doubt that this objectification of people: the “stunning” (and stupid enough to get lost) females contrasting with the “millionaire” (successful and heroic) male surely only perpetuates social inequality, inequity and injustice? Who is speaking out? Or is this just an innocent little romp in the woods? 

Creative filmmaking (and “our” creative filmmaking forum)  is about visual and emotional  experimentation and artistic expression. Including using “naff” lenses - referencing the @gethin  lensbaby thread. Not about apparent vendettas on one hand or films perpetuating misogynistic attitudes on the other.

But I certainly do not claim to understand the background to this thread and I might be totally wrong! 

10 minutes ago, Snowfun said:

But I certainly do not claim to understand the background to this thread and I might be totally wrong! 

Yesterday Ed, the crusading social justice warrior that he is, after all his good intentions, took yet another shot (5 years after the controversy) at Phil Bloom:

https://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/46886-online-abuse-by-philip-bloom-followers/page/2/#comments

Like Ed has some special way of knowing exactly what transpired. And that he thinks it's his place to lead the charge further speaks to his character.

I'm not the only one who has a problem with this... check the links.

10 minutes ago, User said:

Yesterday Ed, the crusading social justice warrior that he is, after all his good intentions, took yet another shot (5 years after the controversy) at Phil Bloom:

https://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/46886-online-abuse-by-philip-bloom-followers/page/2/#comments

Like Ed has some special way of knowing exactly what transpired. And that he thinks it's his place to lead the charge further speaks to his character.

You're literally the only person that has a problem with it in that link? 

If you're going by people's reactions from 5 years ago... Society has moved forward and learned a lot during the last 5 years. I wouldn't count on people being so willing to dismiss the accusations now given what we've learned. Of course, there will always be those that think women willingly lie about being abused, because who doesn't like admitting their victimization and receiving the inevitable backlash that comes with telling your story about a public figure who has legions of supporters? 🤔

1 hour ago, newfoundmass said:

You're literally the only person that has a problem with it in that link? 

No. But I am willing to risk the ire of the the forum holder and his friend David to say something about it. 

Tell me though, why do you think it's ok to paint Bloom guilty when you yourself (like Ed David) are going on hearsay and conjecture? The fact is that neither of you actually know. That you are so easily drawn to outrage and scorn is sadly symptomatic of the unfortunate times we live.

That's it that's all.

46 minutes ago, User said:

No. But I am willing to risk the ire of the the forum holder and his friend David to say something about it. 

Tell me though, why do you think it's ok to paint Bloom guilty when you yourself (like Ed David) are going on hearsay and conjecture? The fact is that neither of you actually know. That you are so easily drawn to outrage and scorn is sadly symptomatic of the unfortunate times we live.

That's it that's all.

I have common sense and common sense dictates that it's highly unlikely that two of his exes conspired to make up lies about him. It's much more probable that they are telling the truth, given they gained nothing but scorn and further abuse by speaking out. Their names were dragged through the mud, his supporters vilified them, and they were harassed and gaslit into oblivion. 

I've worked in professional wrestling for 22 years. In those 22 years people I've considered friends have turned out to be awful human beings. I used to speak daily with a guy named Chuck Williams. When I was in the hospital for 3 1/2 months he checked in on me constantly, and went out of his way to raise my spirits. I knew this man for years and traveled with him. Then 2 years ago he murdered his wife and then killed himself as their 10 year old twins slept in the next room. 

https://www.dailylocal.com/news/abused-for-decades-woman-who-was-murdered-by-her-husband-was-in-process-of-obtaining/article_2a435a8a-6a05-5a0a-866b-ade7354d495f.html

You don't know Philip Bloom. You don't know how he is in private. All you know is the carefully crafted persona of someone that is trying to make money and business deals. Do research, read up on domestic violence and see that his pathetic, vile statement is straight out of the Abusers Playbook. 

I believe those women. And I'm sorry that they didn't receive the support they deserved all those years ago from this community. 

I kindly ask both sides to stop this. It's sad to see people hurt each other on one-sided personal attacks. No one here has clue about what's going on through private places. I'd sincerely rather have no broken knowledge about because we always tend to form an opinion and we never know where the truth of the facts resides from fractionated information without a cohesive perception.

There's no a single or whole truth. It's not linear. A sort of multiple narrative structure in life. No innocents nor many devils.

https://www.cliffsnotes.com/literature/d/dr-jekyll-and-mr-hyde/character-list

I’m with @Emanuel on this as I have no real idea what this thread is even about...

Is it serious? Or is it some kind of ‘in joke’?

All I know is that tit for tat, back and forth sniping is just one big negative.

At what point does anyone ever in these situations ever say, “OK hands up, you have me. I’m just a big fucking Muppet and I apologise”.

Never is the answer but instead it turns into my gang against your gang.

Let’s just get back to dissing Canon and Panasonic’s AF.

All this personal animosity that most do not even understand the back story on just needs dumping.

Be the bigger man and just let it go.

Unless you are 100% incontrovertibly fact backed being attacked/abused and then it which case, defend yourself.

But as for attacks... No place IMO.

Just personal opinion.

7 hours ago, User said:

I noticed what I found a totally inappropriate burst of obvious hardcore zealotism, that, sorry to say, looks pretty comic as reminiscence of  Girolamo Savonarola...

"PLEASE, for the love of God, really - everyone, believe all women."

