NX1 RAW VIDEO???

timmyturntable

@Kisaha how is it lame ? Because you don’t like it ? If only that mattered. You can scroll up and read how everyone was making the “he’s a kid” argument and @Andrew Reid kindly stated that his claim essentially still needs to be verified and @Arikhan should provide more information so he could support it in AN OFFICIAL BLOG POST. People who were initially against that started to like the posts. If observing that makes my statement lame @Kisaha I take the utmost pride in being lame.

for the record kindly divert your attention to the passionate post I made on petitioning for an NX1 hack that ultimately lead to all of us getting a hack developed. How lame am I ? I will always support the filmmaking community and I an adamant in making sure the information posted here is actual fact,verifiable and accessible to others.

also the fact that you don’t see the shared responsibility in my equipment purchasing example is alarming to me. Many people buy cameras based off of the information posted in youtube reviews and trusted forums like this. To say its their fault if they bought the camera based off of the information we actively share in a thread like this when we could take simple measures to make sure the info we are posting is accurate is socially irresponsible and affects the quality of posts and reputation of a forum. Look at dpreviews unregulated hell hole of a forum. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The vertical image is a picture.
- 4K video frame size 4000 x 2160 = Downscaling 1800 x 972.
- UHD video frame size 3840 x 2160 = Downscaling 1800 x 1012.
- Downscaling Picture size 6480 x 4320 = Downscaling 1800 x 1200.
The vertical image he has published is exactly 1800 x 1200!
You can not get a 1800 x 1200 pixel from a 4k or UHD video frame!
He has always claimed to have 25fps raw limit from 4k or UHD video.
In addition to this evidence add that the two photos are different in shape and substance, add that the first frame is clearly a h265, add that he is a kid, add that he is waiting for the first of April, add that he has no reason not to publish a test file, add that he is reading these posts and remains silent.
@Kisahahe can make fun you but not me.

@kidzrevil I didn't say you are lame. The sentence was.

I know and respect most of the work you put on this forum and all the cameras you use with your real life tests. No issue here.

I was just not sure who that people are, I just find it lame that you implied that people are scared or worship as a God, and live accordingly to Andrew's gospel. I bet not even Andrew would like to have any flatterers or a@#lickers (pardon my French)!

I haven't sense any lack of individuality, freedom, and independent thought in this forum. I thought that's why most of us are here.

I said that people shouldn't buy a camera out of a RUMOR, not after tests and real life reviews and experiences. Rumors are just rumors, not certainties. I remember when the hack/mod of the NX happened, in all the forums and youtube videos, people were expecting "someone"  ( @vasilemost probably) to find a solution for the 4K crop, and people were certain of these. People were buying NX500s because they were expecting mini NX1s in 1/3 of the price!

I still see posts on Youtube of people asking if the "hackers" find a solution to these, and then you have people asking for whatever "hack" they have in their mind. A few days ago a certain person here asked from the "hackers" to allow NX500 to shoot on 25600ISO, or something, and someone to "hack" a mic in (!) and stuff like that! 

@lucabutera I don't expect anything, so I can't be fooled!

Anyways, back to my boring editing Sunday.

Hope something good comes out of all these, there are a lot of talented people that can take a good idea and improve it, including @kidzrevil and @lucabutera.

This forum of professionals and photography enthusiasts is highly visited.
My suspicion is that he wants to sell his camera and wants to get a better price.
I discovered an auction on Ebay in Germany of a private seller who casually sold a Samsung NX1 and the lenses and auction expires on Saturday 31 March ... how many coincidences ...

https://www.ebay.it/sch/melamut/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

I hope to be wrong but if it is finally proved that I am right, I ask Andrew Reid to make the necessary arrangements.
@Arikhan do not do the mouse in the den, or take out the cheese or I take the cat!

P.S. Pending advice to everyone not to buy Samsung NX1 cameras if they hope to have RAW video.

• Super Members

I love a good conspiracy myself as well but the man who is casually selling Samsung gear on your eBay link is from Hannover.

Which would mean that @Arikhan has casually enabled X100000 zoom mode on the NX1 to have taken that shot of Frankfurt from 350km away......

Sometimes coincidences are just that.

2 hours ago, lucabutera said:

The vertical image is a picture.

