Best gimbal for Pocket 4K?

Emanuel

actually they sell a pack with the follow focus motor which is a bit more expensive.

i think follow focus button will be compatible with some cameras such as gh5 and sony, just use a cable and focus will be handled by the gimball

not so sure it can do that with BM4K

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
14 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

actually they sell a pack with the follow focus motor which is a bit more expensive.

i think follow focus button will be compatible with some cameras such as gh5 and sony, just use a cable and focus will be handled by the gimball

not so sure it can do that with BM4K

Well a good follow focus is completely manual so it should not matter what camera is on it. You should be controlling the lenses and not the camera. So the nucleus N sure has the advantage over there. But DJI will release some competition soon.

Just now, zerocool22 said:

Well a good follow focus is completely manual so it should not matter what camera is on it. You should be controlling the lenses and not the camera. So the nucleus N sure has the advantage over there. But DJI will release some competition soon.

That's what the Zhiyun focus is. You put the cable tie thing around the lens and the motors pushes or pulls it around. The one on the Ronin S is entirely software driven, and it's made that gimbal drop significantly in my 'which gimbal should I get?' list.

Titla's option is nice, but a lot more expensive than Zhiyun's offering.

Just now, thephoenix said:

well i guess it controls the camera and the camera is controlling the lenses so it is about the same.

at least you have one apendix less if you can control focus with the gimball, makes it lighters too

Its not the same, how is your camera going to focus manual lenses I wonder..

Just now, Anaconda_ said:

That's what the Zhiyun focus is. You put the cable tie thing around the lens and the motors pushes or pulls it around. The one on the Ronin S is entirely software driven, and it's made that gimbal drop significantly in my 'which gimbal should I get?' list.

Titla's option is nice, but a lot more expensive than Zhiyun's offering.

The one which is available now is yeah. but not the one that is rumoured.

41 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

I have the Crane 2. Doesn't mount on it out of the box, Pocket 4K is too wide.

My fear on the new and small size offer by them... Hope they are fully aware of this new tool without IBIS... but targeted to run-'n-gun filmmaking anyway as no one ever before (go figure 4K RAW for such price ; -)

and this comment from b&h

"B&H Photo Video

The Weebill Lab Gimbal is really geared towards Mirrorless Cameras. We would not recommend it with a camera like the Pocket Cinema Camera 4K. It may not properly balance. Thanks! -Joey P"

don't know why as the weight isn't an issue, size is not a problem for the ronin s so shlouldn't be one either here

14 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

1:34 - Included with the unit is going to be the external focus gear and external lens support for longer manual lenses.

here is your answer form the b&h website

Zhiyun-Tech WEEBILL LAB Q&A

5 Questions, 2 Answers

Most Common Questions

1 ANSWERS

Will this come with the Servo Follow focus attachment?

Asked by Dane on Nov 1, 2018 

Add Answer I Have This Question Too 8

Looks like there are 3 different packages for the WEEBILL.
Standard (without the follow focus servo). Seems B&H only has the Standard Package available. See the Zhiyun Store for more info.
Package Including:
1 x Zhiyun WEEBILL LAB Kit
1 x EACHSHOT Cleaning Cloth

Creator Package;
Package Including:
1 x Follow Focus Controller
1 x Qick Setup Kit
1 x Mini Monopod
1 x Phone Holder
1 x Camera Belt

Master Package;
Package Including:
1 x CMF-04 Servo Follow Focus
1 x Quick Setup Kit
1 x Mini Monopod
1 x Phone Holder
1 x Camera Belt
1 x Gimbal Bag

2 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Yeah the crane 3 might stur things up again. The ronin s might be heavier. But smoothness is the most important aspect for me. I dont shoot hours in a gimbal. Just 10 second clips, so I think I can manage 10 seconds of holding this setup.

A very light setup could need extra weight, and other (re-) arrangements to stabilize sufficiently. That applies to every mounting method (tripods, monopods, sliders, e.t.c) 

57 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

"B&H Photo Video

The Weebill Lab Gimbal is really geared towards Mirrorless Cameras. We would not recommend it with a camera like the Pocket Cinema Camera 4K. It may not properly balance. Thanks! -Joey P"

don't know why as the weight isn't an issue, size is not a problem for the ronin s so shlouldn't be one either here

I don't know why they will say that too as I am eying this gimbal for the P4K especially with their follow focus. I guess I will keep waiting and see if that's possible when the gimbal get's released. 

51 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

Well then is there a difference between the 'Creator Package Follow Focus Controller' and the 'Master Package CMF-04 Servo Follow Focus'

Why have just the controller?

My understanding is the Creator package has just a controller but the Master Package has the CMF-04 servo follow focus with the controller. 

These Koreans have excellent style and posture!

I thought the Weebill would be P4K ready, I do not like all these mods to make a very modern and recent gimbal to work.

I will be waiting for the official release, but I believe they will have something ready for it very soon.

They are also from the same continent (the Weebill bird and the Black Magic company), so they have to figure it out!

2 hours ago, thephoenix said:

For a simple reason, the matter is not centered on weight but form factor, that is, in two words: design and size. That's all! : )

2 hours ago, thephoenix said:

"B&H Photo Video

Seems the doubt is most likely cleared up.

Hopefully, Crane 3 LAB addresses the Pocket 4K... without quirks.

1 hour ago, matthere said:

Quite interested in the Weebill, it seems it does work with the P4K and some additional weights.. and some strange auto-translation english..

"It's a bit like Frankenstein..." (from minute 8:21) LOL : ) @Kisaha You're right, man! : )) We pay we want SOC metamorphosed to SOG : -D