... following with what mr David called "the 11 most common verbal abuse patterns to look out for in a relationship" - which, TBH, could include every single person of earth, being male or female who ever had quarrel with partner... well, maybe excluding mr David and few other of the sinless souls 🙂

But I actually so much like EOSHD because of similar salad of thoughts and someone's projected digressions 🙂

As this one obviously - where mr David lost compass where he is.

11 minutes ago, MrSMW said:

I’m with @Emanuel on this as I have no real idea what this thread is even about...

Is it serious? Or is it some kind of ‘in joke’?

All I know is that tit for tat, back and forth sniping is just one big negative.

At what point does anyone ever in these situations ever say, “OK hands up, you have me. I’m just a big fucking Muppet and I apologise”.

Never is the answer but instead it turns into my gang against your gang.

Let’s just get back to dissing Canon and Panasonic’s AF.

All this personal animosity that most do not even understand the back story on just needs dumping.

Be the bigger man and just let it go.

Unless you are 100% incontrovertibly fact backed being attacked/abused and then it which case, defend yourself.

But as for attacks... No place IMO.

Just personal opinion.

It is because there was another thread now closed where Ed had no chance to respond to an invective from discussions 5 years old, go figure...

Well, I'd just love we can all be as friendly as we can. We are here to share the presence of each other, not for fighting back from a distant keyboard anywhere else.

Only points made should count.

And it's hard to follow many facts outside of this bubble indeed.

5 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

I have common sense and common sense dictates that it's highly unlikely that two of his exes conspired to make up lies about him. It's much more probable that they are telling the truth, given they gained nothing but scorn and further abuse by speaking out. Their names were dragged through the mud, his supporters vilified them, and they were harassed and gaslit into oblivion. 

I've worked in professional wrestling for 22 years. In those 22 years people I've considered friends have turned out to be awful human beings. I used to speak daily with a guy named Chuck Williams. When I was in the hospital for 3 1/2 months he checked in on me constantly, and went out of his way to raise my spirits. I knew this man for years and traveled with him. Then 2 years ago he murdered his wife and then killed himself as their 10 year old twins slept in the next room. 

https://www.dailylocal.com/news/abused-for-decades-woman-who-was-murdered-by-her-husband-was-in-process-of-obtaining/article_2a435a8a-6a05-5a0a-866b-ade7354d495f.html

You don't know Philip Bloom. You don't know how he is in private. All you know is the carefully crafted persona of someone that is trying to make money and business deals. Do research, read up on domestic violence and see that his pathetic, vile statement is straight out of the Abusers Playbook. 

I believe those women. And I'm sorry that they didn't receive the support they deserved all those years ago from this community. 

This post says it all.

how you really don’t know anyone as well as you think you do.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, User said:

It's clear that you believe what you are saying. As for me, I wasn't there.
Is Julian Assange also an 'abuser?' Or a victim?

What about concentrating on the women for a moment.

To imply you don't believe them is to throw shade at them - that they must be some kind of psychopath liars, out to destroy their ex-boyfriend... This certainly wasn't my view of Sara or Sarah.

Especially the second Sarah when she was working as Bloom's personal assistant / girlfriend, seemed like a consummate, stable, professional to me.

So is this another Philip Bloom bashing thread just to carry on where the previous one ended/was locked?

I have no opinion one way or the other in regard to P.B. No personal knowledge or opinion in regard to his personal life as it's none of my business whether he is Jesus reincarnated. Or John Wayne Gacy.

I suppose I don't have to read these threads but sometimes you just do not knowing what it's about but it's like stepping unwittingly into a sloppy dog turd and then trying to shake it off your shoe.

On that note, I'm out.

53 minutes ago, MrSMW said:

So is this another Philip Bloom bashing thread just to carry on where the previous one ended/was locked?

I have no opinion one way or the other in regard to P.B. No personal knowledge or opinion in regard to his personal life as it's none of my business whether he is Jesus reincarnated. Or John Wayne Gacy.

I suppose I don't have to read these threads but sometimes you just do not knowing what it's about but it's like stepping unwittingly into a sloppy dog turd and then trying to shake it off your shoe.

On that note, I'm out.

If that’s how you read the progression of the thread, that’s fine then.

I thought it was pretty interesting how it went from me being satirical quickly changed course by an anonymous user named user into a deepdive of hatred into posts and into a analysis of google caches images of me including an anonymous threat of sodomizing my wife - and my lack of memory from the five year old thread and attacks on my character, a 5 year span ties into the analysis of how we feel loyalty to a Public persona that was cultivated to generate income from sponsorships and lectures. And of course, to the nature of how we all change and evolve with new knowledge of the me too movement and how we come to grips with that. 

then user getting bodyslammed.

plus the same five year old argument that we don’t know both sides well and me still arguing for the elie weasel quote unsuccessfully with me realizing hey wait a second, i am talking with anonymous people who may come from vastly different cultures and countries than me, and have different perspectives on treating women and their accusations.  Including originally from ebhamhim who turned out to be an egyptian dental student who stole about a thousand dollars from some users on here and pretended to be a wise old man.

thats entertainment!

Frankly all @User did was cause more discussions about the accusations against PB. Which, good! The accusations themselves, his reaction to those accusations, along with his reaction to obvious jokes about his cats that has allegedly caused him get his lawyer involved (?!) makes me believe that PB is someone that likes to be in control and will use any means at his disposal to assert it. We saw that when he used his status to silence his accusers and got threads / comments deleted from here and, presumably, other forums. 

Why @Userdecided that PB was a hill to die on, I'm not sure.