Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sean Cunningham

"Happy" (24hr music video)

7 posts in this topic

Shot on Alexa with 50mm Panavision C-Series @ stops between 1.4-2.8 with almost no second takes, so some of this is focus-pulling from the gods.

yannis.zach likes this

EOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The dedicated website wasn't functional when I was trying it out but as near as I can figure it lets you, possibly from a clock interface or with some sort of reference, let you see longer segments that were eventually edited into this, described here.

I'm not really a fan of this music but I like how simple the concept was and what went into its execution.  Plus, what's not to like looking at footage from what's, for a lot of folks, the gold standard for anamorphics (regardless of soft edges and aberrations).

Likewise, I'm not a big fan if the music but what beautiful lens.

It's like all you need anymore is a hook or chorus and don't even have to sweat the rest of a song...it's the same thing for four minutes.  Oh well.  The visuals are compelling enough that the "song" didn't annoy me too much until I thought about what was actually there, and wasn't there.

On Youtube versions isolating individual hours have started showing up.  Pretty amazing undertaking.  It's the same song looped to fill each hour but well worth checking out.  Some really nice moments and a lot of photographically interesting locations.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Anamorphic Samsung nx1 goes romantic...
      By christrad
      Samsung nx1
      Anamorphic Lens : Kowa for Bell & Howell
      Talking lenses : Konica-Hexanon 40mm f/1.8 & Helios 44-M 58mm f/2
    • Kowa C35 1.5x Anamorphic lens
      By Ian Edward Weir
      Kowa C35 1.5x Anamorphic lens that is very rare. The lens is in great condition.  $1,100
      The glass has no scratches, just a few very small marks in single coating. Nothing that ever shows up in images. There is no mold, haze or fungus and very little to no internal dust. The body has signs of age but still looks great. The focus is smooth.
      This is a very rare anamorphic lens that produces amazing images. The stretch factor is 1.5x which comes out to a 2.66:1 ratio. 
      The lens comes with a custom front 77mm filter holder. It comes with a B+W 77mm UV filter. The rear connecting mount is a custom Rapido adapter that lets you connect the anamorphic lens to your taking lens. You can quickly change the orientation of the lens. I have another and it's still hard to let this one go. This lens is sharper then the Kowa Bell & Howell and is single coated for very nice purple flares. 
      The back is a 58mm thread but it can be changed using a different step up or step down ring.
      The lens comes with a 77mm front cap and a 58mm metal back cap.
      The lens is a duel focus but I have used it with a Core DNA and it looks great.
      I added a still from a frame of footage I shot with lens.
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kowa-C35-1-5x-Anamorphic-lens-Rare-with-UV-filter-and-front-and-back-mounts-/282170312127?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255

• Anamorphic Samsung nx1 & Konica 40mm
      By christrad
      Ultimate test of the Konica-Hexanon 40mm f/1.8 with Kowa B/H on the Samsung nx1. I'm pretty happy with it and think it's gonna be my main lens with this combo...

• WTB: Iscorama 36 single coated (larger rear element), Iscorama 42 & iscorama 54
      By Gripordie
      Hi there,

looking to buy an Isco 36 single coated (the one with the larger rear element, an Iscorama 42 & an iscorama 54.

if you have any of these for sale or know of anyone who's selling, please let me know:)

thanks!
    • Hypergonar HIFI 2 + Redstan rear & front clamps (FR)
      By Clément Gabriel Jolivet
      Hi, i'm selling a Hypergonar HIFI 2 kit with Redstan front & back clamps. The lens is in very good condition, the clamps are as new.
      It's in Paris but I can ship worldwide in a carefully protected package. If you're in Paris or happen to stop by, we can meet !
      Rear is 72mm, front is 95mm.
      400 euros without shipping costs. I sell it to fund other lenses...
      PM if you're interested...!