Jump to content
timmyturntable

NX1 RAW VIDEO???

Recommended Posts

So, this is filed under the NX2 rumors thread...but, if true, I thought this warrants its own thread...

 20 hours ago,  Arikhan said: 

Im have good news for you: I just shot RAW video with the NX1...RAW VIDEO in 25p - nice workflow with 25 DNGs per second. Just an unbelievable quality (in my eyes).

Problem: I'm just writing my graduation exam...after that I'll download the footage and describe the methodology. It's quite special but it's great for my Ipurposes. With the 60mm 2.8 at F6 an unbelievable detail and sharpness.

It's quite exciting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
13 minutes ago, timmyturntable said:

Exactly...I was on the brink of selling my NX1 and going all FUJI and then this pops up...

April 1st is calling "fool's day" for a reason!

If your system isn't right for you anymore, nothing will change that reality. Only an NX2 and a couple more new lenses, which is not happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was randomly checking this forum after ages, and I see this. (Does Andrew still lose it randomly? That was always entertaining. Haha) 

(Still going strong with my NX1 as my main camera for photo and some video gigs.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If  @Arikhan is completely serious, I want in on the hacking as well. I'm an EE student as well and have been writing embedded firmware for stuff like SSD's, so this linux-based camera is so freaking cool to me. I've been on this forum on and off for like 2 years now. Recently I started looking again for an NX1 with S Lens on Craigslist and Ebay and I can't find any good deals. Been deciding between GH5, Ursa Mini, and NX1 for semi-pro use, but would love to get an NX1 so that I could try writing some hacks.

Been slowly trawling through @Otto K's github repo and a good amount makes sense but the some of the setup instructions don't (I think they will once I have a camera and start digging through the menus).

Anyone see any good deals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, vaga said:

If  @Arikhan is completely serious, I want in on the hacking as well. I'm an EE student as well and have been writing embedded firmware for stuff like SSD's, so this linux-based camera is so freaking cool to me. I've been on this forum on and off for like 2 years now. Recently I started looking again for an NX1 with S Lens on Craigslist and Ebay and I can't find any good deals. Been deciding between GH5, Ursa Mini, and NX1 for semi-pro use, but would love to get an NX1 so that I could try writing some hacks.

Been slowly trawling through @Otto K's github repo and a good amount makes sense but the some of the setup instructions don't (I think they will once I have a camera and start digging through the menus).

Anyone see any good deals?

Depends on what you consider a good deal. If the RAW hack is good expect the used market value on the NX1 body to sky rocket.

You can also purchase the NX1 brand new in box from South Korea:

http://gsearch.gmarket.co.kr/Listview/Search?keyword=NX1#none

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Matthew Hartman said:

Depends on what you consider a good deal. If the RAW hack is good expect the used market value on the NX1 body to sky rocket.

You can also purchase the NX1 brand new in box from South Korea:

http://gsearch.gmarket.co.kr/Listview/Search?keyword=NX1#none

This is more expensive than it was when it wasn't discontinued...

The one thing that I've seen that has become uniformly more expensive (cameras, lenses, etc) after getting discontinued... I remember when an NX500 was available new for $300! Now used is 800

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, vaga said:

This is more expensive than it was when it wasn't discontinued...

The one thing that I've seen that has become uniformly more expensive (cameras, lenses, etc) after getting discontinued... I remember when an NX500 was available new for $300! Now used is 800

That is the whole theory of supply and demand. Supply can no longer meet demand in the case of the NX line of bodies. Expect this equation to increase, perhaps even triple-fold if demand increases due to the RAW output, especially if it's in the realm of 16bit. We are the fortunate ones to have "first access" to the possible findings before the ground swell hits the broader video community. If it turns out to be a positive outcome, you'd be wise to purchase another NX1 even at double the price of release/discontinue before those prices go through the roof, and they will.  

Those of us that have held on to our NX1s will be in the most favorable resell position yet. 

12 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Here its still peanuts.

Can you provide store links that ship international? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matthew Hartman said:

That is the whole theory of supply and demand. Supply can no longer meet demand in the case of the NX line of bodies. Expect this equation to increase, perhaps even triple-fold if demand increases due to the RAW output, especially if it's in the realm of 16bit. We are the fortunate ones to have "first access" to the possible findings before the ground swell hits the broader video community. If it turns out to be a positive outcome, you'd be wise to purchase another NX1 even at double the price of release/discontinue before those prices go through the roof, and they will.  

Those of us that have held on to our NX1s will be in the most favorable resell position yet. 

Can you provide store links that ship international? 

The least NX500 cost in Europe was 500euros (not $, euros), I know because I was searching for weeks to find the best deal for some friends. Finally we found a couple of the last ones on a German shop (one of the big ones, yellow black colors, do not remember right now). The biggest discount in NX happened in Australia, Switzerland and Turkey, but for various reasons the German store was a better option for a European customer (and Switzerland is very expensive to travel there from Southern Europe, just to grab a camera). In brick and mortar shops, people could find great deals until early 2017, but you had to be very lucky, being in the right place the right time, and ask persistently! The last camera Samsung officially imported in my country was the NX300, so, no such luck here.

A came across a couple of offerings in Sweden (used, in local press) for NX1 cameras, but there weren't that many, and even though I asked my friends in Sweden to ask about them, the whole procedure was too much for me to care more. Of course I have 2 NX1, 1 NX500 and a NX3000, so I wasn't desperate for another NX1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...