Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
17 minutes ago, RWR said:

webrunner..they're showing/picturing it in action settings, riding on the back of a motorcycle..also vlogging mention by Petty.

There are just too many advantages to articulating screen in a small camera.. If you don't need it, just use it on back..but if you had the option, you'd find it liberating.

They just get in the way of all the stuff you have on the sides. They are not a practical thing for hard, heavy use, fast usage. And a 5" one, that would look crazy.

Be happy with what they are giving us, Jesus it is only 1000 bucks! Sadly we are back to no camera is perfect for everyone. But I think if you are serious about Video this is the one.

10 minutes ago, Mokara said:

Expected availability Sep 3, 2018. I imagine actual availability would be after that, and who knows what other products from mainstream manufacturers will be on the market by then.

This seems to be another one of BM's announcements long before the camera is ready to ship, meaning that it is still in development, so it is anyone's guess when it will actually be available.

According to Grant during the livestream, the camera is actually done development wise. They just have to scope the manufacturing process. I still wouldn't hold my breath for a pre-September release, but I think BM has learned from their past not to be overly optimistic on delivery dates.

4 minutes ago, DaveAltizer said:

My first look is live! HOLY CRAP THIS CAMERA ROCKS!! 

Since you are there...Can you ask them when sample footage will be available?

6 minutes ago, Jn- said:

And usb-c charging and power cable included.

My comment was deleted/ didn't post.

Yes, usb-c charging and power cable being included is excellent. I will include it in the list. Thanks

1 minute ago, MurtlandPhoto said:

According to Grant during the livestream, the camera is actually done development wise. They just have to scope the manufacturing process. I still wouldn't hold my breath for a pre-September release, but I think BM has learned from their past not to be overly optimistic on delivery dates.

Grant even said he was announcing it too early. September 2018 is impossible. Prove me wrong Blackmagic, prove me wrong. :D

Just now, andrgl said:

Grant even said he was announcing it too early. September 2018 is impossible. Prove me wrong Blackmagic, prove me wrong. :D

Right before that he literally says, "The product is finished." And then he proceeds to say that they just have to nail down the manufacturing process....

A lot of people are making the joke that they'll probably take another year to start shipping, but BM is a way different company than it was back in 2013. They'll deliver in September. That's my bet.

2 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I’m guessing December 16th. The idea of using this camera for vlogging seems absurd to me, but that’s just me.

Can't be any more stupid than people using a Canon 6D mk II to V Log LoL. I don't think this camera is really any bigger than a GH5 is it?

2 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I’m guessing December 16th. The idea of using this camera for vlogging seems absurd to me, but that’s just me.

Absurd to you and me, but I think the price puts this camera right in the crosshairs of some vloggers. Hell, people are vlogging with RED Weapons. The more Pockets BM sells, the more likely they'll make another. Keep the vloggers comin'!

2 minutes ago, MurtlandPhoto said:

Absurd to you and me, but I think the price puts this camera right in the crosshairs of some vloggers. Hell, people are vlogging with RED Weapons. The more Pockets BM sells, the more likely they'll make another. Keep the vloggers comin'!

Yeah I forgot about the Red camera users. Crazy people V Loging with one LoL.

44 minutes ago, mkabi said:

It makes all hybrid/DSLR cameras prehistoric (dinosaurs). But I think its most relate-able to GH5 because of the m43 sensor and price is always a factor.... 

I would not say that until it has a Canon or at least a Sony phaze detect autofocus and I would add a lighter long gop codec. Not everyone will want 100's gig of data and continually manual focusing. But for filmmakers and docu it will trash anything around its price range. 

5 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Can't be any more stupid than people using a Canon 6D mk II to V Log LoL. I don't think this camera is really any bigger than a GH5 is it?

GH5 is the perfect camera size comparison. It has a better grip than the panny tho!

5 minutes ago, DaveAltizer said:

GH5 is the perfect camera size comparison. It has a better grip than the panny tho!

That is really pretty small then, impressive stuff. Thanks for the update.