Race to the bottom

gethin

12 hours ago, UncleBobsPhotography said:

The first step will be for automation to let 1 person do a 3 person job. If they really put the resources into it, I don't think it would be difficult to make AI track subjects and cut between frames better than we do, but the videography/photography industry is not as attractive as self-driving cars, so I'm not certain how much real innovation is going to happen in the short term.

It's going to take alot more than a fixed camera in the sky to accomplish what I described.  Further more wedding venues like this will never install cameras around the property.

https://www.annesdalemansion.com/  

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Weddings are so predictable on what they do it's crazy. I would think it would be easy to do AI on them on average. We are just at the tip of the iceberg on this stuff. Wait till Robots build Robots. Then you better grab your ass. What we can dream up is nothing compared to what AI can dream up.

7 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Studios will probably buy the rights to someone for a finite price, then just use them in CGI to make perfect movies. No acting needed. 

3 hours ago, Snowbro said:

Studios will probably buy the rights to someone for a finite price, then just use them in CGI to make perfect movies. No acting needed. 

You def still need acting though. You are just replacing a face, so the character wearing the mask is still acting. 

Will machine learning algorithms replace forum members? (J/k, based on some of the spam bots they already are.)

Anyone know a good vfx forum? Thinking of downloading the PLE version of Nuke but wouldn't know where to start with a node-based compositor...

I welcome machine learning for vfx. Adobe has the right idea targeting rotoscoping and paint out first. When machine learning makes Twin Peaks I'll be fine submitting to the machine master race, but for now roto would be nice. I suspect ten years from now I'll have one but not the other. We'll see!

We will all be long dead before AI robots and cameras can replace a human being for something like a wedding.

Anyone who thinks weddings are all the same has not been to enough weddings and doesn't do this for a living.

If you think you can phone it in remotely, you are having a laugh.

And I'm not just saying that because I am a wedding photographer but because I understand it's the human element that gets the results. Take out the human and what have you got? Not the results, that is for sure.

3 hours ago, UncleBobsPhotography said:

Only until AI is able to represent feelings better than actors. If we can automate the screen writers as well, we'll be able to make ourselves obsolete ;)

Screen writers have been replaced years ago with water creatures 

4 hours ago, MrSMW said:

We will all be long dead before AI robots and cameras can replace a human being for something like a wedding.

Anyone who thinks weddings are all the same has not been to enough weddings and doesn't do this for a living.

If you think you can phone it in remotely, you are having a laugh.

And I'm not just saying that because I am a wedding photographer but because I understand it's the human element that gets the results. Take out the human and what have you got? Not the results, that is for sure.

Eh, I've shot a ton of weddings across many different cultures.

Weddings more than anything have taught me how boring we are. The music choices between every couple overlap 85% of the time. I feel like I could copy+paste half the speeches from one wedding to another. 

Father-daughter / mother son dances all seem to have people picking the same 4 songs. Don't even get me started on all the cute 'marriage jokes'. 

15 hours ago, HockeyFan12 said:

Will machine learning algorithms replace forum members? (J/k, based on some of the spam bots they already are.)

I feel like a 10th grade computer science student could write this one. How hard could it be? 80,000 threads talking about whether something is cinematic or not. *insert brand here* sucks and is great. Something about motion cadence and companies intentionally crippling codecs. Done! 

I really think there's a fallacy at work here. The lack of trust in the development in AI is because we want to think we are more unique and interesting than we truly are. 

I actually hope I'm wrong about all of this, but I doubt it.

6 hours ago, dbp said:

Eh, I've shot a ton of weddings across many different cultures.

Weddings more than anything have taught me how boring we are. The music choices between every couple overlap 85% of the time. I feel like I could copy+paste half the speeches from one wedding to another. 

Father-daughter / mother son dances all seem to have people picking the same 4 songs. Don't even get me started on all the cute 'marriage jokes'. 

I feel like a 10th grade computer science student could write this one. How hard could it be? 80,000 threads talking about whether something is cinematic or not. *insert brand here* sucks and is great. Something about motion cadence and companies intentionally crippling codecs. Done! 

I really think there's a fallacy at work here. The lack of trust in the development in AI is because we want to think we are more unique and interesting than we truly are. 

I actually hope I'm wrong about all of this, but I doubt it.

I agree completely.

I have shot a TON of weddings. The Photographer is the one that sets the rules, and all of the shots, not the bridal party. They don't know their ass from a hole in the ground about Weddings. A Monkey could do them after awhile, let alone a Robot. They are repetitive, and predictable as hell.  The Only difference was if they had 10 people or 200 people. The more people, which made no diffidence in hell, just more drunk bastards at the reception, the more I charged them lol. It was the most boring shit I ever shot after a few years.

20 hours ago, HockeyFan12 said:

The point is once Andrew is replaced by AI and then all the members are AI will the members still be rambling over what camera is the best for shooting AI weddings and will Andrew then be God and just switch this nonsense off? Also I am asking myself will AI order cameras and how will they attach lenses to them???

Well the big take away here is we have NO F ing clue what things will look like in even 15 years from now. Who would have Ever imagined a Smartphone 15 years ago, or half the stuff we just take for granted now. I bet unimaginable stuff will be around by then. AI has the potential to change Everything we know. It can be a LOT smarter than we are capable of ever being. It is going to be interesting to say the least down the road.

3 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Well the big take away here is we have NO F ing clue what things will look like in even 15 years from now. Who would have Ever imagined a Smartphone 15 years ago, or half the stuff we just take for granted now. I bet unimaginable stuff will be around by then. AI has the potential to change Everything we know. It can be a LOT smarter than we are capable of ever being. It is going to be interesting to say the least down the road.

We will make a gimbal mount for your Rascal 312 in 15 years. I would be interested in your footage ?