Jump to content
Ak Ns

I need A7s3 !!

Recommended Posts

With 4k 60fps, Higher bitrate codec, Redisgned colors science, Bigger battery, Bigger grip, 6500 focussing system, 10bit 4:2:2, Full frame 120fps in Full HD[slow motion playback]

In less than 3500usd. Sony can you make it? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Mattias Burling said:

If they give you all that they will find another way to disappoint.

You're not a fan of Sony are you Mattias? Not putting you on the spot or picking a fight. I could be wrong. But I remember you were a fan of the BPCC, the NX1, Fuji, Red, Leica, that Canon camcorder that a lot of people hated, and some Panasonic. Off the top of my head I can't recall you being very fond of any Sony cameras. Maybe some of their phones.

37 minutes ago, Oliver Daniel said:

The A7S: HE (Hollywood Edition) has a groundbreaking new feature, in which you can map ISO sensitivity by touchscreen to different pixels in the image, so you no longer need any lighting whatsoever!

I like your thinking. That would be an awesome feature.

1 hour ago, Ak Ns said:

With 4k 60fps, Higher bitrate codec, Redisgned colors science, Bigger battery, Bigger grip, 6500 focussing system, 10bit 4:2:2, Full frame 120fps in Full HD[slow motion playback]

In less than 3500usd. Sony can you make it? 

 

Seems like there should be a A7iii before too long and then an A7riii followed by an A7siii. I wonder if they'll keep the A7 in the lineup, like they have with all those RX100 models. Seems like a weird strategy to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an actual photo of a Sony engineer testing the A7SIII E.F in beta mode.

Elephants-foot-cover.jpg

Here's a Sony engineer running away from the scene after testing the 4k60p. The battery was short lived and went brightly nuclear shortly after, that's why they call it Elephant's Foot.

Jokes apart (although Chernobyl is no joke), I love, love, love my RX10II but I rather complement it with a GH5 than a small battery, 30 mins limited, tilty screen and who knows what limitations more, one SD card a7siii. :tounge:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flynn said:

You're not a fan of Sony are you Mattias? Not putting you on the spot or picking a fight. I could be wrong. But I remember you were a fan of the BPCC, the NX1, Fuji, Red, Leica, that Canon camcorder that a lot of people hated, and some Panasonic. Off the top of my head I can't recall you being very fond of any Sony cameras. Maybe some of their phones.

Big Sony fan. Have made very positive Sony reviews.

Loved the A7, FS100, RX100, RX100ii, Nex-5.

Liked the A7ii, a6000, Z3.

Could live with the A7sii, if I could get one at half price. That banding does not justify $3K.

Super disappointed by the a6300 and RX100iv.

Biggest issue is that they sell broken stuff and say its supposed to be that way. Overhype their own specs. And the lovely colors of the fs100, f3, f35 has been replaced by puke.

All imo of course. I can still see the appeal. Totally respect people who likes them. No camera is perfect. Wouldn't mind owning a RX1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Oliver Daniel said:

The A7S: HE (Hollywood Edition) has a groundbreaking new feature, in which you can map ISO sensitivity by touchscreen to different pixels in the image, so you no longer need any lighting whatsoever!

 

I am sure producers will be happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still love the first A7s as it fits my needs better than any camera to date.

I prefer the size shape of the first over the second A7# cameras.

I would think the biggest change to an A7siii would be something like 18 or 20mp as well as 4k 60p.       Better AF with adapted lenses would be nice but Sony isn't likely to aim for that.

Batteries are not that much of an issue to me.    Easy enough and small enough to carry what you need and If you use them fresh, you can get a lot more out of them than if you leave them in the camera and shoot sparingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2017 at 1:21 PM, Mattias Burling said:

Big Sony fan. Have made very positive Sony reviews.

Loved the A7, FS100, RX100, RX100ii, Nex-5.

Liked the A7ii, a6000, Z3.

Could live with the A7sii, if I could get one at half price. That banding does not justify $3K.

Super disappointed by the a6300 and RX100iv.

Biggest issue is that they sell broken stuff and say its supposed to be that way. Overhype their own specs. And the lovely colors of the fs100, f3, f35 has been replaced by puke.

All imo of course. I can still see the appeal. Totally respect people who likes them. No camera is perfect. Wouldn't mind owning a RX1.

Hey Mattias,

I actually love watching your videos. I'm curious though, how come you loved the A7 but liked the A7ii? In your opinion, did or does it hold advantages over the a7ii/a7s/a7sii/a7rii? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2017 at 6:29 AM, Ak Ns said:

With 4k 60fps, Higher bitrate codec, Redisgned colors science, Bigger battery, Bigger grip, 6500 focussing system, 10bit 4:2:2, Full frame 120fps in Full HD[slow motion playback]

In less than 3500usd. Sony can you make it? 

 

No way, not going to happen! 
We'll probably get *ONE* of those specs you mentioned in the a7S mk3. 
If we're very lucky we'll get *TWO* of those specs.

If we're very very *very* lucky then we could get as many as *THREE* of what you mentioned. 

 

But to get *all* of that?? Sorry, you need to wait for the a7S mk10 to get that! haha


Remember Panasonic had 10bit (though external) with the GH4 years ago, and ***still*** no other camera manufacturer has caught up (for whatever reasons, political/costs/marketing/mismanagement/blindness/whatever) in offering this in one of their consumer stills cameras. When others are still behind the GH4, I wouldn't feel optimistic about them leaping ahead of the GH5 any time soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

 

But to get *all* of that?? Sorry, you need to wait for the a7S mk10 to get that! haha
 

Well it better hurry. I'm getting sick of my A7s7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...