Jump to content
Timotheus

How I got scammed through "Ebrahim Saadawi"

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
15 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

Still no news from the guys who bought the 28-70 2.8 ai-s. I'm curious to see the picture of that lens as it doesn't exist.

Lulz! I didn't even think of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Asmundma said:

Amazing story, any comment from Mr. Reid ? 

Hey guys

First of all, really sorry for what has happened here. I'm still catching up on things, as I am literally in the middle of nowhere shooting in Italy.

I am going to investigate at my end and be of any assistance the best I can.

RedUser, DVXUser, perhaps we can all get together and share evidence.

I'll return with a more detailed reply later.

Cheers - Andrew

1 hour ago, AaronChicago said:

This will be an open and shut case once Andrew can view the messages, log in times,  and IP address info.

I have access to Ebrahim's entire forum activity including PM inbox / sent items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Hello Andrew. Glad you're here. 

1- I am in contact with the buyers privately. I will send the Rangefinder now to Tomas and Tim to split it either way and they agreed to let it go. 

2- I will refund all of those scammed including the other 4 buyers (1 for the RF and 3 for a Nikkor 28-70mm). And including the second half of of Tim and Tomas' money.

3- I do not posses this kind of cash right now but my grandfather will refund them as soon as the police report is over. 

4- I am merely doing this to regain my reputation here and we are now paying money and sending an expensive item out of our pocket for no other reason than that someone scammed is, just for maintaining my reputation and my name here on EOSHD. 

This is all I can do right now and anything else is out of my hands so asking for it is just a waste of your time.  

Isn't that a perfect solution for everyone? 

Sorry for the sharp aggressive language, assume for a moment that I am someone who were scammed out of that amount of money, lost my reputation on this forum, had our 1D stolen, then sending an expensive lens, then being threatened by physical abuse and by ''ruining my reputation and career and exposing me to all my friends'', just imagine if I were truthful for a moment and you'll understand my sharp tone. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also please remember to stay safe when transferring money for any item, no matter how good the reputation of the seller, you can't be sure who is actually behind the keyboard. Ebrahim's account could have been hijacked. I am checking the IPs used and whether it shows a sudden and consistent shift to a different pattern.

This goes without saying but NEVER use Western Union or wire payments and ALWAYS use PayPal. Whenever it is a wire payment as was the case with 'Ebrahim' that should be a massive warning sign.

16 hours ago, mercer said:

I sense another mystery... Where in the world is @Zach Goodwin?

Another EOSHD moderator chose to ban Zach's account as his behaviour was becoming increasingly erratic and we had concerns he was making the forum less productive as a result. I have no hard feelings against the kid though. If he gets in touch I will consider allowing him back. However, he has not.

2 minutes ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

4- I am merely doing this to regain my reputation here and we are now paying money and sending an expensive item out of our pocket for no other reason than that someone scammed is, just for maintaining my reputation and my name here on EOSHD.

Hi Ebrahim as you can appreciate this situation is more serious than just the damage to your online reputation. If you do not disclose the truth to us about what happened I will have no choice but to report the situation to the police when I return to Germany in a few days.

The refunds must be sent immediately, even if you have to sell one of your many cameras. Thank you for your understanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi
4 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

 Ebrahim's account could have been hijacked. I am checking the IPs used and whether it shows a sudden and consistent shift to a different pattern.

Thank you SO much Andrew just for giving me the benefit of the doubt. What is IPs though? If it refers to the place where the accounts were opened, as I told earlier the scammer is actually here in our building and would show the same location. So I hope this is not a way to determine my innocence or not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The many many many Ebrahims and the one and only Andrew Reid...

 

This is kind of a cryptic attempt at a metaphor for digging yourself deeper and deeper...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi
8 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Hi Ebrahim as you can appreciate this situation is more serious than just the damage to your online reputation. If you do not disclose the truth to us about what happened I will have no choice but to report the situation to the police when I return to Germany in a few days.

Andrew, you can report it to the poilce (as I did) but unfortunately, it was a perfect scam. The legal situation is that these people sent Ebrahim Saadawi money through WU and he received it. Nothing more. We showed the messages and were told of course no case or legal action can be taken against Ebrahim Saadawi talking to people on an online forum promising people to send them an item and just didn't. It's his right. So we couldn't even file a case other than the 1DC theft unfortunately.

This legal situation teaches you and me an important matter. Receiving the item and paying for it must be done through the same agency, not to completely different ones. Because as you see the scammer just received the cash from WU (which is not way relevant to a selling/buying). So either the same agency or I hear Paypal is safe and can reclaim the money. 

