The 4K Fuji X-T2 is here

Mattias Burling

20 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

Unless it switches to a slower mode when pressing record.

Who knows, the videos aren't telling for now.

Good point.  Im sure that will be perceptible to someone shooting video through the viewfinder so it should be fairly simple to test.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 minutes ago, TSV said:

Seriously? 10 Minutes of video recording in 4K? 15 in HD? WATH FUCK??

動画記録は最大3,840×2,160/29.97P。4K記録は連続最大約10分まで、フルHDは同約15分まで、HDは同約29分まで。

It basically makes the battery grip essential for video shooting, so we should just perceive it as one item and add to the price accordingly.

Am I the only one who finds the motion in several of those videos to look really strange? Especially in the Beautiful Riot and Akiyama-go - videos.

Most of the motion is overtly fluid, like it's shot in 60i or very low shutter speeds. Or forced in post from PAL to NTSC. Very unpleasant look imho.

7 minutes ago, MattH said:

It basically makes the battery grip essential for video shooting, so we should just perceive it as one item and add to the price accordingly.

In the Japanese press they are not mentioning that the battery grip is extending the recording time. It seems to be a Limit imposed on the Camera due to heat problem. Where did you see that adding the battery grip will extend the recodring time?

5 minutes ago, Viet Bach Bui said:

When the Sony overheats at 10min it's total crap. When Fuji does it it's brilliant because it can be increased to 30min with a grip, nevermind the fact that one can be used on the A6300 for the same effect :)

Again, where are you seeing the battery grip is extending the recoding time? Can't find this on the Japanese press.

---- UPDATE ----

Ok, got my answer from Fujifilm Press page

また、4K動画の記録時間を約30分に延長するなど、「X-T2」の性能を最大限に引き出すアクセサリーです。

It indeed extend the recording time to 30". I will wait what Panasonic will announce, can shoot almost 2h on the GX7MKII and did 1h on my GH4.

Yes, this is a beautiful camera indeed. A friend of mine has the T1. I like everything about Fuji, except that their lenses are big and expensive... Will wait for the GH5 because of the whole ecosystem. For studio work this is no problem, but I do not go back to bulky systems when outdoors.

The Camera will cost (in Japan) 160,000 Yen (Body), then if you want to shoot 30" you will need to add 43,000 Yen for the Battery grip and 1 Batteries at 9,000 Yen??? (I presume that you can use the one given with the camera and only need to by a spare one)

It quickly start to be expensive. The price was attractive, after all it is price in Japan at the same price that was the GH4 when launched... But adding the cost of the Battery grip and another battery... Not sure now.

• Super Members
12 minutes ago, TSV said:

The Camera will cost (in Japan) 160,000 Yen (Body), then if you want to shoot 30" you will need to add 43,000 Yen for the Battery grip and 1 Batteries at 9,000 Yen??? (I presume that you can use the one given with the camera and only need to by a spare one)

It quickly start to be expensive. The price was attractive, after all it is price in Japan at the same price that was the GH4 when launched... But adding the cost of the Battery grip and another battery... Not sure now.

Here its just a couple of $100 more than a a6300. Good price imo.

13 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Here its just a couple of $100 more than a a6300. Good price imo.

Not complaining about the price of the Body itself, I also believe that the price is VERY competitive. Has I said it is launched at the same price the GH4 was launched 2 years ago. What I do not like is the cost of the accessories... 43K Yen for the grip and 9K yen for their new "heat proof" battery is quite a lot.

2 hours ago, Miguel De Olaso Macgregor said:

There's a crop factor in 4K... not good.

It seems like Flog does not work internally? :(

vlcsnap-2016-07-07-01h40m00s212.png

I hope these shots are not straight from the camera, as this girll is bathing in macro blocks

2 minutes ago, Geoff CB said:

go to :41 to see rolling shutter. Seems pretty significant.

LOVE the colors I am seeing out of this camera though. I have a D750 I'm about to sell and was going to pick up a second sony. Buuut I might get this instead.

The colors are great, it is just a shame that F-log is only through hdmi. Don't know how much is possible to tweak the in camera profiles, judging by these videos image looks a little bit too contrasty to me.

PS: I am also in the D750 club and I'm keeping mine even if later I buy something else :glasses:

• Super Members
7 minutes ago, sudopera said:

The colors are great, it is just a shame that F-log is only through hdmi. Don't know how much is possible to tweak the in camera profiles, judging by these videos image looks a little bit too contrasty to me.

PS: I am also in the D750 club and I'm keeping mine even if later I buy something else :glasses:

There are a couple of Xpro2 clips in the downloads thread. Try it, lots of shadow info.

1 hour ago, Viet Bach Bui said:

When the A6300 overheats at 10min it's total crap. When Fuji does it it's brilliant because it can be increased to 30min with a grip, nevermind the fact that one can be used on the A6300 for the same effect :)

I think it makes a difference, if a manufacturer tells you, that the camera is good for 30min recording, and then (after 10, sometimes even less) minutes it overheats or if one tells you: "10 minutes, that's it" and you really get those 10 minutes everytime

From what I have heard, Fuji did a lot to get the heat down. Those new batteries are one of the things. (A bigger heatpipe is another). What I have heard too: they are not opposed to add more video funcionality with firmware updates, if people really use the camera for video.

4K is not full sensor, it's a mild crop (something like 5K). That way they could get 24, 25 and 30p at the same crop and not have another crop for 30p. Furthermore it reduces rolling shutter (should be below 30ms, which still is a lot, but better than A6300 and some others) 

Nice camera. Though the only thong weird for me is moving from one system to another. I like Panasonic best. Better than Nikon and Canon. The Olympus systems look quite confusing too.

I feel the VLog in thr GH4 still has a long way to go.

Also, if Fuji the video really right in this one, and theGH5 doesn't have far better VLog (than now) and atleast 1.5 stops improvement in Low Light (from ISO1600 to about ISO5000), then a lot of other people might eat into its share. Also the burst rate on the GH5 needs to be better for continuous shooting. Maybe Panasonic pushes the GH5 prices to $2000+, considering the demands of users. 

Omg this is gonna be great. I dont mind the inevitable rolling shutter. I dont shoot with telephoto lenses nor do I whip pan so idc. High quality jpgs & film simulation straight to the card ? Sold.

lets not forget the speedbooster for the full frame look and extra stop of light.