Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 minutes ago, Marco Tecno said:

I still haven't tried the latest rev. Of the hack. Does it have problems with nx1, due to double ev press?

Sort of, I do not like it causes issues with EV stays open and freezes everything and you gotta press two times to close the EV and the menu, it makes more sense to connect it to AEL which is never used by me and probably no one else or even the Fn, I am going to try remapping them when I get home.

3 hours ago, sandro said:

How much is the focal length multiplier with DIS on?

I wish the higher bitrate would also allow a better low light performance. At least a ISO3200 without those horrible lines.

DIS only does ~1.25 additional crop. Not to heavy.

8 hours ago, sandro said:

How much is the focal length multiplier with DIS on?

I wish the higher bitrate would also allow a better low light performance. At least a ISO3200 without those horrible lines.

5 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

DIS only does ~1.25 additional crop. Not to heavy.

In my testing I've found it to be around 1.15 additional crop. Maybe its adaptive to how much shake is going on? I did the test on a tripod and compared. 24mm with dis was equivalent to about 27.5 mm non dis. My test is not 100% accurate or scientific either.

When it comes to hacking maybe there is something in the code that defines the crop amount of DIS? I wonder if its just a digital crop or it its actually cropping in on the sensor. If it's sensor crop then maybe we can modify this to get a pseudo crop for extra telephoto and less rolling shutter  :glasses:

6 hours ago, SMGJohn said:

Sort of, I do not like it causes issues with EV stays open and freezes everything and you gotta press two times to close the EV and the menu, it makes more sense to connect it to AEL which is never used by me and probably no one else or even the Fn, I am going to try remapping them when I get home.

the latest vs by kinoseed solves everything!

Ok, here are my findings from dodays shoot.

It slows down the camera. A lot. Like a lot lot! But most of us already know that right?
a) When the SD is clean + you have a lot of light + temperature is ok (around 22 degrees *C on the sun), it works beautifully for me at 190mbps with pretty budget card.
b) When the SD is filling up (30% and more filled up) + you are loosing good light (golden hour is dimminishing and you are pushing Iso from 100 to 200, 400,800,1250,2000..) + temperature drops (7-8 *C), it stops frequently. What worked with conditions a) is not working with b) anymore. The camera is getting slower (my opinion, nothing scientific), the card is stopping- this one is for sure and I had to drop it down from 190 to 165.. I wonder what is causing it?

Also:
Loading of script is slow. Really slow. When you run and gun, everything needs to be smooth, fast. And its not. There was a moment when the camera frozed, so I took out the battery, placed it in and got like purple error screen (Looked like when you drop your phone on the ground and the screen breaks, looked really bad). So I rebooted again and the script. Just takes a long time and when you are shooting in high cadency motion situations, those moments to load the script just feels like forever. And you are loosing a lot of time. Didnt had the time to check the files, not sure if recording before the script is loaded causes to record with previously modified bitrate or just standard Pro 80mbps.

Other then that: cadency is fixed,CTUs are better, more einformation is there.
The question is
- what caused the card to be so unstable in my todays recordings?
- Is there a way to make the script not slow down the camera so much?

29 minutes ago, Pavel D Prichystal said:

It slows down the camera. A lot. Like a lot lot! But most of us already know that right?
a) When the SD is clean + you have a lot of light + temperature is ok (around 22 degrees *C on the sun), it works beautifully for me at 190mbps with pretty budget card.
b) When the SD is filling up (30% and more filled up) + you are loosing good light (golden hour is dimminishing and you are pushing Iso from 100 to 200, 400,800,1250,2000..) + temperature drops (7-8 *C), it stops frequently. What worked with conditions a) is not working with b) anymore. The camera is getting slower (my opinion, nothing scientific), the card is stopping- this one is for sure and I had to drop it down from 190 to 165.. I wonder what is causing it?

Also:
Loading of script is slow. Really slow. When you run and gun, everything needs to be smooth, fast. And its not. There was a moment when the camera frozed, so I took out the battery, placed it in and got like purple error screen (Looked like when you drop your phone on the ground and the screen breaks, looked really bad). So I rebooted again and the script. Just takes a long time and when you are shooting in high cadency motion situations, those moments to load the script just feels like forever. And you are loosing a lot of time. Didnt had the time to check the files, not sure if recording before the script is loaded causes to record with previously modified bitrate or just standard Pro 80mbps.

The question is

Yeah I also had a lot of issues with the latest mod today, messed around with it at my house and it worked great, but later this afternoon out shooting portraits for a client it was freezing like crazy while taking stills, the autofocus points would stay on the screen but the shutter wouldn't fire, I had to pull out the battery like 3 times before finally just uninstalling the hack.

32 minutes ago, Pavel D Prichystal said:

Also:

The question is

damn dude ! I just use the nx-bitrate-v3 one with double the bitrates. 160mbps with my sandisk extreme 64gb card works fine. 190-200 mbps is cool but by the time you hit 140-160 that's more than reasonable imo. I do a lot of run and gun as well and I noticed the freezing. I can't afford that on a paid gig. The client will certainly have my head on their wall if I missed valuable footage cause my cam kept locking up

1 hour ago, shanebrutal said:

When it comes to hacking maybe there is something in the code that defines the crop amount of DIS? I wonder if its just a digital crop or it its actually cropping in on the sensor. If it's sensor crop then maybe we can modify this to get a pseudo crop for extra telephoto and less rolling shutter  :glasses:

Yes please! This would be huge for me and my uses. a sort of loss less digital zoom/crop. :grin:  Range from 1.5x(std APS-C) to  about 2.4x.

I think we are just dreaming though.

8 hours ago, Pavel D Prichystal said:

Also:

The question is

This is the first version. It is faster than BT versions http://***URL removed***/forums/post/57559389

Currently I am testing Kino Seeds mod, but I don't know yet if it is faster than Vasile's  first version (just the bitrate hack)

Here Kino Seed explains little about the card speed and setting the bitrate http://***URL removed***/forums/post/57688493