Fuji X-H1. IBIS, Phase Detect 4K beast?

Dave Maze

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 1 month later...
  • Super Members

Fuji is making me want to spend money again.

I was planning on buying a GX9 for handheld video (using my Canon glass). But then I saw the prices of a brand new G80/85 (I suspect a replacement is coming because its down to $500 and stocks are running low).

Ok, cool. A speedbooster clone and Im golden for $600. But the the X-T3 dropped like a bomb. Expected delivery this month and at a relatively low price. Lets just say that Im already seeing the X-H1 falling.

I'm gonna have a very hard time resisting the opportunity to score a X-H1. Last time the X-E3 saved me (man is that a small bang for the buck monster). Its way more than I want to spend on a non-video-video-camera, but given how good they are for stills it would have a lot of use.

And watching the videos above isn't helping either ;)

On 8/2/2018 at 6:50 PM, Vladimir said:

thanks for all the comments guys, here some more from the same place (but adult event): 

I think there are so many nicely made movement- and tonal- transitions between shots, presented in a whole as wonderfully consequent  atmospheric string... Thanks, it seems to me that, besides aesthetic quality, in a such way you made  this camera extremely  desirable! 

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

I though it was pretty terrible to be honest.

You hate slow motion, though. So the video barely had a chance with you.

Slow motion aside, Fuji video just has an inherent cinematic quality to it and I’m noticing it even more with F Log. So whatever their Log curve is doing, it is working. 

I’m still contemplating a hybrid and if the X-T3 brings the price of the X-H1 down, I may have to go that route with the 35mm 1.4.

But the GH5, for all of its features alone, is still in the running at this point. 

• Super Members
5 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

I am sure the X-H2 will have the X-T3 sensor, 10bit, etc.

All it needs now is a reliable Speed Booster for EF lenses, for the full frame look.

Still not found one :)

Any experience with the Viltrox?

Side by sides with metabones looks great. Price is low. Demo with EF lenses looks promising. I will get the MFT version this week (it was 20% off here, thinking about adding the Fuji version to my order in case I get an XH1).

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Vladimir said:

and while new x-t3 have all those cool features it still lacks of IBIS, so im happy to carry x-h1 on some cool events)

*please watch in 4K quality only, theres a lot of dark red environment  and yt compression is wild

What kind of events are these?

Interesting to see those happen despite the political situation there.

What ISO did you use for the night shots? 

7 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

DId I just dream it or does the X-H1 have a setting for linear manual focus?
Cant find it in my camera but since I dont have any native glass it might not be showing.

You weren’t dreaming. The Setup Menus (BUTTON/DIAL SETTING)

17DA6F26-1CD6-4319-9627-D26E2CF1E981.png

I’m still trying to figure out what ‘fuocs’ does. ?

4242735D-29CB-49D9-9C10-08463D4BAC53.jpeg