Hehe...The video I have will proof you LYING - and will CLEARLY proof the provenience of the screenshot. Anyway...Your aggressive and insulting tonality are a brazenness - but hey, it's internet...

@lucabutera - I'm curious what you will say, if viewing the video on Vimeo. It seems you don't care about your reputation when convicting you for false claims. Your good work with the booster doesn't qualify you for false claims in connection with my footage.

This discussion - insults, conspiracy theories, false claims, etc. - is dull. Noone forces me to do this here. After delivering the first charge of h265 vs RAW and uploading the "false claim video" to Vimeo to proof Lucabutera false claims, I will be out here.

@Matthew Hartman will post the upload link to the footage and the Vimeo link for proofing Lucabutera false claims.

You will get

• 5-6 seconds of "classic" 4K NX1 H265 (incl. specifications)
  • 5-6 seconds of 4K NX1 DNG footage, both shot in exactly same conditions to compare (incl. specifications)
  • "The vertical image is a picture [...] You can not get a 1800 x 1200 pixel from a 4k or UHD video frame!" - said Lucabutera. This is a blattant false claim. Just split the coming Vimeo-video in screenshot frames and you will find the screenshot scene posted here

I was not after appreciation, fame, or money. Not even after furious insults and false claims. Many of the guys insulting me are prisonners of their own, small parallel universe - full of boredom, cynism, envy and hate. Go out and get a live. And try to stay polite and open minded.

27 minutes ago, Arikhan said:

Hehe...The video I have will proof you LYING - and will CLEARLY proof the provenience of the screenshot. Anyway...Your aggressive and insulting tonality are a brazenness - but hey, it's internet...

@lucabutera - I'm curious what you will say, if viewing the video on Vimeo. It seems you don't care about your reputation when convicting you for false claims. Your good work with the booster doesn't qualify you for false claims in connection with my footage.

This discussion - insults, conspiracy theories, false claims, etc. - is dull. Noone forces me to do this here. After delivering the first charge of h265 vs RAW and uploading the "false claim video" to Vimeo to proof Lucabutera false claims, I will be out here.

@Matthew Hartman will post the upload link to the footage and the Vimeo link for proofing Lucabutera false claims.

You will get

• 5-6 seconds of 4K NX1 DNG footage, both shot in exactly same conditions to compare (incl. specifications)
  • "The vertical image is a picture [...] You can not get a 1800 x 1200 pixel from a 4k or UHD video frame!" - said Lucabutera. This is a blattant false claim. Just split the coming Vimeo-video in screenshot frames and you will find the screenshot scene posted here

I was not after appreciation, fame, or money. Not even after furious insults and false claims. Many of the guys insulting me are prisonners of their own, small parallel universe - full of boredom, cynism, envy and hate. Go out and get a live. And try to stay polite and open minded.

Just curious how it all ends... When you @Arikhan made this improvement a week before X-mas, everybody would see it as a present. But a week before the 1st of April... I would like to see some footage, as everybody here in this topic will. 

I'm warning you guys, out of full respect for this forum and it's members, the way you're approaching this is pushing the kid away. I can't blame him.

@lucabutera you've been downright nasty sir, not to mention falsifying information about Arikhan, and even threatening banishment.

When you run a succesful business such as you do, you must have good PR skills, and yours need some serious work my friend.

Again, if anyone has any financial gain out of Arikhan's potential findings it's you. You simply are not playing this in a very strategic manner, instead actually behaving quite indignant and entitled.

You had every opprtunity to approach this differently and with each new negative comment you post you squander it more and more. And for what net outcome? Kicking a kid around?

Per favore fermati. Ciao. 

1 hour ago, Arikhan said:

You will get

I want to believe (cit.) since I love, love nx1 and use to trust people. So please don't proof I'm a fool and give us wo der by april 1st, so that this day will be known as april's arikhan from now on. 

Respect to you, young Jedi. 

11 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Hey, Lucas, It's not even April the 1st yet, you can not wait even for your traditional joke!

That just makes it funnier! :-P 

7 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Which would mean that @Arikhan has casually enabled X100000 zoom mode on the NX1 to have taken that shot of Frankfurt from 350km away......

