DJI Ronin S

Dave Maze

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, wolf33d said:

Handle is detachable huge plus for transport. Let’s see the price because the new Moza Aircross is 419$ and works perfect with any mirorless 

Knowing DJI it won’t be cheap for sure, I expect it to be at least 2x more expensive than that moza 

Osmo mobile 2 @ $129 is tempting though 

It is not out yet , we do not know a thing about its performance, definitely I am looking for something more convenient than a Crane V2, smaller than a Crave 2 and more reliable -with better support - than a Moza. Maybe this will do it. I am delaying a buy for a whole year now. 

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, wolf33d said:

4.1 pounds VS 2.4 for the Moza Air VS 2 lbs for the Aircross. Sorry DJI but that's a NO GO. 

I would think the Ronin-S competes with the Zhiyun Crane 2, not the smaller gimbals (Crane v2, Crane Plus, Moza Air, Moza Aircross, ...) for light cameras. Looking forward to seeing comparison videos between the two. I'm really interested in the possibility to mount a GH5 in a cage via a quick release (no go with the Crane v1).

Just ordered one of these puppies. I checked it out a NAB, and it didn't seem overly heavy to me, and it seem really well made. The guys over at the DJI booth were really friendly also and answered all my questions... even when I speculated on what new products they might have coming. Not that the Tilta seemed bad, the DJI just had more of a next generation feel to it.

1 hour ago, DBounce said:

Just ordered one of these puppies. I checked it out a NAB, and it didn't seem overly heavy to me, and it seem really well made. The guys over at the DJI booth were really friendly also and answered all my questions... even when I speculated on what new products they might have coming. Not that the Tilta seemed bad, the DJI just had more of a next generation feel to it.

If you test it with the 1dx ii please report back

7 minutes ago, gt3rs said:

If you test it with the 1dx ii please report back

I’ll be testing this with the Canon 1DXMK2 and the C200. I’ll probably also give it a go with the Panasonic GH5S. I do not see the dual handles listed the accessories section. I think that would be a welcomed addition.