A6700 - FX30 sensor 👀

SRV1981

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 hours ago, Eric Calabros said:

Even clouds are not in the same place.

It’s pretty obvious from that side to side that the first pic was taken in sunshine and with the second, a cloud had passed over so if this is the only evidence for any color difference, the clown show is in town.

But I haven’t watched the videos and I’d expect some with them having different sensors and one being FF and the other APSC.

Same or different lens?

23 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

I know, you are a time traveler for sure, I meant you had been travelling to the past, buying a G7 for 999 USD. 🙂

If you want to visit the past, I'll buy a G7 and re-sell it to you for USD$999!! 🙂 

You, Ironfilm and me, three time travellers stuck in the timeless Lumix G7 thread by Andy Lee, reading his comparison with an Arri Alexa, then buying all G7 cameras we can get for our money, reading it again and buying even more G7 cameras and reading again... Time management and travelling, and cyclic GAS impulses, what a weird world of photo-video-sound nerds we are living in 🙂 @kye

22 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

You, Ironfilm and me, three time travellers stuck in the timeless Lumix G7 thread by Andy Lee, reading his comparison with an Arri Alexa, then buying all G7 cameras we can get for our money, reading it again and buying even more G7 cameras and reading again... Time management and travelling, and cyclic GAS impulses, what a weird world of photo-video-sound nerds we are living in 🙂 @kye

With creative ideas like this so abundant, it completely fails me why the studios only want to make endless movies about a guy with a flying mammal fetish and the tin man from The Wizard of Oz..... 🙂 

If only Andy Lee, @webrunner5and our other old friends would resonate with us about that legendary Andy Lee G7 thread. Btw, getting a serious hang with the LX15 colour now. It's up there with the GX85 for me now. Maybe not in latitude and dynamic range but in receptional regard. The lens is a true gem. Love its characteristics. Trick and key element is to take the digital edge out of the footage with some digital diffusion. Davinci is really getting the best out of these cameras. Would love a LX20 with HLG and the astonshing 10bit h264 interframe codec from the Lumix G9, GH5/6 and S series cameras. Best would be with hard stops for MF like the Oly 12mm F2 or 18mm F1.8. So for me a LX20 instead of a A6700. 😅

Funnily enough, I have been thinking about picking up one of these sub 500 euro beauties because I do have a requirement every now and again for another static angle and a bigger camera and tripod is a bit overkill.

Might just push the button on one…

4 hours ago, MrSMW said:

Funnily enough, I have been thinking about picking up one of these sub 500 euro beauties because I do have a requirement every now and again for another static angle and a bigger camera and tripod is a bit overkill.

Might just push the button on one…

Which one(s) do you have your eye on?

On 7/19/2023 at 9:05 PM, kye said:

If you want to visit the past, I'll buy a G7 and re-sell it to you for USD$999!! 🙂 

Nice profit generating process there! 

Seems that Panasonic G7 sells for sub $300 these days on ebay

On the topic of Panasonics, was working on a film this weekend being shot on a Panasonic S1H

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kye said:

In "88-90 degrees"....  hahahahaha....  that's not even that hot!

I mean it's pretty hot, haha, but not hot enough that it should cause a camera to overheat in under 20 minutes! When I am filming events it can get even warmer (mid 90s and up) in venues May through September and I work in Vermont!

But companies will keep releasing cameras like this until people stop buying them and making excuses for why it's acceptable. 

22 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

I mean it's pretty hot, haha, but not hot enough that it should cause a camera to overheat in under 20 minutes! When I am filming events it can get even warmer (mid 90s and up) in venues May through September and I work in Vermont!

But companies will keep releasing cameras like this until people stop buying them and making excuses for why it's acceptable. 

Starting to agree this is absurd.  They are in a bind to keep up With spec races versus waiting til engineers develop better thermal dissipation for high powered tech.  

I was really ready to buy this setup. It’s got everything I need on paper.  Would the Fuji attachable fan work with this? 

otherwise I’d consider a used a6600 for photo portraits and sports and an fx30 for video documentary work.