Best gimbal for Pocket 4K?

Emanuel

All modes work well. Apart from the Vortex thing. Maybe I’ve misunderstood what that’s for, but it only works wth the camera pointing straight up, as if you’re filming trees. 

If you hold the gimbal at 90deg so the camera is pointing ahead of you, it either can’t or doesn’t rotate. 

I could test it with a gx80 I suppose. If it’s still the same thing, then it’s not supposed to do it and motor strength isn’t the issue. 

Ive not tried controlling anything on the gimbal, but I suspect it wont work. I’ll test it later though if you like. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Having been testing on and off today I really like this gimbal, weight modifications and all. I definitely wouldn't want anything heavier. After filming a few live songs, performed specifically for the gimbal test, my arms were getting tired. You can download one of the takes below.

https://mega.nz/#F!TA8URCjb!v3AOrZUdFOtpNDmTjI5XUw - 10gb, give it time to finish uploading.

Artist name: Joanna Weston

Song: 'The Wolf' (work in progress)

I was one man crew, so excuse the peaking in one the vocal mic, I couldn't monitor while filming, and the 'soundcheck' didn't show the peaking... I guess she performed with more passion when the camera was rolling ;)  I was also interested in playing with DOF, so I made it as shallow as possible. I'm used to focusing while filming, so I'm really looking forward to getting the follow focus motor when it's available. For now though, working within this limitation, focussing by moving the camera is fine, though in the real world I'll stop down the lens and give myself more room to move.

Here's my setup and settings for those interested:

ProRes 422

4096x2160

24p

iso 400

180 deg shutter

Sigma 30mm f.14

Viltrox EF-M2 (made Sigma into f1.0)

Camera audio - internal microphones

1 x Vocal mic

1 x Guitar mic

1 x Guitar line

I love it. If you don't mind adding weights onto the arm to counter balance, it's great. The only other grievance I have is being unable to focus while filming, but that's the same issue with every gimbal, and can be remedied once their follow focus becomes available. I can't find it anywhere, but the product name is 'CMF-04' If someone can find a seller, please let me know.

I don't have a Vimeo account and the free version only allows 500mb uploads. For me that defeats the point of making the 422 file available for download. I'll do my own grade on this shot and put it on YouTube though if you like. Then at least you can see how smooth it is. I'll post when it's up.

16 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

I love it. If you don't mind adding weights onto the arm to counter balance, it's great. The only other grievance I have is being unable to focus while filming, but that's the same issue with every gimbal, and can be remedied once their follow focus becomes available. I can't find it anywhere, but the product name is 'CMF-04' If someone can find a seller, please let me know.

I don't have a Vimeo account and the free version only allows 500mb uploads. For me that defeats the point of making the 422 file available for download. I'll do my own grade on this shot and put it on YouTube though if you like. Then at least you can see how smooth it is. I'll post when it's up.

Yeah, that would be nice, thanks : )

So, don't you see any issue other than adding weights to match the P4K camera balance there?

As smooth as any smaller camera or other gimbal you bet?

Doesn't it come with their own follow focus already and all included?

Making an export now. 

I don't see any issues. For my setup, with the Sigma 30mm 1.4 I need to add 250g onto the arm to balance it out. That may or may not be a problem for some. A lighter lens will probably need less weight.

I've never used any other gimbal, and haven't put a smaller camera on this, but my results are very smooth and I can definitely for see myself using it professionally.

The gimbal comes in 3 packages, at varying prices, but for some reason in Holland I can only buy it at the most basic, so the FF was not included in my kit.

19 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

Making an export now. 

I don't see any issues. For my setup, with the Sigma 30mm 1.4 I need to add 250g onto the arm to balance it out. That may or may not be a problem for some. A lighter lens will probably need less weight.

I've never used any other gimbal, and haven't put a smaller camera on this, but my results are very smooth and I can definitely for see myself using it professionally.

The gimbal comes in 3 packages, at varying prices, but for some reason in Holland I can only buy it at the most basic, so the FF was not included in my kit.

Where have you purchased it?

Where have you seen it with the 3 package options?

https://www.proav.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=weebill

Standard - Creator - Master Package.

I didn't want/need the other stuff in the packages, and like I say, they're not yet available here, so I just bought that standard to use for now and will get the follow focus down the line.

Test video will be live here when YouTube are ready: 

Download the original files here (10gb): https://mega.nz/#F!TA8URCjb!v3AOrZUdFOtpNDmTjI5XUw

We're going to do another session tonight, turn the mics down, close the aperture and boost the ISO.

No electronic controls at all. Maybe that'll change in the future, but it's not something I'm all that interesting in personally.

If your using a phone with the gimbal, I suppose you could get a BMD app and use that to start/stop or adjust your settings. I just used the touchscreen on the camera to set everything and trigger recording.

11 minutes ago, Turboguard said:

I just put down an order for the G2X with Nucleus Nano for 600 bux! Never owned a gimbal before so will be interesting. All videos I’ve seen online says it’s a good gimbal and they’ve now shown it with the P4K multiple times.  

$600 for G2X with Nucleus Nano!! Black Friday deal? Please who's selling this, that's a great deal!