Petition for Samsung NX1 hack

kidzrevil

• 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 7 months later...
On 7/27/2018 at 3:50 PM, Allen Smith said:

Hope somebody will come back to bring this camera to the next level. Maybe we can entice someone with some crowd funding.... count me in if we have a person or group willing to do so.

That would be nice but there is not really any point now.

There is no new gear to the system and used stuff is quite hard to come by.

I would not suggest increasing support for a dead system.

17 hours ago, MountneerMan said:

That would be nice but there is not really any point now.

There is no new gear to the system and used stuff is quite hard to come by.

I would not suggest increasing support for a dead system.

I think it would be beneficial as long as someone is modifying camera and adding new features. The technology we have today like 3d printing could add new tools for the camera.

7 hours ago, Allen Smith said:

I think it would be beneficial as long as someone is modifying camera and adding new features. The technology we have today like 3d printing could add new tools for the camera.

3D printing is not a new technology and if anything was more prevalent 2-3 years ago than it is now.

This also does not change my comment "I would not suggest increasing support for a dead system." Anyone out there who is looking at putting in any serious amount of effort into modifying/upgrading/hacking a camera system I would suggest spending that effort on a camera system that is not dead.

14 hours ago, MountneerMan said:

3D printing is not a new technology and if anything was more prevalent 2-3 years ago than it is now.

This also does not change my comment "I would not suggest increasing support for a dead system." Anyone out there who is looking at putting in any serious amount of effort into modifying/upgrading/hacking a camera system I would suggest spending that effort on a camera system that is not dead.

I was just stating my opinion it's ok if we differ on the issue. I have the camera so for me I think it still has more potential then is being utilize. Some people still use dead camera systems that are vintage even though no support exist for it. Until I see something worth upgrading I will stick with the NX1. I'm actually waiting on the Nikon release and crossing my fingers they will do something better than the A7iii but not getting my hopes up to high.

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I found this forum looking for some way to synchronize a set of 4 samsung nx500 to take panopictures.

I am totally incompetent in electronics.

I found a samsung NX500 mod here: https://github.com/ottokiksmaler/nx500_nx1_modding

which enables the camera to use fully electronic shutter.

I was wondering if someone has ever tried to synchronise these cameras to shoot simultaneously (1ms accuracy) with some sorts of cable and/or firmware/software mod, something like SDM does for Canon cameras  which unfortunately do not have electronic shutter.

Such a mod would be useful not only for 360 degree pictures but also for stereophotography.

Any help and hints would be much useful.

Thank you.

Regards,

Giuseppe

9 hours ago, Giuseppe Porciani said:

Hi,

I found this forum looking for some way to synchronize a set of 4 samsung nx500 to take panopictures.

I am totally incompetent in electronics.

I found a samsung NX500 mod here: https://github.com/ottokiksmaler/nx500_nx1_modding

which enables the camera to use fully electronic shutter.

I was wondering if someone has ever tried to synchronise these cameras to shoot simultaneously (1ms accuracy) with some sorts of cable and/or firmware/software mod, something like SDM does for Canon cameras  which unfortunately do not have electronic shutter.

Such a mod would be useful not only for 360 degree pictures but also for stereophotography.

Any help and hints would be much useful.

Thank you.

Regards,

Giuseppe

I don't know for sure, but I would think you could get a remote shutter compatible with the nx500 and then use 3 of these, and plugging into the 4 cameras. 

• 1 month later...

@heart0less I never use 3200 on this camera, 1600 is the maximum, and still I am trying to use less than that.

If anyone wants to buy a new one with an old price,

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Wireless-Mirrorless-Digital-Camera/dp/B00NFDZRRA/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=samsung+nx1&qid=1560363349&s=gateway&sr=8-1

I am not sure what the deal is here, but it is an official Samsung listing. There is 1 NX30 listing left also!

14 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

@heart0less I never use 3200 on this camera, 1600 is the maximum, and still I am trying to use less than that

Yup, I know I shouldn't have gone this high, but there was nothing I could've done to improve the lighting conditions. 

It was either that, or not getting the shots. 

Tell you what, I even boosted the RGB values only to get more gain.. 

But hey, both the band and I are happy with the results, so there was no harm done. 

( :

• 11 months later...