Canon EOS RP specs leaked, features 26MP sensor and 4K video

Andrew Reid

14 hours ago, Django said:

I think an IMAX production shot by actual astronauts in space makes for an even better story/case!

They could have used anything and tested ARRIS/REDS/CINEALTA and even a $200,000 Phantom F65... only to settle with a 1DC & C500.

The keyword is ‘an’. That was _one_  production. Meanwhile NASA themselves have been using Nikon for four decades. Years and years. That’s reliability for you. 

It’s besides the point anyway. I don’t know why you need to make everything into a pissing contest? What is all this insecurity about? My first post was merely a reflection on the different institutions use all sorts of cameras and I don’t think there’s any question that Canon cameras are some of the very best. Someone in the thread replied to the initial moronic post about Canon and Apple being for ‘snobs’ with an equally silly response about ‘winners’ using a certain brand.

I only wrote that many artist I know and work with don’t care what they use, trying to make the point that at the end of the day it doesn’t matter. 

The NASA thing was supposed to be a tongue in cheek response to the obnoxious Oscars thing. I merely wrote that Canon cameras are great, and look! Other cameras are also great, it’s unnecessary and childish to speak of ‘winners’ and ‘losers’.

But I see that you’re mainly interested in playground style exchange. I don’t share that interest at all, and my dad’s bigger than your dad anyway btw, so I’ll leave it at that. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Castorp said:

The keyword is ‘an’. That was _one_  production. Meanwhile NASA themselves have been using Nikon for four decades. Years and years. That’s reliability for you. 

It’s besides the point anyway. I don’t know why you need to make everything into a pissing contest? What is all this insecurity about? My first post was merely a reflection on the different institutions use all sorts of cameras and I don’t think there’s any question that Canon cameras are some of the very best. Someone in the thread replied to the initial moronic post about Canon and Apple being for ‘snobs’ with an equally silly response about ‘winners’ using a certain brand.

I only wrote that many artist I know and work with don’t care what they use, trying to make the point that at the end of the day it doesn’t matter. 

The NASA thing was supposed to be a tongue in cheek response to the obnoxious Oscars thing. I merely wrote that Canon cameras are great, and look! Other cameras are also great, it’s unnecessary and childish to speak of ‘winners’ and ‘losers’.

But I see that you’re mainly interested in playground style exchange. I don’t share that interest at all, and my dad’s bigger than your dad anyway btw, so I’ll leave it at that. 

Lol wait.. you're the one that brought up NASA uses Nikon for still photography.. in a Canon thread.. on a video-centric forum.. and I'm the one turning things into a pissing contest?!!

Cmon man, you went there. All i did was post a relevant link to an article which btw you thanked me for finding interesting. Why now the hissy fit?? Woke up wrong side of bed?

This place is like a ticking time-bomb, always with the drama.. especially if you dare say anything remotely positive about Canon, then all hell breaks loose, SMH.

FYI i started out with Nikon, shot on them for decades. Still own much of their glass & an FM2. Why would I feel remotely threatened by astronauts shooting stills?

So please mate.. take a deep breath and ask yourself..

56147281.jpg

• Super Members

I've got quite a few EF lenses but don't currently own an actual Canon camera any more to put them on so I'm quite keen on having a look at this RP when they are more readily available in stores near me.

I was thinking of using the lenses on my SL but then I'd 

Need

Another

Sigma

Adapter

I'll get my coat.

• Super Members
7 hours ago, TheRealOG said:

X-H1 is still a better choice for video than RP!

The XH1 is a great camera, I really wanted to keep it. But that grip.. In the store it was awesome, just like a chunky DSLR, which I like. But over time I started to hate it and eventually sold it. X-E3 is still my favorite Fuji.

7 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

The XH1 is a great camera, I really wanted to keep it. But that grip.. In the store it was awesome, just like a chunky DSLR, which I like. But over time I started to hate it and eventually sold it. X-E3 is still my favorite Fuji.

I'd prefur it. Xt3 grip is too small and the XT20 is worse.

18 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

I wasn't sold on it the first time around, but my local camera store had it on sale for $1,099 "open box", with grip. It was practically brand new and I traded a t4i... It went out the door for $975, and the viltrox adapter, it's a great image making machine. I love the 18-35 on it!