Speedbooster for BMPC6K

androidlad

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

S35 + Lucas Speedbooster would make the 6k a "full frame" cine camera.:)

not full frame at all, i don't think it changes the sensor inside the camera ?

it just allows to use the full length of the lens, so crop factor is less obvious

14 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

What is the relevance Vs P4K 0.64 + 0.71 Speedboosters?

• A 24mm lens on the P6K...

with adapted/native lens = 37mm

with the speedbooster = 27mm

• A 24mm lens on the P4K...

with adapted/native lens = 45mm

with .71x speedbooster =  32mm 

with .64x speedbooster = 29mm

But the beauty of the P6K is that you don’t need a speedbooster because it is already S35. I would just spend the money on a fast native prime or an f/2.8 zoom and be happy.

Just now, thephoenix said:

depends on the speedbooster / adapter you use

with vintage lenses you don't need contacts so why pay for it

Im talking about the one from the topic offcourse, why would I bring something else up? (I already own a metabones speedbooster, but this one is integrated into the camera itself)

6 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

you can use a speedbooster to use your lenses at their native focal so you minimize the crop factor

so it could be usefull

you mean an adapter to ef is not needed ;)

but you can use others adapters to use non ef lenses on ef mount

Yeah, sure if that’s important to you. 

Yup and the straight adapters are thin and tiny for EF.

Or if you want FF Raw, you can wait for the Sigma FP and if Kipon makes a MF speedbooster for the L Mount you can use MF lenses on the FP... of course you’ll have to settle for shitty 4K instead of 6K...

3 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

pretty sure there will be a few speedboosters coming for the bmpcc6k

It’s highly unlikely, otherwise they would already exist. Metabones may be forced to make one, but since I assume you have to remove the mount to physically make it work, your camera warranty may be voided if there’s an issue.

I also assume that a bunch of lenses won’t work with the speedbooster. 

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a cool option but I don’t know if it will be as simple as a M4/3 speedbooster is?

3 hours ago, androidlad said:

https://lucadapters.webnode.it/news/magicbooster-pocket-6k/

6k.png

It sits completely within the mount and has an factor of 0.71x, so you can use FF EF lenses.

The site itself seems to not have any literature outlining the product (either they forgot to upload this or I am missing something wrt to navigating the site). Right now, this seems highly suspect. Can this site even be trusted? 

Interesting concept, the proof will be in the pudding though.

I can understand why they went with an EF mount (and I think it's a smart business decision for them) but it rules out adapting a bunch of lenses due to the flange distance of EF being considerable.  Although it means that a bunch of vintage lenses are safe from P6K related price inflation :) 

6 hours ago, mercer said:

Metabones may be forced to make one, but since I assume you have to remove the mount to physically make it work, your camera warranty may be voided if there’s an issue.

Metabones is not happy hunting BM lately after all ?

They allready released a product that propably noone will buy since differences with M43 speedboster are almost zero and new BM camera clients will propapbly turn to ΒMPCC6k.

After all why build something like that since clients could just buy a lens that will cover their needs propably in better way ? 

Stop thinking alltime on puttting a glass in front of your lens unless you don't care about your lenses image print.

3 hours ago, nathlas said:

Metabones is not happy hunting BM lately after all ?

They allready released a product that propably noone will buy since differences with M43 speedboster are almost zero and new BM camera clients will propapbly turn to ΒMPCC6k.

After all why build something like that since clients could just buy a lens that will cover their needs propably in better way ? 

Stop thinking alltime on puttting a glass in front of your lens unless you don't care about your lenses image print.

since i turned 50, i keep having to get more and more glass and thats just for my eyes, but i digress....

i swear i'll stop after i get a speedbooster and a couple of lenses to round things out....