Jump to content
Timotheus

How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"

Recommended Posts

Ebrahim, if you are thinking of suicide, don't because that is silly and this is not that big a deal to anyone in this community.

But you and your family need to sit down and have a talk, because our support does not matter. What matters is that your elders need to find you some kind of legal representation to guide you through paying the money back and to also find you counseling, like, tomorrow.

Coming forward was the first step, but as an adult that is not enough. You need to follow through and make sure things do not get worse for you from a legal and mental perspective.

Other than that, I wouldn't beat yourself up, we have all been there. I apologise if I was was unsympathetic to you, but I have lived in Africa for most of my life and WAAAY too much personal information has been revealed in this thread, so you guys have to be careful now. Even the authorities are not really the authorities, and I know you know what I mean by that.

I hope you and your family recover from this horrible ordeal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Just now, Nikkor said:

You might be narcisitic, but I don't see you making up things and bombastic, exagerating yourself, you often even play yourself down. 

For example, when I asked you for help about writing, your ego would habe spit out the biggest bullshit about how complicated it is and how crazy good you are. Instead you said something very different.

And lets not speak about psycopaths which are similar.

http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/dsm-iv.html

 

Like DR tones, there are much different levels in-between...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

Yes they do.

I almost killed myself last year.  Honestly.  Well had strong suicidal thoughts.

And I'm pretty much the biggest narcisist I know.

Narcisists have incredibly fragile emotional states.

It's all for show.

People who really love themselves do not seek attention from others.

I.E. Donald Trump is the biggest weenie in the world and the world's biggest narcissist.

That night I walked out onto the Sydney Harbor Bridge I looked at the barbed wire fence and said: "how the fuck am I gonna get over that?" Then the cops chased me half way across the bridge and gave me a lift home. I was 28?; I'd just broken up with my girlfriend of 7 years. Met the love of my life a few months later; she's only tried to stab me once.

We're all fucked in the head; we wouldn't be any good at what we do if we weren't.

Always up for a chat Ed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, squig said:

That night I walked out onto the Sydney Harbor Bridge I looked at the barbed wire fence and said: "how the fuck am I gonna get over that?" Then the cops chased me half way across the bridge and gave me a lift home. I was 28?; I'd just broken up with my girlfriend of 7 years. Met the love of my life a few months later; she's only tried to stab me once.

We're all fucked in the head; we wouldn't be any good at what we do if we weren't.

Always up for a chat Ed.

oh man so good!!!

Yes all filmmakers need to be slightly insane.

Especially directors.

Glad to hear Squig you found peace.

For me, I also found peace.  I resolved a lot of BS that was stuck in my brain.

 

Thanks Nikkor - it's so important to give back.  I am only where I am from the knowledge I have learned from others. Filmmaking is an ecosystem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, he did this scam to help his sister, so she isn't punished, but now because a bunch of faceless people on an Internet forum have bullied him so much he admits to what he's done and tells everyone, on a public forum, that his "grandfather" frequents, that he did this scam to help his sister get an abortion. So in essence he just sent his sister to a public stoning... The same sister he was willing to scam for to protect...

Okay...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

You might be narcisitic, but I don't see you making up things and bombastic, exagerating yourself, you often even play yourself down. 

For example, when I asked you for help about writing/planning, your ego would have spit out the biggest bullshit about how complicated it is and how crazy good you are, giving a big lecture while enjoying yourself. Instead you said something very different.

And lets not speak about psycopaths which are similar.

http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/dsm-iv.html

 

The last mystery for me is why did ES have such great technical knowledge but have no idea how to play a chess game with his lies? And never protect his identity.

Maybe an idiot savant?  

Or maybe no one really bothered to look into what he was saying?

I personally didn't.

The illusional of an old Egyptian crusty great filmmaker/doctor was enough.

As they say in "Catch me if you can" - once you see the yankees pinstripes, you can hardly look past them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mercer said:

So, he did this scam to help his sister, so she isn't punished, but now because a bunch of faceless people on an Internet forum have bullied him so much he admits to what he's done and tells everyone, on a public forum, that his "grandfather" frequents, that he did this scam to help his sister get an abortion. So in essence he just sent his sister to a public stoning... The same sister he was willing to scam for to protect...

Okay...

if he wanted to protect his sister he would have confessed with ANY reason BUT his sister problem. Isn't that obvious? You are just scared him with that WU camera and now he's want to play more time. I do believe now that piece of family violence is going to see if there's actual cam. Maybe someone whos been scammed can ask WU corp for that footage from Egypt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ed_David I have a serious problem and I need your help. I have an ingrown toenail and the clinic has told me the only cure is a C100 mkii, if I do not receive either the C100 mkii or the equivalent money wired to me through Western Union the ingrown toenail will become infected and my dog will die... I mean my grandfather's dog's toe. Can you help me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

oh man so good!!!

Yes all filmmakers need to be slightly insane.

Especially directors.

Glad to hear Squig you found peace.

For me, I also found peace.  I resolved a lot of BS that was stuck in my brain.

Yep, especially directors.

I wouldn't call it peace; I have 2 daughters. It's more like a cold war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this thread turned into a Dostoyevsky novel or some Greek tragedy.

7 minutes ago, mercer said:

@Ed_David I have a serious problem and I need your help. I have an ingrown toenail and the clinic has told me the only cure is a C100 mkii, if I do not receive either the C100 mkii or the equivalent money wired to me through Western Union the ingrown toenail will become infected and my dog will die... I mean my grandfather's dog's toe. Can you help me?

Nope, I only function as a bumbling detective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ed_David said:

The last mystery for me is why did ES have such great technical knowledge but have no idea how to play a chess game with his lies? And never protect his identity.

Maybe an idiot savant?  

Or maybe no one really bothered to look into what he was saying?

I personally didn't.

The illusional of an old Egyptian crusty great filmmaker/doctor was enough.

As they say in "Catch me if you can" - once you see the yankees pinstripes, you can hardly look past them.

Well, I mean, his posts were in line with what we read on forums, and some things are rather bullshit. I haven't really bought into it since he started posting things that looked worse than the crappy stuff I've made myself (and don't share ;)) - the kids scene, the chess short, the blurry shots of his sister that were supposed to be from a C300,etc...-

His strategy was to give a lot of thanks, if you look at his record, he probably gave 10 thanks a day. This makes people happy and in return if they read something reasonable they will return thanks, and this is how it turned out. Add some peer pressure and thats it ;)

I for example am not a professional, as most of us here, I am an anal camera fondler pixel peeper, but I won't lead you anywhere just to inflate my ego, when I say something it's because I honestly think so after having looked into it. (yes, medium format is for real guys ;) ) And procastrinating on eoshd is more fun than facebook. (scusatio non petita, accusatio manifesta ;) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...