    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

Andrew, you can report it to the poilce (as I did) but unfortunately, it was a perfect scam. The legal situation is that these people sent Ebrahim Saadawi money through WU and he received it. Nothing more. We showed the messages and were told of course no case or legal action can be taken against Ebrahim Saadawi talking to people on an online forum promising people to send them an item and just didn't. It's his right. So we couldn't even file a case other than the 1DC theft unfortunately.

This legal situation teaches you and me an important matter. Receiving the item and paying for it must be done through the same agency, not to completely different ones. Because as you see the scammer just received the cash from WU (which is not way relevant to a selling/buying). So either the same agency or I hear Paypal is safe and can reclaim the money. 

    

This kind of statement is proof why nobody believes you... You cannot even acknowledge that a crime took place. I think it would be a good time to show a copy of that police report. Andrew has always seemed like a fair man, so any evidence to prove your side of the case would probably be in your best interest right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On today's episode of Red Flag:

“my grandfather will refund them as soon as the police report is over. “

“I am merely doing this to regain my reputation here and we are now paying money and sending an expensive item out of our pocket for no other reason than that someone scammed is, just for maintaining my reputation and my name here on EOSHD. “

“This is all I can do right now and anything else is out of my hands so asking for it is just a waste of your time. “

“Isn't that a perfect solution for everyone? “

“What is IPs though? If it refers to the place where the accounts were opened, as I told earlier the scammer is actually here in our building and would show the same location. So I hope this is not a way to determine my innocence or not. “

“Andrew, you can report it to the poilce (as I did) but unfortunately, it was a perfect scam. The legal situation is that these people sent Ebrahim Saadawi money through WU and he received it. Nothing more. We showed the messages and were told of course no case or legal action can be taken against Ebrahim Saadawi talking to people on an online forum promising people to send them an item and just didn't. It's his right. So we couldn't even file a case other than the 1DC theft unfortunately.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

How am I calling it a scam if ''I am not acknowledging it as a scam''? 

it's a freaking scam that I am losing sleep and depression over!! 

Read my words carefully and try to comprehend what I mean by this not being a scam in legal eyes (and being a perfect scam). This fucking hurts me personally as I couldn't include the scam in the police report because it isn't legally considered a scam, it's a money transfer and a couple of foum messages. 

It's a scam. A freaking scam that's destroying my reputation and getting my reputation drown in the mud! 

-Btw do you want an Egyptian police report? that's handwritten in almost unreadable Arabic and signed off by two names? Because that's how it looks and why I find it doesn't do any good for me sending it. But if you can read Arabic or have an Egyptian friend who can confirm that this is how a report is written and translate it I can send it immediately. Would the police report clear my name?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry ebrahim, you are returning the money, and as you said there is no legal basis so andrew just will go to the police and do what he has to do, but there is no problem. No depression, everything is right, your dada makes three Magnetic resonances and it's paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:

How am I calling it a scam if ''I am aknowledging it as a scam''? 

it's a freaking scam that I am losing sleep and depression over!! 

Read my words carefully and try to comprehend what I mean by this not being a scam in legal eyes (and being a perfect scam). This fucking hurts me personally as I couldn't include the scam in the poilce report because it isn't legally considered a scam, it's a money transfer and a couple of foum messages. 

It's a scam. A freaking scam that's destroying my reputation and getting my reputation drown in the mud! 

-Btw do you want an egyptian police report? that's handwritten in almost unreadable Arabic and signed off by two names? Because that's how it looks and why I find it doesn't do any good for me sending it. But if you can read arabic or have an egyptian friend who can confirm that this is how a report is written and translate it I can send it immediately. Would the police report clear my name?! 

So, you don't understand that by sending messages agreeing to a deal and giving instructions on how to pay for that deal, then receiving the money for that deal but knowingly not upholding your end of the deal is fraud and theft... Both considered crimes by every society in the civilized world since tribes were trading in cashews? You don't understand that? Seriously?! Close your eyes and put your grandfather on. Now open them so we can speak to your logical side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ebrahim Saadawi said:


-Btw do you want an Egyptian police report? that's handwritten in almost unreadable Arabic and signed off by two names? Because that's how it looks and why I find it doesn't do any good for me sending it. But if you can read Arabic or have an Egyptian friend who can confirm that this is how a report is written and translate it I can send it immediately. Would the police report clear my name?! 

Yes, we want that report. Canon 1DC, S/N xxxxxxxxxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mercer said:

I have read somewhere that habitual liars, truly believe if they stick to their story long enough, people will eventually believe them. 

Sad, but true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...