The Black Friday deal that I want this year is...

Jadesroom

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I'd like $1000 off the cost of the XT3

I'd like $1300 off the price of a X-T3.....

More seriously, I hope to see a big price slash on the Panasonic G85 which has been out for quite a fair while now. 
Which then hopefully will have a knock on effect with secondhand prices of the G85 on eBay before Christmas, as I'd like to get a G85 from eBay for myself.

Honestly the G85 at the current price that you can find it at is a great deal for all you get. I don't know that we'll see it go too much lower in price, at least not G7 low, for awhile. Probably not until they release a successor. Panasonic got a lot of praise for it but I actually don't think they got enough praise for how jam packed the G85 is. What a wonderful camera. 

2 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

If you are looking for a used bargain then MPB have a 10% off promotion on all of their lens stock.

https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/used-equipment/used-photo-and-video/used-lenses/

Yeah but isn't the EVA1 sort of  Sony FS5 competition? B&H has the FS5 for $4,248.00 so I don't see how the EVA1 can sell for much more than the FS5 to be honest.

And Sony probably sells 10x more FS5's than the EVA1 does. Although I think I would take the EVA1 over the FS5 output wise. I think the Variable ND is what sells the FS5.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1185424-REG/sony_pxw_fs5_xdcam_super_35.html

• Super Members
2 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah but isn't the EVA1 sort of  Sony FS5 competition? B&H has the FS5 for $4,248.00 so I don't see how the EVA1 can sell for much more than the FS5 to be honest.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1185424-REG/sony_pxw_fs5_xdcam_super_35.html

Yeah but isn't that sort of someone else's post you should have been quoting ;) 

1 hour ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

Well... there are some black friday sales going around for courses on things like Resolve and other NLE / Grading software. So yeah, skills kind of ARE on sale.

I realised that when I posted, but if only you could buy skills and just install them!  I do have my eyes on a couple of courses, but in reality I know better than I actually do, and that's mostly just down to habits and practice.  Going from not knowing the theory to knowing it and barely being able to do it given infinite time is one thing, but doing it properly, reliably, and quickly on location as well as everything else you have to do is something else entirely.  My brain knows quite a lot, but it's my muscle memory that makes footage :)