Jump to content
Andrew Reid

Fuji X-T4

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, androidlad said:

6K 3:2 open gate at 30P, 6K 2.4:1 at 60P

Thanks, this will be a pocket video monster !! I don't know how you have access to all those informations but anyway, thanks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
41 minutes ago, androidlad said:

94E37B71-A5EA-4840-A00E-CB6E1B660C95.thumb.jpeg.e240e53aeae6fef4cad3e5ce9577a9d5.jpeg
 

AC5B48AA-71C0-48AE-A347-F523968C3C74.thumb.jpeg.5660df698fadc6db245ca7495679161a.jpeg

If these are the actual specs, it's really a little S1h(even better I'd say). Good codecs, good resolutions and framerates, let's see how good is IBIS and ergonomics but for now it's really exciting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, androidlad said:

94E37B71-A5EA-4840-A00E-CB6E1B660C95.thumb.jpeg.e240e53aeae6fef4cad3e5ce9577a9d5.jpeg
 

AC5B48AA-71C0-48AE-A347-F523968C3C74.thumb.jpeg.5660df698fadc6db245ca7495679161a.jpeg

These specs are incredible. Hope they add a bigger HDMI to it as well. The XT-3 has a micro port and it's very impractical unless you buy a cage for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For years we've been asking for Fuji (and Nikon, and Olympus) to unleash a video beast as they're not tied to legacy video lines that result in the cripple hammer to protect high priced lines, and this finally appears to fulfill that wish. This is what the XH1 should have been, better late than never though. Rolling shutter is always a question, there will certainly be gotcha's that everyone will be screaming about. But man this is looking really good.

The next few weeks are going to be pretty exciting on the hybrid front. 

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, androidlad said:

Two highlights:

4K 50/60P and FHD/2K 100/120P have a no crop option, with a slight quality loss.

DOL-HDR readout mode used for WDR capture, providing additional 2EV DR in video mode (total 13EV+), at the expense of higher rolling shutter.

Very interested in that mode. Hopefully the RS won't be too high in 1080p. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, androidlad said:

3:2 open gate covers that, you can crop.

Thanks for the answer, it's quite cumbersome though. HEVC is a PITA, and 3/2 isn't really a dedicated anamorphic mode. Sounds more like a workaround to me. Is an incam desqueeze planned at least ?

I  would have loved a S35 anamorphic powerhouse from Fuji, but S1H it is not. At least for the anamorphic fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why PITA? In 2020?

3:2 will do the trick ; )

I hope not only one but several desqueeze modes, that's the only problem I see with the manufacturers, they tend to forget diversity...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Why PITA? In 2020?

3:2 will do the trick ; )

I hope not only one but several desqueeze modes, that's the only problem I see with the manufacturers, they tend to forget diversity...

Because it's a PITA and it's probably going to be a 4:2:0 mode as well. HEVC is slow as hell unless you have a top of the line computer. It's as simple as that. It's a nice codec, no question, but most people will need to transcode to edit it easily.

As for 3:2 open gate, nice, but the S1H has basically more than half a dozen 4/3 anamorphic modes going from 24p, 30p and 60p in S35 or FF mode and even 1:1 pixel to pixel. So thanks but no thanks, at least for my very niche needs. For the vast majority of users, it looks absolutely amazing though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Julien416 said:

Because it's a PITA and it's probably going to be a 4:2:0 mode as well. HEVC is slow as hell unless you have a top of the line computer. It's as simple as that. It's a nice codec, no question, but most people will need to transcode to edit it easily.

As for 3:2 open gate, nice, but the S1H has basically more than half a dozen 4/3 anamorphic modes going from 24p, 30p and 60p in S35 or FF mode and even 1:1 pixel to pixel. So thanks but no thanks, at least for my very niche needs. For the vast majority of users, it looks absolutely amazing though.

Its worth mentioning that with the price difference between an S1H and probable cost of an XT4, you can buy a top of the line computer. Not to try to change your mind about your needs of course :)

4:3 modes would be nice. I don't know why more cameras don't allow for more aspect ratios.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MeanRevert said:

i remember when I had the XT3 that, while I dug the colors a lot, the highlight roll off was pretty harsh. Is the XT4 going to be better?

Did you try DR400? Or use F-Log and create any kind of rolloff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the X-t3 get any of these modes? I presume since  the sensor is almost the same and the cpu should be the same (very expensive to produce a brand new one) some of these modes could be passed to the X-T3.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...