How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"

Timotheus

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
21 minutes ago, Lee Kelly said:

The thing with most alien abductions is the victims always seem to talk of anal probing? Call my an old romantic but if i was probed anally by an alien, id be keeping that shit to myself and crying in the shower like Ace.

Have reached my daily "Like" limit... Consider this it. 

Hey guys, I too got hit with this... and now I'm down $340 ($300 for the rangefinder and $40 for shipping). Ultimately it was my fault, everything screamed SCAM to me, but I put faith in Saawadi being the highest contributor to this forum and me being a newbie. 

Western Union and money to Egypt to a person I have never met was a huge red flag, but he was extremely charismatic in his writing and seemed generally able to help me. He also went through the process by taking pictures to make it seem legit. I was banking on getting the rangefinder to shoot my first shot anamorphic, and this would have helped with singular focus, but I guess I have to pull focus with both taking and anamorphic if I still want to make it work. 

For some reason, I assumed this forum would be relatively safe by the sheer nature of a group of people trying to attach weird lenses to dslr's and production cameras. But, all in all, there are shitty people everywhere and this should be a lesson (definitely was for me) to NEVER put trust in someone you have never met.

Fake Rangefinder.jpg

On July 14, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Ed_David said:

I think the op needs to now reach him again and point him to this thread. He has 7 days to reply before I go medieval on him.

And that wont be fun.

I told a few people that were messaging me on the FB page that you aren't going to see your money back... neither am I. It's gone and he's a dick who scammed us. It sucks, but there isn't much we can do about it. 

On July 15, 2016 at 1:55 AM, sanveer said:

8- For anyone who wishes to keep in contact with me, I'd happily do so through Ebrahimsaadawi@gmail.com as this is probably my last contribution here. 

Thank you and I am deeply sorry.

Also, for the others that got scammed, this is great and all, but I emailed him a week ago, no response and his profile picture on gmail, is jr. I haven't heard a thing from him, and I don't expect money back which sucks. 

53 minutes ago, JamesDrum said:

Also, for the others that got scammed, this is great and all, but I emailed him a week ago, no response and his profile picture on gmail, is jr. I haven't heard a thing from him, and I don't expect money back which sucks. 

Sorry to hear you got ripped off mate. That ES hasn't responded to emails for a week is more evidence to prove he did it, not like we need any more evidence at this point. If I was hacked the first I'd do (after breaking some furniture) is contact everyone who got scammed, and take down the ads! What I can't believe is: the mods haven't taken down his scam ad yet!!! Nor has he, but that's no surprise.

6 hours ago, Lee Kelly said:

The thing with most alien abductions is the victims always seem to talk of anal probing? Call my an old romantic but if i was probed anally by an alien, id be keeping that shit to myself and crying in the shower like Ace.

Maybe because they liked it?

6 hours ago, mercer said:

Have reached my daily "Like" limit... Consider this it. 

This thread is doing that! So many hilarious posts it is hard to resist giving a like to.

38 minutes ago, Michael Coffee said:

Mr "James Drum", I think you should share what you have here right now.. I think you are made up. Prove me wrong!

I've joined a couple of forums specifically to buy something in their marketplaces before, nothing unusual about that. Drugs are bad, mmm'kay.

Hmm

4 minutes ago, IshootbeforeItalk said:

James is real, he found me through facebook first.

IMG_5533.jpg

Are you real?

No video messages? Are you camera people or what?

7 minutes ago, IshootbeforeItalk said:

James is real, he found me through facebook first.

IMG_5533.jpg

Don't you shoot before you talk? :)

On 14 de julio de 2016 at 1:41 AM, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

3- To let you know: this isn't just Timotheus who's been scammed. I just looked into the inbox of this account on EOSHD and Facebook, and it's 6 people who have been scammed. Three were scammed for about 250-300$, and 3 were scammed for 650-700 USD for Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 Ai-S. And the buyers were given photographs of my actual personal items, not from somewhere else (which makes me baffled, he/she got into my gear closet and took these photographs SO incredibly rudely and fear-free. I can tell that by the little mark on the SLR on the front ring thread and from a unique accumulation of specks of dust on the Nikkor rubber zoom ring. 

Still no news from the guys who bought the 28-70 2.8 ai-s. I'm curious to see the picture of that lens as it doesn't exist.