Jump to content

New Blackmagic Announcement Soon?


ntblowz
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, newfoundmass said:

How is a C200 or C300 a better tool for stock footage and interviews? 

for stock I agree, is a great camera, who else need it?, for interviews I will choose a C200 or C300 every day of the week, I have DPAF, I do it SOLO, if the guy is moving a lot, don't care, I still get nice footage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SoerenM said:

Hm only thing Grant said about it in the video (as far as I remember) was that it's not the typical bayer pattern... but a variation... well it is definitely not a Foveon sensor so there is not really any other possibility

From what he said, I think it s probably a quad bayer .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hijodeibn said:

for stock I agree, is a great camera, who else need it?, for interviews I will choose a C200 or C300 every day of the week, I have DPAF, I do it SOLO, if the guy is moving a lot, don't care, I still get nice footage.

I've never used AF for interviews, even when using cameras that have good AF, so I can't really relate to that need. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, newfoundmass said:

I've never used AF for interviews, even when using cameras that have good AF, so I can't really relate to that need. 

so you have to pay $10K for a camera with manual focus to get the perfect interview?, hahaha, good for you!!!, with a C200 for less that half the price I can get the perfect interview for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

so you have to pay $10K for a camera with manual focus to get the perfect interview?, hahaha, good for you!!!, with a C200 for less that half the price I can get the perfect interview for me.

That's good then man, buy the C200 instead. I'd never use AF for such work, too risky. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

in the future we will get the same in smaller and cheaper cameras, but today it is not needed, we need a pocket, with IBIS, DPAF, 6K/4K for a SOLO shooter, not this. An opportunity lost again!!!

 

I'm in my early 40's and started solo shooting 20 years ago. No IBIS, No AF......you don't need these features to be a solo shooter. You need to take the time to master the craft better. Please don't take that as me saying you are no good or I am better than anyone else, because I still have a lot to learn myself but not having AF and IBIS shouldn't stop you from shooting quality footage.

Plus, Solo shooters have sooooo many cameras to choose from these days if that's what you need.  BMD are not a compact camera maker like Sony, Panasonic, Fuji etc. They are more comparable to other professional arms like Sony Professional. BMD make much much more than cameras and the consumer market is not really their thing. 

 

I'll admit, 12K is lost on me although I have worked on my fair share of productions where we have been shooting 4K for 9:16 output and have needed to shoot with the camera on it's side.....major PITA!

With 12K at least, we won't need to do that.  

This camera is not for everyone, and that's ok. At $10,000 it's attainable to many freelance DP's and the same price as the FX9. Sure, the FX9 is full frame and that is super desirable right now, but currently, the FX9 can't do 4K50/60p in FF and that's a major drawback to many. 

If BMD are are showing off right now and that results in super speedy workflows, improved codecs, improved colour science trickling down for me using their cameras at 4K or 6K (advancements in BRAW will trickle down Grant said) then I'm OK with that.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

for stock I agree, is a great camera, who else need it?, for interviews I will choose a C200 or C300 every day of the week, I have DPAF, I do it SOLO, if the guy is moving a lot, don't care, I still get nice footage.

So you have a camera that you are extremely happy with and suits your needs perfectly....why are you so unhappy and aggressive right now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

so you have to pay $10K for a camera with manual focus to get the perfect interview?

So interviews are like running cheetahs or hopping gazelle, where focus keeps moving constantly across frames.

No wonder, that, there were no interviews recorded until dual pixel and modern age PDAF sensor autofocus was invented.

Would good autofocus have been nice? Absolutely.

Will people not be able to shoot studio work without excellent autofocus? No. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, A_Urquhart said:

 

 

I'm in my early 40's and started solo shooting 20 years ago. No IBIS, No AF......you don't need these features to be a solo shooter. You need to take the time to master the craft better. Please don't take that as me saying you are no good or I am better than anyone else, because I still have a lot to learn myself but not having AF and IBIS shouldn't stop you from shooting quality footage.

Plus, Solo shooters have sooooo many cameras to choose from these days if that's what you need.  BMD are not a compact camera maker like Sony, Panasonic, Fuji etc. They are more comparable to other professional arms like Sony Professional. BMD make much much more than cameras and the consumer market is not really their thing. 

 

I'll admit, 12K is lost on me although I have worked on my fair share of productions where we have been shooting 4K for 9:16 output and have needed to shoot with the camera on it's side.....major PITA!

With 12K at least, we won't need to do that.  

This camera is not for everyone, and that's ok. At $10,000 it's attainable to many freelance DP's and the same price as the FX9. Sure, the FX9 is full frame and that is super desirable right now, but currently, the FX9 can't do 4K50/60p in FF and that's a major drawback to many. 

If BMD are are showing off right now and that results in super speedy workflows, improved codecs, improved colour science trickling down for me using their cameras at 4K or 6K (advancements in BRAW will trickle down Grant said) then I'm OK with that.

 

 

I agree with you comment, but this tool is really not needed in today's technology for SOLO shooters, I was expecting a pocket, and by the way, I have been shooting SOLO with an eClair super 16 camera, just last year, so I know all the work that big tools demand, and when you have a lot of less things to do it is really a relieve, after two weeks shooting with film camera alone believe me, body hearts a lot!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hijodeibn said:

so, did you pre-order the new Blackmagic already for your interviews?, or it is just BLA BLA?

No, but if I had $10k and needed a cinema camera it'd probably be my leading choice, given the versatility. 

You seem quite angry at a company releasing a camera that clearly isn't marketed for you. Not every camera is going to be geared to you and me. 

My guess is that an 8K camera will be released relatively soon, in a much more competitive price range. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

I agree with you comment, but this tool is really not needed in today's technology for SOLO shooters, I was expecting a pocket, and by the way, I have been shooting SOLO with an eClair super 16 camera, just last year, so I know all the work that big tools demand, and when you have a lot of less things to do it is really a relieve, after two weeks shooting with film camera alone believe me, body hearts a lot!!!

There was no way BMD were going to release a new Pocket with IBIS and Af. The 6K version has not been out all that long and is probably still selling like hotcakes. If BMD are not on the same page as you in terms of camera design, that's fine, find someone who is. It seems Canon meets your needs and that's great. I don't need 12K, I will not be buying this new camera but I like the direction the company are going especially in workflow.

I will say that they need to release a FF camera soon to stay relevant. There are many DP's out there who are starting to use FF cameras and really loving them. It needs to be a completely new design though. Better design than the P6K but not as big as the UMP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

No, but if I had $10k and needed a cinema camera it'd probably be my leading choice, given the versatility. 

You seem quite angry at a company releasing a camera that clearly isn't marketed for you. Not every camera is going to be geared to you and me. 

My guess is that an 8K camera will be released relatively soon, in a much more competitive price range. 

you see, just BLA BLA, this camera is a waste of time, you will never spend that money on it even if you had it, that's the real fact, because of there are plenty of better solutions out there, for less money. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hijodeibn said:

you see, just BLA BLA, this camera is a waste of time, you will never spend that money on it even if you had it, that's the real fact, because of there plenty of better solutions out there, for less money. 

Because of there plenty of better solutions out there, for less money.....for me.

There, i fixed it for you. 

Not everyone has the same needs as you, you do realise that don't you?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...