I will never buy electronics from Amazon again

Jadesroom

This is a warning that many of you may already heed.

My experience: In the past I've learned to be wary of Amazon vendors.  Some will sell international versions of cameras that are not supported in the US, for example. Last summer my wife and I purchased two Samsung Gear Fit2 watches.  Mine stopped working the first weekend in November.  I sent it in. Samsung responded today that they cannot fix the watch because it is an international model and will need to be shipped to Italy for repair. This week I thought of purchasing a second X-T3 from Amazon rather than from B and H. I'm glad I didn't make that mistake.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

No offense but this is very basic Amazon shopping "skill".  Avoid any other vendor other than ships and sold by Amazon.

(Unless it's a company selling it's own goods on Amazon.)

What is the point of this post? You got burned because you bought from a crappy source and now blaming Amazon... Same thing can happen at eBay or Alieexpress or wherever you are deal hunting...

You might want to boycott Amazon for other reasons (warehouse working conditions) but this is just silly.

2 hours ago, Jadesroom said:

My experience: In the past I've learned to be wary of Amazon vendors.  Some will sell international versions of cameras that are not supported in the US, for example. Last summer my wife and I purchased two Samsung Gear Fit2 watches.  Mine stopped working the first weekend in November.  I sent it in. Samsung responded today that they cannot fix the watch because it is an international model and will need to be shipped to Italy for repair. This week I thought of purchasing a second X-T3 from Amazon rather than from B and H. I'm glad I didn't make that mistake.

The conditions of warranty along with the seller are mentioned in the products. You could check that before any purchase. 

i'm happy to buy all types of stuff of ebay, including the important stuff like vintage camera lenses ? the downside is sometimes it can take awhile to arrive. but for electrical stuff i prefer to get that from a local store  or from an aussie store online just for the added peace of mind knowing i can just take it back if there's an issue. i saved $120 off a gopro 6 buying from a mobile phone shop in western australia (the other side of the country ) rather than the local retail giant harvey norman. so it pays  to shop around but if that had been an overseas company then i wouldn't have bought it as who knows if its a grey import or not. i know ebay has its own return policies and suchlike  and i'm rather grateful i haven't had to use them yet, but its just so much nicer to  deal with someone in person as telling someone you bought a lemon and your about ready to tear someones arm off doesn't have quite the same effect in an email ?

by the way b& h sent me their winter catalog it arrived a week of so ago. i guess i spent enough there over the course of a year to warrant further optimistic expenditure. i do feel rather special if i went to jaycar to get a catalogue it would probably cost $7 

13 hours ago, Jadesroom said:

Thanks for the reminder. I sometimes forget to make sure that an item I want to buy is shipped and sold by Amazon.

On 12/18/2018 at 11:20 AM, scotchtape said:

No offense but this is very basic Amazon shopping "skill".  Avoid any other vendor other than ships and sold by Amazon.

(Unless it's a company selling it's own goods on Amazon.)

What is the point of this post? You got burned because you bought from a crappy source and now blaming Amazon... Same thing can happen at eBay or Alieexpress or wherever you are deal hunting...

You might want to boycott Amazon for other reasons (warehouse working conditions) but this is just silly.

The point of the post is that Amazon can say it sells US products with a warranty when the product is totally different than what is advertised.  It's more than a shopping skill.  It's like going to car dealer for a Lexus and getting a Kia with a supposed Lexus warranty; and then when the car breaks down, discovering that the dealership completely lied and that there was no Lexus to begin with and therefore no warranty exists. Obviously at a dealership, one can look at the car. But that's not available online.  One has to trust the dealer/seller.  The point is that Amazon is a convenient but not a reputable dealer.

As you will notice, the watch was purchased June 2 and Amazon guarantees that it is a US version with warranty.

Samsung Watch 1.png

You need to contact Amazon since you were not shipped the correct item. Amazon backs that guarantee, I've exchanged a lens that wasn't a US version and they took care of it promptly.

Did you register the serial # after you bought it, I've done that with stuff bought outside the US and got a warning about my address not matching place of origin.

Good luck.

Chris

The only thing I know of that Amazon sells is sometimes returned damaged goods, or damaged from their Warehouse. 99.9% of everything on Amazon is sold buy a Vendor, just your next door neighbor, whatever and amazon ships it to you. They never own it in reality. So in essence Amazon doesn't guarantee shit on them, the seller is the one who is responsible for the correct info on the product. Yeah they will let you send it back and take the money out of the sellers account if you do it quick enough, but it is not "Amazon" that is really the seller. or owner.