Jump to content
Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Recommended Posts

Just now, Turboguard said:

Hey guys, does anyone own the Tilta Side handle with P970? How is the battery life with these batteries?

I don't own the handle, but I bought an inexpensive battery sled and use the P970 on all my P4Ks and the P6K. If I recall correctly, I get around 3 hours battery life. It is long enough that I haven't paid much attention to battery life anymore. A very cheap and useful upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Anyone interested?

This Lut fixes the brown tint, gamut clipping, roll-off issues, skin etc. and is made to look similar to RED IPP2 Soft Rec709 conversion - a conversion Lut to RedWideGamut/RedLog3G10 for a native IPP2 workflow is also provided.

Can't wait to hold the Pocket 6K in my own hands - seems like it's more color accurate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, drm said:

I don't own the handle, but I bought an inexpensive battery sled and use the P970 on all my P4Ks and the P6K. If I recall correctly, I get around 3 hours battery life. It is long enough that I haven't paid much attention to battery life anymore. A very cheap and useful upgrade.

Sweet, and thanks! Are you using Sony ones or other brand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Again, why can I see this horseshit while you are on ignore ???

Same thing for me. I had that troll on ignore but some how he resurfaces. 

18 minutes ago, Skip77 said:

Andrew why's this guy allowed to use this language ?

Because you are trolling and deserve it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Turboguard said:

Sweet, and thanks! Are you using Sony ones or other brand?

Nope. I am using ones that I purchased from Amazon: Powerextra - 7.4v 8800mAh 65.12 Wh

They are cheap. ~$35 for 2. I have 20+ of them and have only had one die in the past 1-2 years. Also, the Anton Bauer smaller Sony NP style battery died that came with my Small Rig monitor.

https://www.amazon.com/Powerextra-Replacement-Compatible-DCR-VX2100-HVR-HD1000U/dp/B01N3TWBXI/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=powerextra+970&qid=1566064727&s=gateway&sr=8-4

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Same thing for me. I had that troll on ignore but some how he resurfaces. 

Because you are trolling and deserve it?

The post you just made is trolling.  

I made no comments directed at you.

You guys don't like AMERICANS and that's all this is.  You all ran off @webrunner5 because of his views and you attack me for saying the same-things camera related comments that other people post about. 

 

You might want to create a few more new click - bait titles for your You Tube channel instead of bothering with me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Skip77 said:

You guys don't like AMERICANS and that's all this is.  

Ha ha ha, what an epic clown you are... 

I guess if I told you I've lived in the US you would deny it just like all the other lies you tell as soon as your wrong.

I thought you would wake up yesterday when no one answered in your favor when you and I asked the forum if they agreed with you.. but I guess that's just further confirmation of your troll status.

(And I think it's sweet that you still try with personal attacks even though it only makes us laugh :) )

14 minutes ago, mercer said:

Please don’t advertise you’re an American, it makes the rest of us look bad.

Hahaha... just kidding. 

I’m almost convinced Skip77 (and possibly ZachGoodwin2) are alter egos of somebody on this site having a laugh.

Yup, I won't mention any names but I've had a prime suspect for a while on "Skip The Judder 77" true identity :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Skip77 said:

What Sony and Nikon models are you looking forward to?

MFT lens won't cover the APS-C sensor, right?  

I think and have sen a better argument for EF mount and lens for the P6k then the other way around.  MFT P4K users are more vocal but the side by side samples sow better detail and clarity on the P6K EF mount.  You can't get detail back if the P4K can't capture it. 

The P4K looks great until you compare it to the P6K.  (detail wise). 

welll duh..... the 6k is nearly double the price you would expect it to better.

pretty sure the p4k can capture it... you must be doing something wrong.

technically the only thing being vocal is you!! I would bet most of us p4k owners are happy chappies, but perhaps not everyone. Not sure what your game is, and honestly i dont care.

I guess 4k isnt enough for you. 6k should compensate for whatever it  is your lacking. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Ha ha ha, what an epic clown you are... 

I guess if I told you I've lived in the US you would deny it just like all the other lies you tell as soon as your wrong.

 

Living in America doesn't mean you like Americans does it?

The question you asked the EOS wasn't what I commented about and you seemed flustered and triggered in your last 3-4 post. You commenting on how RedCode is great and Canon can't do RAW shows you don't know much about RED or Canon. 

Why do you keep taking shots at me?  I haven't posted comments directed at you, I didn't start any new conversations with you. 

 

12 minutes ago, leslie said:

welll duh..... the 6k is nearly double the price you would expect it to better.

pretty sure the p4k can capture it... you must be doing something wrong.

technically the only thing being vocal is you!! I would bet most of us p4k owners are happy chappies, but perhaps not everyone. Not sure what your game is, and honestly i dont care.

I guess 4k isnt enough for you. 6k should compensate for whatever it  is your lacking. 🙄

Why do you take issue with me defending the P6K?  

Why take personal shots at me?  Did I ever post comments to you that offended you? No, so why get nasty with me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mattias Burling said:

Ha ha ha, what an epic clown you are... 

