Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dear erstwhile member can you please stop attacking John Brawley now. I have long since given up on camera forum arguments so might not be completely up on who is right and who is wrong-evil /

I like the pictures. A lot.  This camera will probably replace the micro cinema camera for me as it’s not much bigger and is much easier to work with.  I didn’t feel as strongly about the 4K

What a shame. Who are these "deep state" BMD insiders that are here pushing an agenda ? Myself and Hook.  Who else ?  What do you guys think, there's a plot and conspiracy ?  You guys don't wat t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Turboguard said:

Anyone who ordered from B&H heard anything? Also if I call them will they tell me what number in line I am? I got it April 9 right after announcement. 

I spoke with a customer service person from BH Photo and she said that they expect to ship out some of the Pocket 4k orders tomorrow.

• Administrators

It's not really a cinema camera though. It's going to be annoying especially with the low battery life, you will want to do a lot of power cycles in the midst of shooting with it.

Now you can always rig it up with a big brick of a battery but you know what I think of doing that to "Pocket cameras".

1 hour ago, Vision said:

@sobrietyrefund

here u go ?

1 hour ago, sobrietyrefund said:

Do you have a link to that video?

The stills are just some testing yesterday but they ARE from the Pocket 4K. I'll try and see if I can make a video soon but there's a lowlight shoot I'd like to add in and need to find some time for that.

The Blackmagic RAW video is from the Ursa Mini Pro though. 

I just like the look of the great actors. And the asian guy is my brother haha.

• Administrators

I am just wondering how he can say it's the gold standard, in the same breath of "it's not a low light camera"

:)

It's not full frame either.

"Fan a none issue!"

It is an issue. It has a great whacking hole in the top!!

I am interested to find out how they stop dust getting in there and onto the sensor, as the fan is primarily there to cool the sensor and image processor.

I would also be frightened of a slight bit of drizzle or sand. You guys plan to use it in a plastic bag? :)

• Administrators

120p is 4x crop and no AF tracking.

You can see THROUGH the camera from top to bottom - it has a HOLE in it.

GOLD standard?

Pity the early adopters, after I saw his 'problems' section.

Squeals a high-pitched note randomly. Sometimes just hangs for no reason.

No low battery warning or graceful shutdown procedure, just turns off and corrupts the ProRes file.

The camera ain't finished.