Jump to content

Petition for Samsung NX1 hack


Recommended Posts

On 6/12/2020 at 5:41 PM, keessie65 said:

Thank you! I now switched from NX1 to X-T3 to X-T4. 

Ah! that is the case when you leave your trustworthy NX1, you change a camera every year!

I went the middle way, bought a P4K, and still using the good ol'NX cameras!

Have you sold all your NX equipement, then? 

What do you think in general NX1 vs X-T3 and now the X-T4?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Minor update, still doing what Im doing, still digging and documenting what changes Im finding in the firmware, have started to explore with telnet and the camera. Its looking good. Have a few ideas o

Hallo NX World, the NX Booster it's coming soon! This is the Prototype Mark II.  Marco do not worry, if I do not post my progress, is because I have a lot of work in my private life. Next week I

Here is a quick video showing the NX1 and NX500 SD Card Hack for Focus Buttons. This program allows you to record up to 6 focal points, these are stored on the SD card and will work after a camer

Posted Images

On 6/15/2020 at 4:24 AM, Kisaha said:

Ah! that is the case when you leave your trustworthy NX1, you change a camera every year!

I went the middle way, bought a P4K, and still using the good ol'NX cameras!

Have you sold all your NX equipement, then? 

What do you think in general NX1 vs X-T3 and now the X-T4?

I have sold all my NX1 gear. I love new things, but to be honest; NX1 has a way better grip and I liked that camera a lot. I hacked my NX1 and that improved quality, but the dynamic range had also his limitations, especially on skintones at sunny days (whitening out). I use my camera mostly for filming with vintage and anamorphic lenses. Sometimes I use the camera professional photos for a magazine. X-T4 has a bigger battery and IBIS. Also the smart switch between photo and film is a big plus. I think when X-H2 comes out, I switch again, but then I will keep my X-T4 for photographing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 7:21 PM, keessie65 said:

I have sold all my NX1 gear. I love new things, but to be honest; NX1 has a way better grip and I liked that camera a lot. I hacked my NX1 and that improved quality, but the dynamic range had also his limitations, especially on skintones at sunny days (whitening out). I use my camera mostly for filming with vintage and anamorphic lenses. Sometimes I use the camera professional photos for a magazine. X-T4 has a bigger battery and IBIS. Also the smart switch between photo and film is a big plus. I think when X-H2 comes out, I switch again, but then I will keep my X-T4 for photographing. 

How is the Fujifilm colour science compared to NX1? I am struggling to find anything remotely comparable to the in-camera NX1 colours just the one single reason I never got a camcorder for video.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Andrew Reid unfeatured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 7:53 AM, SMGJohn said:

How is the Fujifilm colour science compared to NX1? I am struggling to find anything remotely comparable to the in-camera NX1 colours just the one single reason I never got a camcorder for video.

I am wondering that too... I would also see, which one are the suggested settings to have the best dynamic range?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 10:49 PM, sev7en said:

I am wondering that too... I would also see, which one are the suggested settings to have the best dynamic range?

Master Black Levels at -15

0-255

GammaDR with 0.95 greens, sharpness at -10 and contrast at -10


And with the hack you want the video files at 130+ bitrate just to avoid the banding issues you might run into otherwise.
You can always tweak the master black levels and contrast to something like -10 and -5 respectably.

This is at least the flattest profile I ever gotten out of it when it was 80 bitrate I had banding issues in the sky, but increasing to 135 bitrate solved a lot of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SMGJohn said:

Master Black Levels at -15

0-255

GammaDR with 0.95 greens, sharpness at -10 and contrast at -10


And with the hack you want the video files at 130+ bitrate just to avoid the banding issues you might run into otherwise.
You can always tweak the master black levels and contrast to something like -10 and -5 respectably.

This is at least the flattest profile I ever gotten out of it when it was 80 bitrate I had banding issues in the sky, but increasing to 135 bitrate solved a lot of it.

Thank you! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...