Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 minutes ago, Danilo Del Tufo said:

The original clip on Vimeo is only 153MB. Shame as it's also handheld, so could have been a great sample of what to expect with rolling shutter and colour/gradeability, but the compression means there's not much it can tell us that we don't already know.

36 minutes ago, markr041 said:

The "original" is not a clip from the camera. It is not ProRes 422, but 28 Mbps, H264, 8bit 420. This is totally misleading or else I did not see an explanation. This is just an edited  promo piece. It could have been shot with anything.

That motion blur looks bad too.  I have doubts as to whether that is really shot on blackmagic or whether that's graded GH5 log footage.

2 hours ago, HurtinMinorKey said:

So this looks like a merge between the BMCC, BMPC and BMPCC lines.  Same sensor size as the original BMPC.  And a form factor much enhanced but somewhere between the BMCC/BMPC and BMPCC in size. 

No, it's an oversized micro 4/3 sensor.

14 hours ago, Federico Res said:

Hi! Here are some good quality screenshots from a clip that was posted in a BMPCC4k Facebook group. I have the footage in my HDD (12 GB for about 4 minutes), I may re-upload it (original link is gone), but I already feel like a thief writing this post ^^

The footage looks clean and beautiful. No visible noise, just a fine grain. It is not really representative of the final output of the camera but it looks very promising.

I graded it with FilmConvert and the BMPCC video preset. No sharpening, no noise reduction

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z7p2hmyot33myhh/AAAULea367Tvyf3zJ4qYcHOZa?dl=0

@Danilo Del Tufo this is his first post about the footage...

On 16/04/2018 at 6:18 PM, John Brawley said:

So far, from what I can remember back to V9, they've never charged for an upgrade.  Once you own it, you own it.

JB

This! I got a license when I purchased my BMCC a few years ago and got every single update absolutely free. Not only this but the amount and the quality of work the programmers have put into the software is absolutely phenomenal, they're constantly adding features AND making sure your hardware is always utilised to the max (which sadly can't be said for a lot of software around today). So not only the feature set for the price point is incredible in my opinion, you also get a wonderfully written piece of software that is constantly updated and free of charge, what's not to like? :-)

Any official footage published yet? Why is BM not publishing an advertisement video 100% shot on this camera, like everyone else, I do not get it? 
Would love to see what this camera is capable of in 4K60p. Would love to play with some ProRes footage too from it. 

Would love to demo it actually, if BM can send me a unit or 2..!

5 hours ago, Savannah Miller said:

I was not trying to say that the GH5 footage was bad so much as if you go to his vimeo page that seems like the camera that he owns.  Maybe he just doesn't know how to use it properly?

I was wondering about the strong sharpening lol