Ed David Speaking Engagement Tour: Buy Tickets Now

Ed David

Hi everyone!

As pointed out earlier, I am rolling out an Ed David Speaking Engagement Tour.  I will be mostly talking about myself and how many likes I have on this forum, but I will also address the following subjects:

1.  Canon R5 Overheating:  Or is It Existentially Challenging Us to stop shooting millions of photos and video?

In this discussion I will discuss the philosophy of the new Canon camera to try to limit the amount of shots one does, harken back to the film days: where each shot count!  Or in terms of 8k video - to make sure you are not just rolling and rolling and rolling.  To pretend like its 16mm film.  To rehearse performances

2.  How online forums amplify and ruin conversations

You love your Aunt?  With facebook, not anymore.  And multiple that by a thousand when dealing with people on any online forum.  How the stroke of a button and hitting "send" can cause incredible pain and anxiety on the other end.  But who cares?  You don't have to be in the room with said person to see them upset!

3.  How the Covid Apocolypse and the Great Depression 2.0 makes us happier, better filmmakers

We will chat about the end of the world.  Whether its the Pandemic, or Fascism or the Great Depression- or all the above, that really makes us depressed - with massive unemployment.  And how that affects us as filmmakers.  Being happy and productive!

4.  how to make money as a filmmaker without shooting butt paste commercials

One word: you cant!  How can you afford rent, you fool?  Sell out now and sell out fast.  Sell sell sell sell sell.  Market market market.  And if you dont shoot commercials, do your own youtube channel and do the bidding of sponsors!  Or give up and start a podcast. 

4.  Just f*cking kidding - it will all be about me.

I am a giant showboat.  Come with me as we look at profile pics of me.  We talk about my best posts.  We trash my many, many enemies.  

Please respond to this to boost my ego and trash me so I can feel that rush of public humiliation - the meanest, most horrible response gets a free ticket!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

As I stated 5 years ago, and I stated on the Bloom thread that reappeared, I am good friends with a victim of domestic abuse that sent her to the hospital and could have killed her and her son.

I also have other more personal connections to domestic abuse that I will not go into on a public forum but happy to discuss privately.

I have no connection to Bloom. The only time I interacted with him before the domestic abuse allegations was on a nofilmschool article about my experience using the sony fs7 when it first came out. He was very supportive of me in the comment section.

I am a working professional dp who mostly works in commercials and documentaries. Social justice is my passion. I was involved with the occupy movement and the bernie sanders campaign as a DOP.

So you weren't involved in any way in the 'alleged' abuse and somehow you feel it's your place (because you have a friend) to rip apart his reputation? Just how maniacal are you?

Your behaviour serves in the same capacity... you might want to get some help.

• Administrators

Can I get some tickets for myself, and the entire filmmaking community who are fed up of covering up for other people's bullshit.

I have many, many people interested.

I was even considering an EOSHD Lecture tour. Unfortunately sales fell flat. Nobody wanted to hear about my 10 years of experiences in the camera industry or even the musical interlude featuring cute little Mr Tiddles with the lyrics "Kitty cat, kitty cat, meow meow meow. Purr purr purr"

Surely the musical interlude alone could have booked out the Staples Center?

2 hours ago, User said:

So you weren't involved in any way in the 'alleged' abuse and somehow you feel it's your place (because you have a friend) to rip apart his reputation? Just how maniacal are you?

Your behaviour serves in the same capacity... you might want to get some help.

Philip Bloom took Philip Bloom down. 

Okay, so User, I am here to apologize to you. I think I have figured out why you don't like me.  Let me know.

@Neumann Films, your post in the Bloom thread really inspired me.  How you have changed from who you were seven years ago when you had to win every argument.

Five years ago, during the allegations of domestic violence against Philip Bloom, I dug myself pretty deeply in the sand.  I was becomming increasingly an activist, primarily on this forum, but also on others, to believe his ex-girlfriend and ex-financee over him.  To not take the middle road.  Cause to me there is no middle road.

When I started to argue the case of Ellie Wiesal: "Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere." 

I started to run into a great amount of opposition.  And I was there, my real name.  My website.  I was exposed.  It's a weird feeling.  Especially when most of the opposition to me was from people who were using anonymous names.  

So I was there, and feeling vunerable, and the need like Neumann Films (real name, I am sorry I don't know) - to keep fighting for my point.

Literally fighting.

And I did things (that I have now I think discovered from seeing some of the comments about me from the time) - did things that were not cool - like posting a DM onto the forum without the approval of the person who did it.  And ironically enought, it was a DM from neumann films where he said I accused him of being one of the three biggest defenders of Bloom on the side.

It was a weird thing for me - being exposed and arguing online against a lot of anonymous people.    It wasn't good.  And I am sure I have hurt a ton of feelings.

And this is probably why @user has such anamosity for me here.

And that is why, @user, I was looking at your profile.  Because I was about to DM you to talk about all this.  But I decided not to.  Now I think I should have.

10 hours ago, User said:

From a post that was deleted (censored?) from EOSHD but still stored in Google's Web cache:

Get some help Ed, I rest my case.

So your issue is over how he treated Peter Bloom? 

Because honestly, fuck Peter Bloom. I believe his accusers, especially after revisiting his statement that every abuse counselor/expert would rip to shreds. Frankly it reflects poorly on the filmmaking community as a, whole that the entire thing was hushed up, that anything referencing the accusations got deleted after Mr. Bloom used his influence, and that it was never re-examined following the #MeToo movement. 

Frankly, fuck him and his cats. 

Well damn, that link, User, thank you for that. 

Wow, an anonymous poster said he was going to sodomize my girlfriend.  That was pretty intense and maybe why I can't remember anything from that time - block that abuse out of my head.  No wonder why I probably acted the way I did - that's pretty intense and I wish that on no one who has their real name and identity exposed online. 

Interesting also at the time, pre #metoo - I also wanted to make sure to get Bloom's side of the story. 

Maybe it was before his side of the statement: https://pbloomstatement.com/?  Hopefully I didn't have that viewpoint after he wrote that hate-filled gaslighting of his ex'es.

But maybe I learned more about it all with #metoo and when it happened to me directly with my female friend being the victim of domestic violence, where, I learned, there really is only a "he-said, she-said" argument since the violence happens around no one else.

Anyway I think, User,   well I wish you well and hope you can find a way to deal with what seems like an intense inner anger that maybe you channel through anonymous posting.  

I am sure even though it feels good to anonymously "break bad" - at the end of the night, it probably doesn't feel that good.