Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 10/6/2018 at 4:09 PM, DBounce said:

Here is a quick shootout of the Fuji X-T3, Canon 1DXMk2, Canon C200 and Panasonic GH5S. Granted FCPX refused to not blowout some of the footage of camera B. It's displayed correctly in some of the head to head comparisons. I think it might have been caused by a software bug in FCPX. In any case all four cameras were filming in base ISO in controlled lighting. Opinions welcomed.

Just watched this. Interestingly enough on my 1080P PC Monitor the C200 was the clear winner, with the GH5S and Fuji looking more or less the same - or at least not significant enough for me to prefer one over the other. One of the better showings of the GH5(s) for me. However, when I switched over to watching on my 4k TV the results were different. Yes, the C200 looked very good but amazingly I thought the Fuji overall had the more natural look and I thought it the best of the bunch.

The video does re-inforce that there is something about the GH5 (and BM4/6K too) that I just don't care for. A kind of video-y plastic-y softness I can't unsee no matter how many clips/videos I watch.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks. I am a recent convert to Fuji (from Sony). Love the color straight out of camera and am now a believer

Some questions -

1. Noticed a smell from the camera once I hit record. It’s pretty strong. Saw some folks allude to this in this thread. Is this normal? 

2. The one thing I really missed on the Fuji is custom user settings (which I have programmed on my a73). This allows me to quickly switch from photo to 4k@24 or to FHD@60

Was a little painful switching between these modes quickly on the xt3

3. Which lens would u guys recommend for low light photography and videography? I am worried the f2s won’t cut it for night time videography 

40 minutes ago, bytebuster said:

Hi folks. I am a recent convert to Fuji (from Sony). Love the color straight out of camera and am now a believer

Some questions -

1. Noticed a smell from the camera once I hit record. It’s pretty strong. Saw some folks allude to this in this thread. Is this normal? 

2. The one thing I really missed on the Fuji is custom user settings (which I have programmed on my a73). This allows me to quickly switch from photo to 4k@24 or to FHD@60

Was a little painful switching between these modes quickly on the xt3

3. Which lens would u guys recommend for low light photography and videography? I am worried the f2s won’t cut it for night time videography 

I've never noticed a smell that's really odd. 

I'm waiting on the Viltrox lenses to come out. They were supposed to be released this month the 23 1.4, 33 1.4 and 56mm 1.4. 

Otherwise the old Fuji 1.4 primes are great but don't focus as good as the newer F2 models.

7 hours ago, bytebuster said:

Any speed boosters u can recommend? Will AF work with these ? 

I have fujis 35mm f2 and don't feel like it's too dark. Though it does depend on your tolerance for ISO noise - especially coming from Sony. The AF is amazing on it.

I also have the Viltrox speedbooster and it's hit or miss with which lenses will have usable AF. the nifty fifty 1.8 seems to work very well, but the 24-105L and 17-40L both have pretty terrible AF on this setup.

I've not noticed the smell on mine, but I'm also not in the habit of smelling my cameras. Next time I'm using it, I'll keep a nostril out though.

57 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

I've not noticed the smell on mine, but I'm also not in the habit of smelling my cameras. Next time I'm using it, I'll keep a nostril out though.

Hahaha! I happened to notice it only because my hand started smelling and that’s when I figured out it was the camera. Very weird

On 12/31/2019 at 10:07 PM, thebrothersthre3 said:

I have the Voigtlander 40mm f1.2 LM as taking lens mounted with dumb LM-FX adapter on the X-T3. After that the Anamorphot Bolex 16/32/1.5x and Rectilux HCDNA for focussing. I filmed this during a photoshoot, not really intend to make a short commercial like film. The Voigtlander 40mm/f1.2 works pretty well. All shots filmed wide open, mixed light and with variable ND filter.

Love Fuji and have been waiting for a really good reason to use them fully. The XT3 was really close, but I got too used to the IBIS of Panasonic. 

If this is an XT3 with IBIS and some updated video specs (120fps in 4K, 10-bit 422) and better battery life, I'm IN. Would love internal compressed raw (license something like BM Raw or RedCode), but ProRes Raw to a Ninja V would be great as well. 

48 minutes ago, heart0less said:

Supposedly:

6K 60p in 10-bit - everything recorded internally.

Anamorphic aspect ratios.

IBIS.

Fully articulated screen.

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t4-registered-and-coming-with-ibis-in-march-and-about-that-6k60p-video-rumor/

Yeah if it all that comes to pass I might go all in on it.

1 hour ago, heart0less said:

Supposedly:

6K 60p in 10-bit - everything recorded internally.

Anamorphic aspect ratios.

IBIS.

Fully articulated screen.

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t4-registered-and-coming-with-ibis-in-march-and-about-that-6k60p-video-rumor/

Actually what the rumor says is that the person who claimed anamorphic, articulated screen and has been shown to be wrong on the date so we should not automatically trust everything else in the list.