I guess if I told you I've lived in the US you would deny it just like all the other lies you tell as soon as your wrong.

I thought you would wake up yesterday when no one answered in your favor when you and I asked the forum if they agreed with you.. but I guess that's just further confirmation of your troll status.

(And I think it's sweet that you still try with personal attacks even though it only makes us laugh :) )

Yup, I won't mention any names but I've had a prime suspect for a while on "Skip The Judder 77" true identity :)

I am not a former EOS member. Sorry to burst your bubble.  How many other people did you have issue with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skip77 said:

Living in America doesn't mean you like Americans does it?

Lol, Of course not. But it would be a very strange decision to move there if I didn't.

14 minutes ago, Skip77 said:

Andrew why's this guy allowed to use this language ?

 

2 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Because you are trolling and deserve it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, dslnc said:

Is it just me or would a P6K with Sony E-mount be much more interesting than the current EF version?

Yep, but Sony doesn't license the E-mount to any other companies. As several others have commented, an original mount like the Kinefinity would have been pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, drm said:

After using both the P4K & P6K cameras for a bit, I do not believe that the P6K is an upgrade to the P4K. It is a sibling or cousin to the P4K. There are advantages to both. If I had to pick only one, I don't know which I would pick. If I could only take one on a trip, I would currently probably take the P4K, because I have a much larger selection of M4/3 lenses. I am positive that either one will give you great footage, if you do your part.

I bet we will end up with three cameras in the P4K line: M4/3, Super35, & Full frame

$1,295, $2,495, $3,495

 

A FF version would be very interesting indeed, and now we have the S35 6K version it seems much more possible than previously.

@androidlad if this were part of BMs plans, is there any likely sensor they would use, or are there simply too many to be able to predict?  (I have no idea about such things).  If we are able to make a prediction it might give us clues as to what kind of feature-set it might have perhaps?

A FF P8K perhaps?

7 hours ago, deezid said:

Anyone interested?

This Lut fixes the brown tint, gamut clipping, roll-off issues, skin etc. and is made to look similar to RED IPP2 Soft Rec709 conversion - a conversion Lut to RedWideGamut/RedLog3G10 for a native IPP2 workflow is also provided.

Can't wait to hold the Pocket 6K in my own hands - seems like it's more color accurate.

 

Do we know if there's a change in the colour science from P4K to P6K?  or maybe sensor / sensor stack related?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, kye said:

Do we know if there's a change in the colour science from P4K to P6K?  or maybe sensor / sensor stack related?

The colors look extremely close between the P4K and the P6K. If you look really carefully I see small differences. I was swapping between the Blackmagic V4 LUTs for the P4K and the P6K in Resolve earlier today on some P6K footage. You can see a very subtle difference in the colors between the two LUTs. When I flip between two shots of the same scene (P4K vs. P6K), I don't notice it, but swapping the LUTs on one clip made it visible. I think BM did a great job matching the colors, considering the cameras contain different sensors.

This probably won't tell you anything, but this is a side-by-side shot from Resolve of a P4K-120fps clip and P6K-120fps clip.

Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 9.47.57 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

53 minutes ago, drm said:

The colors look extremely close between the P4K and the P6K. If you look really carefully I see small differences. I was swapping between the Blackmagic V4 LUTs for the P4K and the P6K in Resolve earlier today on some P6K footage. You can see a very subtle difference in the colors between the two LUTs. When I flip between two shots of the same scene (P4K vs. P6K), I don't notice it, but swapping the LUTs on one clip made it visible. I think BM did a great job matching the colors, considering the cameras contain different sensors.

maybe the sensors are from the same family  ? so to speak  which would make the colour and matching easier.

44 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

MFT seems like the logical choice even over Sony E mount. I mean why not. 

if they had gone with mft we could throw a speed booster on it quite easily. i have to wonder what kind of beast that would be 😃 Seeing as bm only make cameras you have to think they would make it easy to fit the largest amount of lenses available compliant with the sensor in mind as who knows what the purchaser would want to stick on the front of it. Personally i would have liked for bmd to provide a roadmap before they announced the p4k. Something like we gonna do a 4k first then 6k and perhaps a full frame later.  I might have been still saving my money for a 6k if that had been the case. but i don't resent buying the p4k. you cant just hold your breath  till the next great thing arrives, well i cant anyway lol.

i had a chance to wander into jb hifi a couple of days ago, they have 1 8k tv they can sell you, everything else is 4k. so i kinda dont get the whole 6k thing, tv's will be 4k or 8k from what i can see from the retail shop so what is 6k supposed to do ? Sure it gives you the option of reframing in post if you have to. or downscale to to 4k or upscale 8k perhaps. Is this a half camera thats  meant to do every thing ? i actually haven't really followed the 6k thing at all. Maybe i'm in denial, perhaps i dont want to know. I cant see how i have lost money by getting the p4k i think it does an excellent job for the price i payed. What the 6k would give me i'm just not sure of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...