Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, jonpais said:

Peace. Six long months shooting that silly thin codec of mine. 😳 

A Ha!!! Now you know how we sony a6500 owners felt when the GH5 came out...

:grin:

In all seriousness, I might sell my Sonys and buy an GH5 and some MFT lenses and then pick up the BMPCC4K when it comes out in September. Otherwise I was going to get the a7 III.

2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

An interesting aspect to retain is the fact this manufacturer has no real high-end to protect other than under 5 grand or so. No bigger boys to handle. The industry standards. This makes the economies of scale as a finest appetizer recipe to salute the income from such so democratic price range. Funny, isn't it?

Hope to wake up tomorrow and to not be back to those old late 80s or early 90s... LOL

It does. The ursa mini pro (6k). But I sure will be buying a pocket v2 for my gimbal work from now on(depending what project it is). Prob will also become my travel camera if the stills pan out great(hopefully enough shutterspeed options)

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Trouble is with this camera is we are going to have to Produce some damn good footage out of it, or it will be our fault, probably not he cameras fault. Yikes. :grimace:

I have sort of an excuse, I am old. Emanuel you do not, I have seen how old you are LoL. Somehow I don't see a Cannes Lion in my future. But you never know. :astonished:

Age is so relative, Don... You have more than some other people over other age groups, my friend. You have the years of your experience we all have to be grateful learning with your insights, listening your thoughts when you give your readers such honor, which is hardly quantified at all : ) Lucky us :-)

6 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Just for the record, the GH5 does not shoot garbage plastic looking footage. And while the Pocket 4K is probably awesome, it does not suddenly make shooting Panasonic Log obsolete.

Glad you brought that up. I still seem a bit confused by the HLG workflow if outputting to SD

You just shoot in HLG profile and then is there a LUT for converting from HLG to rec.709??? Or is there more that needs to go into this?

And if so, do you need to use a whole different lut (and re-grade everything) if going to rec 2020???

1 minute ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

Glad you brought that up. I still seem a bit confused by the HLG workflow if outputting to SD

You just shoot in HLG profile and then is there a LUT for converting from HLG to rec.709??? Or is there more that needs to go into this?

And if so, do you need to use a whole different lut (and re-grade everything) if going to rec 2020???

Yes, you just apply a camera LUT in FCP X and it converts from rec 2020 to rec 709. In the clip I posted, pretty much all I did was reduce the saturation of the green of the lettuce and add a slight vignette. HDR grading is a whole 'nother beast altogether.

9 hours ago, Davide Roveri said:

Not sure about that.. as far as I can tell 1080 still use the full width of the sensor and it’s downsampled in camera. The camera records windowed when you shoot HFR @ 120fps though, not sure if there is an option to do that at normal speed also...

Blackmagic has clearly stated at NAB that the 1080p mode is windowed.

12 minutes ago, cantsin said:

Blackmagic has clearly stated at NAB that the 1080p mode is windowed.

I guess that makes a S16 camera, even though I have no maths in hands here yet to accurately testify that.

Only 120 fps is windowed HD:

Frame Rates

Maximum sensor frame rate dependent on resolution and codec selected. Project frame rates of 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60 fps supported.
Off-speed frame rates up to 60 fps in 4K DCI, 120 fps in HD windowed.

14 minutes ago, frontfocus said:

the camera looks very interesting and the price is just phenomenal. I'd say it will put quite some pressure on Panasonic and the GH5s. 

Sure, and we all profit along this competitive race... :-)

5 minutes ago, frontfocus said:

the camera looks very interesting and the price is just phenomenal. I'd say it will put quite some pressure on Panasonic and the GH5s. 

BMD is a small player, they're probably not even on Panasonic's radar. If anyone is interested in RAW HDMI out, they should keep requesting it in the forums and on YT channels that review Panasonic products.

BMD is growing fast and with this announcement they're going to blow up even more. The fact the sensor is MFT (and Dual ISO at that) is definitely stepping on Panny's toes. GH6 better have Pro Res raw internal & rock solid AF. GH5S is DOA imo.