Filipe Samora

No Joke - RAW 4K on the 5D Mark III

6 minutes ago, mercer said:

Obviously, I have to stop down to get the sun stars, so I guess I should Iight my actor as well and bring down the mids in post to create the silhouette. Thanks Squig, never had to do silhouettes like this. 

I DGAF about a bit of noise either, I usually add some. Noise on the Mk3 is quite organic up to 1600 ISO. I usually only get rid of the chroma noise in ACR. If I find I have to remove luma noise it's because I've underexposed. The only rule is: do some tests.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
39 minutes ago, squig said:

I DGAF about a bit of noise either, I usually add some. Noise on the Mk3 is quite organic up to 1600 ISO. I usually only get rid of the chroma noise in ACR. If I find I have to remove luma noise it's because I've underexposed. The only rule is: do some tests.

Yeah I am only having issues with chroma noise. 

Btw, do you like ACR better than Resolve? I use FCPX and only use Resolve as an intermediary to get to ProRes... but if I remember correctly, you can't export as ProRes in Adobe any longer, right?

3 hours ago, mercer said:

Yeah I am only having issues with chroma noise. 

Btw, do you like ACR better than Resolve? I use FCPX and only use Resolve as an intermediary to get to ProRes... but if I remember correctly, you can't export as ProRes in Adobe any longer, right?

Resolve is way faster than AE/ACR, but ACR produces a nicer image. AE CS6 is way faster than CC2017 (Adobe disabled multiprocessing in CC2015) and it exports to prores. I don't have the full version of Resolve so I can't say whether it's better or worse at removing chroma noise than ACR.

1 hour ago, SigurdW said:

Finally managed to get my head around processing crop_rec material, so did a small test at around 2.7K mastered in 3.4K Anamorphic

Setup:

5D3
Helios 44M
Bolex-Anamorphot 32/16/1.5x

Graded using @hyalinejim Kodak Ektar 100D TWISTED lut (Thanks!!).

Looks great. That little extra resolution is nice. Somebody wrote a while back that 5D3 ML Raw just makes them smile... and it's so true.

3 hours ago, jpfilmz said:

5DMK3 Raw 3k upscaled to 4k.  The first shots are filmed in a mirror's reflection so they are not as sharp.  I really hope the C200's raw is similar to this.

Those images look super nice.