Yurolov

Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

12 hours ago, andrgl said:

Hey @John Brawley can you pass feedback for future cameras? Me and some happy BM owners would love to see a Micro Pro with a positive lock MFT mount, SDI out and swappable rear battery plates. I know we are a niche market but those things would make the Micro v2 epic. :)

Hell YEAH!
(been arguing for while for a positive lock MFT Mount like there is already for Sony E Mount)

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 7/13/2018 at 4:18 PM, andrgl said:

Three months ago I was salty about not getting a Micro 2. Now I'm ready to upgrade just for that 4k60!

cameras.gif.bb5010939aac96432c20ae5aa83159a5.gif

Hey @John Brawley can you pass feedback for future cameras? Me and some happy BM owners would love to see a Micro Pro with a positive lock MFT mount, SDI out and swappable rear battery plates. I know we are a niche market but those things would make the Micro v2 epic. :)

Curious what you shoot with these? Just picked up a pocket with metabones EF for 600. So many deals on the eBay kits. I also own a few of those SSDs. So good. 

On 7/12/2018 at 1:02 PM, webrunner5 said:

You can look at this one. Same concept. And Philip Bloom is doing it

Thanks!  That is actually cool!

Evidently, there were at least three "Barbie Cam" models:  a still camera; the video camera that I linked; and the one that you linked that is built into the doll.

41 minutes ago, Parker said:

That is a LOT of money for a cage for a cheap camera LoL. Nearly half the price of the camera!

http://www.8sinn.com/index.php/supported-cameras/blackmagic-pocket-cinema-camera-4k/8sinn-bm-pocket-cinema-camera-4k-cage-top-handle-pro.html

1 hour ago, tupp said:

Thanks!  That is actually cool!

Evidently, there were at least three "Barbie Cam" models:  a still camera; the video camera that I linked; and the one that you linked that is built into the doll.

I laughed when Kai called it a Cleavage Cam. Funny video no doubt. But shows you can make a movie work with some pretty cheap stuff. I think editing and naturally the story is what counts more than the camera by far.

It's always been that way.  Blackmagic cameras have always been really cheap, but they use professional accessories so the price seems really high in comparison.  Rigs have always been a significantly priced in comparison to the cameras, CFast 2.0 was expensive when it came out, and SDI montors are more expensive than HDMI although there are a lot more available now.

1 minute ago, jonpais said:

I wonder what it really cost to design and manufacture the camera. 😂

yeah that too.  I wonder if the GH5s is significantly cheaper to make than the GH5 because it lacks IBIS and is based around an existing body and color science but since it's a PRO model they have to price it higher

I think when blackmagic fist came out and DSLR was all the rage the costs of accessories were significantly different to DSLR's because DSLR's  came with a kit lens and included batteries that lasted for hours.  They were basically usable out of the box, and because the files were so compressed, you could use cheap SD cards too.  This camera with a DSLR form factor, high quality screen and micro 4/3 mount is the closest they've come to a camera that's usable with minimal accessories.

29 minutes ago, Savannah Miller said:

That cage is priced exactly 1/3 the price of the camera, so I'm not suprised if they did it on purpose.  Makes me wonder what it really costs to design and manufacture something like that.

I was just going to say something along the same line. You can bet that thing doesn't cost 50 bucks to make. The big cost is the CnC work for all of those holes in it for 1/4-16 threads I would think.

Really the camera cost 995 bucks. The Resolve is 300  bucks. They will be selling just the camera for 995 down the road you watch. If a studio wanted to by say 10 of them no way in hell are they going to stand still buying 10 copies of Resolve months after the release of it.. You won't be able to give away a Dongle on ebay there will be so many of them on there.