Panasonic announcing a full frame camera on Sept. 25???

Trek of Joy

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
21 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

->

Also not sure where you get $2k+ from. As indeed they run $1500-1600 converted (you might've either looked at the kit with Leica zoom or GH5S rather than GH5 Body  

?

I googled the largest retailers in Stockholm. Body only. Googled currency conversion. None of the ones I checked sell the GH5 for $1,200 as the OP said. 

0CD5CD7F-FB04-4936-BAC7-BD4A9D3C0D26.png

0506BDF4-206B-48A2-BA20-868E5F77EFC8.png

5F57E6A9-01B0-40AD-84CA-F55A52ED7445.png

There appears to have been a significant price drop on the GH5 in july here in Norway but the price has since gone up again.

Start price 21.500 NOK

Jun 21 = 15 000 NOK

Sept 1: 17.000 NOK

https://www.prisjakt.no/product.php?pu=4098517

In Sweden the current lowest price is 14,000 SEK which acording to the statistics is the lowest price level for the GH5 ever.

Swedish kroner is lower in value so the GH5 seems to sell for less than 13.000,- NOK.

https://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=4098517

7 minutes ago, EspenB said:

There appears to have been a significant price drop on the GH5 in july here in Norway but the price has since gone up again.

Start price 21.500 NOK

Jun 21 = 15 000 NOK

Sept 1: 17.000 NOK

https://www.prisjakt.no/product.php?pu=4098517

In Sweden the current lowest price is 14,000 SEK which acording to the statistics is the lowest price level for the GH5 ever.

Swedish kroner is lower in value so the GH5 seems to sell for less than 13.000,- NOK.

NOTE That VAT of 25% is included in both Sweden and Norway.

7 minutes ago, EspenB said:

Well, 1200 USD + 25% VAT is 1500 USD.

Not to defent the original posters claim, but the price in Sweden is LOW.

In Germany the GH5 sells for 1709 euro at the biggest electroincs chain (Saturn), and 1650 euro from online shop. Initial asking price when new was 2200 euro.

• Super Members
32 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I googled the largest retailers in Stockholm. Body only. Googled currency conversion. None of the ones I checked sell the GH5 for $1,200 as the OP said. 

That is not one of the biggest retailers, and its in like 15th place when you look at prices.

The cheapest from a respectable dealer in Stockholm is 13 970:- NOT 21 990:-

And the two biggest retailers in Sweden are asking 14 990:- 

6 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

That or... he did say 'this price was offered to me a few weeks ago'... so probably requires some inquiring/haggling. Oh the days that people bought full retail...

No haggling, that google search was way of, check my link.

This leak as well as the developement announcement comming at Photokina is just set up to make people not jump to Canikon mirrorless.

Pricing will probably not be announced and tech details will be few.

Product will not be out until summer of 2019 in 9-10 months I pressume.

It's an understandable move from Panasonic as you no longer can sell a USD2000+ M43 camera in a mirrorless FF market which has the same price point.

12 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

That is not one of the biggest retailers, and its in like 15th place when you look at prices.

The cheapest from a respectable dealer in Stockholm is 13 970:- NOT 21 990:-

And the two biggest retailers in Sweden are asking 14 990:- 

No haggling, that google search was way of, check my link.

Not sure what your point is. Two of the three largest retailers you linked to are selling the GH5 for $1,584.00 USD. Which is $385 more than $1,200. No retailer I’ve seen is selling the GH5 for $1,200.

BTW: there is no countdown to a big announcement at Photokina.

It's just a countdown to the PANASONIC PRESS CONFERENCE.

They have them at every Photokina, IFA, CES, whatever.

There will probably be a developement announcmenet, don't expect to see anything real until Photokina in may 2019.

6 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Not sure what your point is. Two of the three largest retailers you linked to are selling the GH5 for $1,584.00 USD. Which is $385 more than $1,200. No retailer is selling the GH5 for $1,200.

In Sweden 1200 + VAT

In the US it's 1700 + VAT.

Please stop. Finding the best GH5S price in Sweden by Googling around is a particularly silly and pointless argument even for EOSHD. How about the G90 though? GH5S sensor with IBIS at consumer prices, the only question is how they'll cripple it. 

I'll probably buy it...unless somebody can find me a GH5S in Sweden for less than $1200...

27 minutes ago, EspenB said:

BTW: there is no countdown to a big announcement at Photokina.

It's just a countdown to the PANASONIC PRESS CONFERENCE.

They have them at every Photokina, IFA, CES, whatever.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Frakin Hilarious. Panasonic should feel ashamed. They're generating more hype than Smartphone Flagship Launches.

What is the ramifications for the M43 system?

A significant price drop in the future? The one and only thing which has never been small with M43 is the price level. ? 

Pressumably no more 2000 euro GHx cameras. Will Panasonic still make a GH6 when they might only ask 1500 euro?

You can understand Panasonic here somewhat. Why sell a 1500 euro camera and make 200 euro in profit, when you can sell a 2000 euro camera and have a 400 euro profit.

After the Canikons mirrorless systems have the blast at Photokina and Panasonic announces FF developement it might kill any future interest in the format.

As for the current GH5 it probably need both a price drop as well as an updated firmware with new features to stay current until the summer of 2019...

38 minutes ago, Dan Sherman said:

What are you smoking? The brand new Z6 in z7 can't even match what the over a year old gh5 is capable of with regards to video. Not to mention they are more expensive!

How many people you really think are going to buy a GH5 over a FF EOS R, Z6, A7 mk III?? About 22 people on here, that's all there will be. There is probably less than 5% of people actually take video even remotely serious. The vast majority of people could give a Rats Ass about super video features, or any video features at all.. Heck of a lot of people wish they sold cameras with NO video at all in them.

6 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

How many people you really think are going to buy a GH5 over a FF EOS R, Z6, A7 mk III?? About 22 people on here, that's all there will be. There is probably less than 5% of people actually take video even remotely serious. The vast majority of people could give a Rats Ass about super video features, or any video features at all.. Heck of a lot of people wish they sold cameras with NO video at all in them.

Maybe not on this form, but I know a lot of people photagraphers who prefer m-43 to FF due to the size and weight savings, especially when it comes to the longer focal length lenses.

If I was looking for something better than my gh5, it wouldn't be a  FF hybrid, it'd be an Ursa Pro.

Honestly, I think a lot of people who are constantly always wanted to get into full frame have insecurity issues. So many of them have that I need to be a ”real boy” mentality, and to them that means they have to use FF whether it's for Stills or video.

I always laugh when I hear people lusting after that "FF look”