Another shock horror... more innovation! Insta360 Go 3 is a way better vlogging camera than most "vlogging" cameras.

kye

While we're on the subject of innovation in camera design and vlogging in particular....

The new DJI Action 3 looks pretty innovative, and despite being an "Action" camera is better for vlogging than most vlog cameras:

For vlogging, it has:

• a very wide lens (they claim it's equivalent to a 11.24mm lens on FF!!!)
  • square sensor that can record horizontally, vertically, or the whole sensor and let you stabilise/crop in post
  • crazy-good stabilisation, including things like horizon lock
  • GoPro-sized charging case with pop-up selfie screen that doubles as a remote monitor
  • magnetic / sticky attachments and lots of mounting options
  • H264 @ 80Mbps up to 2.7K
  • Is tiny and weighs practically nothing: camera is 35.5g / 1.25oz and action camera case thingy is 96g / 3.4oz

Crucially, it no longer has restricted recording times - previous models had restricted recording times that were progressively shorter when you applied heavier stabilisation (I think it was a thermal limit).

4f9d1c7a7b53e036a7f75c550ee889d6.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

insta360-go-3-action-camera-3-optimized.

Diving-01.jpg

Product Showcase / AD:

Footage comparison to Go 2 and GoPro 11:

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

It has a great feature set for the purpose but, for  me, more so as a holiday camera.

The magnetic mounting pendant is very good for staying in the moment of what you are doing on holiday whilst still filming. The pre-record function is particularly good for using it in that way as you won’t actually have to worry about missing anything.

Let’s face it, trying to do holiday videos with a “real” camera is a pain in the arse for EVERYONE  concerned and is actually a contradiction in terms as it’s no holiday when you are titting about with lenses and ND filters and offloading footage.

Let alone carrying it all and making sure it’s safe.

It always ends up with the bulk of the footage coming from the first day and tailing off to nothing after a few days as it’s too much hassle to keep up.

The AI editing is good too not just for taking out the tedium of doing editing but likely for taking out the tedium of the actual end result for whoever has to watch your holiday videos.

No full size HDMI port means it will be a hard pass for a lot of people on here of course.

4 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Let’s face it, trying to do holiday videos with a “real” camera is a pain in the arse for EVERYONE  concerned and is actually a contradiction in terms as it’s no holiday when you are titting about with lenses and ND filters and offloading footage.

Which is why I only ever use my phone these days. 

With a glass of gin in one hand, it’s not easy to rotate that VND.

56 minutes ago, MrSMW said:

Which is why I only ever use my phone these days. 

Took 2 Sony RX0ii away last week. All the holiday memories are stored on the iPhone. Well, all but the memory of wondering why I bothered to pretend I’d use the RX0…