Ohhhhhhhhhhh........... that is even more exciting that raw video!! ;-) 

Woahhhh calm the tits people! I just had to create an account for this:

i. Here's the thing, everyone's right, frankly, @Arikhan really shouldn't have posted about his achievements when's he's unable to provide any evidence. Personally, I think it is a matter of lack of courtesy (yes, yes, I know he doesn't have any obligation to provide anything) to the community. By that, he's simply not being considerate and thoughtful enough when presenting an unnecessary bold claim, even if it may be of a good will to steer up excitement within the forum. To that end,  one cannot fault the expression of disappointment (mostly anger) from the mere mundane lurking on this Earth, only to have such behaviour further encouraged by the Internet when everyone cannot see anyone face-to-face. I mean if everyone can keep their shit (immature/ unconstructive) comments to themselves, all of this tension wouldn't have happened: i. Arikhan did not post until everything is green light; ii. every members took it as a joke and ignore it. However, hey, take that away life would be hella boring hah.

ii. Since we're on the topic, apparently there used to be a similar case which did not end pretty. I know unfortunately this is rare, I do hope admin @Andrew Reid can set up a certain guideline on topics regarding claims on hacking breakthroughs, just to maintain the healthy knowledge exchange as this site is known for :) 

iii. The MOST IMPORTANT PART of this message: 

6 hours ago, Matthew Hartman said:

I'm warning you guys, out of full respect for this forum and it's members, the way you're approaching this is pushing the kid away. I can't blame him.

Assuming @Arikhan did manage a hack but got pissed off, nobody's a winner!!!! 

Facts:

A. The RAW hack is real or not.

B. The RAW hack will be revealed April 1 or not.

C. Based on previous hacks, the work completed by others that benefits all NX1 owners will likely cost nothing. Just like NX-KS2 or MagicLantern. Both of which I am personally VERY grateful for.

Honestly -- please, please stop demanding proof, fabricating conspiracy theories, frankly being a cyber bully to a stranger, shut up and wait.

Until April 1, I know for certain that reading this forum (especially after PAGES of all this pointless drama) is no priority for me.

Leave the stranger offering a promising hack (real or not) alone. Observe outcome. Rejoice/lament said outcome. Move forward.

I personally try not to be a dick about free things to those offering free things before they finish free things that might otherwise no longer be free had I chosen instead to be a dick.

13 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I love a good conspiracy myself as well but the man who is casually selling Samsung gear on your eBay link is from Hannover.

Sometimes coincidences are just that.

This does not mean anything, even I can publish photographs of Rome but I live 10,000 kilometers away. It does not seem to me that the camera can only be used in the city where you live.

11 hours ago, Arikhan said:

You will get

I'm not the one who claimed to have found the raw file, so it's you that you have to prove something, not me!
I limit myself to commenting on the statements that contrast with what you have published.
Photograph # 1 is a compressed 16: 9, full of artifacts, photography # 2 is a 16bit 4: 3. aspect ratio.
The 4: 3 raw aspect ratio can only be obtained in 6k picture mode, but this contrasts with your previous statements "only 4k 25fps"
You say to shoot with the RAW you have to load the RAW file, no video with editing and export mp4 uploaded on Vimeo or Youtube.
P.S. My reputation is very healthy, I have always spoken clearly and I have shown what I can do, now it's your turn.

• Super Members
46 minutes ago, lucabutera said:

This does not mean anything, even I can publish photographs of Rome but I live 10,000 kilometers away. It does not seem to me that the camera can only be used in the city where you live.

He has mentioned on numerous occasions in the past on this forum where he is from.

I'm not going to do the search for you but I'll just say your detective skills would've been better used looking here than on eBay if you want to find out that it isn't Hannover.

... wow.. it's been so long :grimace:

I really have to catch up with what you are talking about (thanks for the tag by the way).

as far as I recall the "hacks" so far were mostly additional software/scripts which were exploiting some of the camera capabilities which were underutilized.
(that is, with the exception of bitrate change, and messing with which capture size get packed into which preset video encoding)

When it comes to capturing "raw" video, I would say "highly doubtful", as dumping the sensor data (most probably) won't be computationally feasible, and there was no API for dumping raw frames (and digging in the firmware to get that was out of the question).

But hey, even :) if it's an early April fools day joke, no need for negative energy ;)