#WeTrumpHate shot on Red MX - and why old cameras are good, and the defense of the ultra con

Ed_David

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Looks great David!

Promoting hate, however, causes suffering. Hating someone is like taking poison and expecting to hurt the other person. The only person hurt is the hater, mentally and physically: stress hormones damage healthy tissue, reduce immune function, etc.

Additionally, look at all the information about what is going on, from both sides, and from other countries around the world if you'd like to get a better understanding of what is really happening. Do you want to be a leader helping to heal yourself, your community, and the planet, or do you want to be a slave-pawn in someone else's selfish game?

We need to focus on loving ourselves, those around us, and everyone else around the planet, and holding those accountable who are promoting division and hate, replacing them with more enlightened leaders.

15 minutes ago, jcs said:

Looks great David!

Promoting hate, however, causes suffering. Hating someone is like taking poison and expecting to hurt the other person. The only person hurt is the hater, mentally and physically: stress hormones damage healthy tissue, reduce immune function, etc.

Additionally, look at all the information about what is going on, from both sides, and from other countries around the world if you'd like to get a better understanding of what is really happening. Do you want to be a leader helping to heal yourself, your community, and the planet, or do you want to be a slave-pawn in someone else's selfish game?

We need to focus on loving ourselves, those around us, and everyone else around the planet, and holding those accountable who are promoting division and hate, replacing them with more enlightened leaders.

I think you're confused. The hashtag isn't #wehatetrump it's #wetrumphate. Meaning, we are better than hate. Using the word "trump" as a verb as it's actually defined is using a play on words with Donald Trump. I think..

3 minutes ago, iamoui said:

I think you're confused. The hashtag isn't #wehatetrump it's #wetrumphate. Meaning, we are better than hate. Using the word "trump" as a verb as it's actually defined is using a play on words with Donald Trump. I think..

In this piece it means both ways. This is more clear when you study all the content from both sides. The unconscious mind doesn't do well with negatives. A better form is #wepromotelove and leave out the other party, which is unfortunately a negative implication in today's politics.

^ Hah. 

I like this piece Ed. I saw you were tagged in it and watched it. It has a nice look, perfect for the piece. 

Bought the F3 because I like the stuff you've done with yours. Old camera but the color is great, totally blown away for the price. People should experiment with different cameras and break the molds a bit. Shot with the Fuji XT-2. Can't believe how nice the baked in color/resolution is out of that thing. 

@Ed_David  You do fantastic, inspirational work.  Your ability evoke emotion and shape perception is beyond description - your passion comes through in your work and I completely respect that.

@iamoui Thanks for pointing out trump being used as a verb.  Clever.  Kind of like "Hillaried" from the Urban Dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hillaried

To fail spectacularly at something where success was all but assured. From the resounding defeat Hillary Clinton took in the Iowa caucus.

Dude 1: I thought I was going to ace that math exam but I totally hillaried it. 
Dude 2: That's your problem, you were so confident, you didn't study. So of course you were hillaried.

2 hours ago, jcs said:

Looks great David!

are you saying Ed's video was promoting hating Trump? that's ridiculous. the video only promotes love, and the hashtag reads to me more like "Trump hates, and we have risen above him". the high road rarely involves violence. and Trump definitely hates.

not that we should talk any more about politics ever.

beautiful work, Ed! I thought I'd heard that camera has 13 stops?

3 hours ago, jcs said:

In this piece it means both ways. This is more clear when you study all the content from both sides. The unconscious mind doesn't do well with negatives. A better form is #wepromotelove and leave out the other party, which is unfortunately a negative implication in today's politics.

Huh?

2 hours ago, majoraxis said:

@iamoui Thanks for pointing out trump being used as a verb.  Clever.  Kind of like "Hillaried" from the Urban Dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hillaried

To fail spectacularly at something where success was all but assured. From the resounding defeat Hillary Clinton took in the Iowa caucus.

Dude 1: I thought I was going to ace that math exam but I totally hillaried it. 
Dude 2: That's your problem, you were so confident, you didn't study. So of course you were hillaried.

Actually, it's not like "Hillaried" at all. The verb "Hillaried" is derived from Hilary Clinton, a proper noun. The verb "trump" has been used long before Donald Trump was even born.

Great piece.

The hashtag, I agree, is a bit awkward. Trump is capitalized in the hashtag. My first interpretation was Trump as a noun using  Yoda grammar (verb in the wrong place). The video doesn't ever use Trump as a verb. The refrain that is constantly repeated is "we believe". 

A good slogan is one that is clear and not open to misunderstanding. I can just imagine Trump followers calling his opponents haters because of the hashtag.

14 hours ago, jcs said:

The problem with this is that people have different definitions of "love." Some people show their "love" for their significant others by abusing them, physically or mentally. Some people show their "love" for God by blowing themselves, and others, up in order to live for eternity in paradise. It's like when John Lennon sang, "All you need is love." What a ridiculous and substance-less statement. It's woo woo.

What we need is proper education in how the world really works, how the universe works, how the laws of nature work, how our minds really work, how to think critically, and how to apply logic and reason.

Also, where are all of these "enlightened leaders" you speak of? We don't need leaders, we need to become the leaders. We can only achieve this by educating ourselves. With technology and the internet it's easier than ever to do so.