Panasonic LUMIX G91

Mako Sports

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

"4K UHD at 24/25/30 frames per second with no time limitation. In FullHD, the G91 can record at up to 120 frames per second.
Furthermore, it’s the first camera in the G line that features V-LogL. Unfortunately, internal recording to the single SD card is limited to 4:2:0 8bit. But, you can use the Micro HDMI port to output a 4:2:2 8bit signal to an external recorder."

4K25p 8bit 4:2:0 - Nothing new here. Same as every other camera in this range for the last 3 or 4 years. Aside from VLog, I'd just save a bunch of cash and get a G7.

Yep, nothing ground breaking here.

They gave us so much with the GH5 that anything else at m43 seems sub par, right now.

A smaller and lighter bodied GH5 for 1399€ would be amazing though. I would take that! Maybe next year, before the GH6 release.

Specs-wise, it's actually pretty much everything I'd want from a camera like this. Price is the real issue - £1,079 with a lens is getting awfully close to the G9's price range.

EDIT: Just realised, it's got the same crop factor as the GX8 and GX9, rather than the less severe crop of their 16MP cameras. That's... not ideal.

So basically the big improvements over the G80/G85 (which I'm assuming this is a successor to) are:

• New 20mp sensor (from the GH5?)
  • Better AF
  • 120fps in 1080p
  • VlogL
  • Headphone jack
  • Better weather sealing
  • OLED screen
  • USB Charging
  • Better ergonomics (dedicated buttons for ISO, exposure, white balance)

And the downgrades:

• 1.26x crop in 4k over 1.18x on the G80/G85
  • More expensive at launch than G80/G85

Seems like a fairly standard incremental update to the product line. Probably not enough to get me to upgrade my G80 though.