Jump to content

Biggest clusterfuck of 2016


squig

Biggest clusterfuck of 2016  

72 members have voted

  1. 1. The biggest clusterfuck of 2016 was:

    • Saadawi rangefinder scam
      20
    • 5D Mark IV
      15
    • Donald Trump
      37


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The biggest clusterfuck of 2016 was Syria, where thousands of people, including many photo/video journalists, died and the world did absolutely nothing. 

I'm pretty sure you just described Trump.  ( more of a celebrity than a politician, he's smug, etc etc. ) hahahahaha

Scorsese said cinema's now officially dead. May as well be a theme park ride. Event a good director can't save the system... Duncan Jones on Warcraft. Peter Jackson on The Hobbit Part 10.

  • Administrators

Scorsese said cinema's now officially dead.

May as well be a theme park ride.

Event a good director can't save the system... Duncan Jones on Warcraft. Peter Jackson on The Hobbit Part 10.

Looking to Netflix to save cinema... They have picked up the Blade Runner style sci-fi shot by Bowie's son Duncan Jones, set in Berlin in 2050 called Mute.

And more stuff good coming out soon.

As for 2016... I am voting 5D Mark IV!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey now,

I'm part of the millions of people who voted for trump :-) (no more easy illegal immigration, no more smug millionaire celebrities laughing and smiling while ordinary people are out of jobs, MAGA.. etc.. etc.. what is there not to like???) hahhhahahaha...

My "biggest clusterfuck of 2016" is that Casey neistat got a contract for millions of dollars to produce a tv series based on his youtube channel which he built and runs by using an old 70d... An old 70d which is years old technology.. has moire... not even 4k...  hell, it might not even really be 1080p....  and he got millions of $$$... while people like me who have much better gear eat ramen and pine for the next great thing (gh5 anyone??.. GH5, you will be mine --when I sale my other kidney!!!!  The first kidney was used to buy sony gear :-)

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, eleison said:

no more smug millionaire celebrities laughing and smiling while ordinary people are out of jobs, MAGA.. etc.. etc.. what is there not to like???) hahhhahahaha...

 

 

 

 

I'm pretty sure you just described Trump.  ( more of a celebrity than a politician, he's smug, etc etc. ) hahahahaha

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Scorsese said cinema's now officially dead.

May as well be a theme park ride.

Event a good director can't save the system... Duncan Jones on Warcraft. Peter Jackson on The Hobbit Part 10.

Indie cinema is alive and well. Fuck the system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mercer said:

Moral of the story... cancel the GH5 preorder and buy a 70D? 

Oh brother.  I have i tried.... So many times has my bony finger been hovering over the enter key to sell my sony equipment on ebay.. only to be retracted back like a highschooler who nervously retreats back to his groups of friends when the "hot" girl that he wants to talk to looks his way.  Gas is preventing me from becoming successful, rich, and powerful.  Basically it's preventing me from ruling the world!!!  I hate you Japanese camera conglomerate who always making me want to buy new stuff!!!  :-P

12 minutes ago, mechanicalEYE said:

I'm pretty sure you just described Trump.  ( more of a celebrity than a politician, he's smug, etc etc. ) hahahahaha

Trump doesn't need to be president.  He has enough money to buy drugs and prostitutes to satisfy him for the rest of his life if he wants (while living in the best rooms at his 5 star hotels for free since he owns them).  A lot of these other celebrities and politicians - they need the money (their mistresses aren't going to buy themselves gifts)....  Oh well, I hate politics.  I'll try not to comment on trump again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, eleison said:

Oh brother.  I have i tried.... So many times has my bony finger been hovering over the enter key to sell my sony equipment on ebay.. only to be retracted back like a highschooler who nervously retreats back to his groups of friends when the "hot" girl that he wants to talk to looks his way.  Gas is preventing me from becoming successful, rich, and powerful.  Basically it's preventing me from ruling the world!!!  I hate you Japanese camera conglomerate who always making me want to buy new stuff!!!  :-P

You ain't kidding. I bought and tested so many cameras this year I want to cry. In the end I am going to sell them all and get a BMPCC. But first I need...?

Seriously though, if you or I can't make a good movie with a 70D, the GH5 isn't going to help us either... in the end, story is king. Character arcs and themes lift stories. With indie, streaming cinema the camera used is such a microscopic part of the equation.

Casey Neistat is successful because he is himself in an unapologetic way... and his wife is hot. I admit I enjoy his vlog. I enjoy the way he tells his story. Good for him for the deal. Hope he shoots his new show with a couple 70Ds too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Super Members
33 minutes ago, eleison said:

Trump doesn't need to be president.  He has enough money to buy drugs and prostitutes to satisfy him for the rest of his life if he wants (while living in the best rooms at his 5 star hotels for free since he owns them).  A lot of these other celebrities and politicians - they need the money (their mistresses aren't going to buy themselves gifts)....  Oh well, I hate politics.  I'll try not to comment on trump again.

Im sorry but this is the most naive thing Ive read 2017.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mercer said:

You ain't kidding. I bought and tested so many cameras this year I want to cry. In the end I am going to sell them all and get a BMPCC. But first I need...?

Seriously though, if you or I can't make a good movie with a 70D, the GH5 isn't going to help us either... in the end, story is king. Character arcs and themes lift stories. With indie, streaming cinema the camera used is such a microscopic part of the equation.

Casey Neistat is successful because he is himself in an unapologetic way... and his wife is hot. I admit I enjoy his vlog. I enjoy the way he tells his story. Good for him for the deal. Hope he shoots his new show with a couple 70Ds too.

Hang on..... .he even has a hot wife????  Let me do a quick search .... huhm... she's not bad lookin...  Damn you Japanese camera manufacturer and your multi-million dollar marketing department!!!!  Now I know who destroyed my love life.  It was you!!!! I could be shacking up with a tall beautiful redhead but instead, I'm watching youtube videos on the pros and cons of 8bit vs 10bit.  And whats worse, I'm having debates between myself about this inside my own head ...  Get out of my head, yo!!!

One of these days, I will press the nuclear button that will return me to what really matters.. the story....   but right now, I just can't.   I need help..... I need... I need to go touch my camera equipment... Oooh, my precious... my precious..... :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...