Jump to content
Andrew Reid

Nikon Z6 features 4K N-LOG, 10bit HDMI output and 120fps 1080p

Recommended Posts

Hey, hey, seems do I need your medicine?! *sigh* oh boy, take a look but on your belly button ; )

That use of the verb 'to cry' is coming from where? From the substantive already used in my previous posting? Be creative for your own sake. What didn't I clarify? Are you actually able to read anything other than your insults addressed to the other side? Because of what? Don't worry, pal, I will never quote you again without asking permission, no worries, no need to freak out... LOL Need to pay attention who has actually written it... haha You go directly to be the only one in my ignore list so far, sorry, I won't even quote you this time or I can't get rid of you.

Well, I won't repeat myself. You have several posts for the subject matter from my side, pick the part suits that.

Not my problem you ask to clear up something the whole world already got except you, but the quote here can still do it for you as easy as:

11 hours ago, Emanuel said:

What about my comment? Why not to strictly restrict on topic in behalf of everyone here?

I inferred this Z6/Z7 series have such a smooth autofocus I'd appreciate to have as tool. I just refrained to buy a Z7 unit because of lack of 4K 60p as much as I refrain myself to write what I think now about you. What's the beef against that? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 hours ago, DBounce said:

Had a quick play today shooting some video, both internally and to the Ninja V. I believe the footage is pretty flexible and can be graded without too much difficulty to match the C200.

Can you please upload some untouched N-Log footage? Straight out of the Ninja. Anything works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Attila Bakos said:

Can you please upload some untouched N-Log footage? Straight out of the Ninja. Anything works.

Not Ninja V, but 4K N-Log sample captured with Inferno (Z7 running firmware 1.0) :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgtgezwqaayinb2/Z7 N Log 4k.mov?dl=0

by courtesy of Jeff Curtner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Not Ninja V, but with Inferno (Z7 running firmware 1.0) :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgtgezwqaayinb2/Z7 N Log 4k.mov?dl=0

courtesy by Jeff Curtner

Thanks, I already have that one :) That seems to be the only one available on the net. Something else would be great then :)

@DBounce On a second thought, I would be happy if you could share a short footage shot with the lens cap on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Attila Bakos said:

Thanks, I already have that one :) That seems to be the only one available on the net. Something else would be great then :)

@DBounce On a second thought, I would be happy if you could share a short footage shot with the lens cap on.

Indeed : )

Well-asked request. An effective way to address further inspection on it : -)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see any evidence that the Z6 has inferior video AF to the Z7 - perhaps the extra focus points on the Z7 are helpful in the higher precision required for 42MP stills, but actually for video it is speed and smoothness that are key, and the Z6 seems to have what it takes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BasiliskFilm said:

I don't see any evidence that the Z6 has inferior video AF to the Z7 - perhaps the extra focus points on the Z7 are helpful in the higher precision required for 42MP stills, but actually for video it is speed and smoothness that are key, and the Z6 seems to have what it takes.

I think the video AF is pretty good. Not as good as Canon, but with some consideration to the limitations more than usable. I’ve played with most of the top hybrid contenders and I place this camera in the lead position assuming video is important to you. 

Stills performance is quite good, AF is acceptable, but given the lineage there remains room for improvement. Perhaps a firmware tweak can improve upon this. An update did greatly benefit the Panasonic GH cameras, so there is hope. Certainly Nikon is less than pleased with reports of their AF underperforming.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Danyyyel said:

Nice example of AF video tracking and use on a gimbal.

Pretty significant example of posterisation on the jeans from about 1:14. And on the big plant pot to the right.  Could that just be the grade?  Also I found the whole video quite macro-blocky, though you never know how much of that is down to youtube, im sure I've seen cleaner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DBounce said:

I think the video AF is pretty good. Not as good as Canon, but with some consideration to the limitations more than usable. I’ve played with most of the top hybrid contenders and I place this camera in the lead position assuming video is important to you. 

Stills performance is quite good, AF is acceptable, but given the lineage there remains room for improvement. Perhaps a firmware tweak can improve upon this. An update did greatly benefit the Panasonic GH cameras, so there is hope. Certainly Nikon is less than pleased with reports of their AF underperforming.

 

How does it compare to fuji auto focus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MattH said:

Pretty significant example of posterisation on the jeans from about 1:14. And on the big plant pot to the right.  Could that just be the grade?  Also I found the whole video quite macro-blocky, though you never know how much of that is down to youtube, im sure I've seen cleaner.

Its is a bit of a stretch I think to judge footage from a camera like posterisation  from a youtube clip.

 

Second wedding video from z6.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MattH said:

Pretty significant example of posterisation on the jeans from about 1:14. And on the big plant pot to the right.  Could that just be the grade?  Also I found the whole video quite macro-blocky, though you never know how much of that is down to youtube, im sure I've seen cleaner.

Yeah, I saw that also and thought he must have been pretty heavy handed in post to break the image like that. 

From my experience the artifacts you see in that video are not represented of the Z6 when graded correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get this, ordered the official Nikon lcd protector for the z-series of cameras from Japan. Touch functionality is excellent BUT it’s matte and it muddies the details of the screen like crazy, almost unusable. So don’t go through the troubles of getting it. Another complaint no one has brought up from what I can see: Z6 splits the video files into 4gb chunks. Still. Ridiculous. They should fix this with firmware immediately, just like Fuji will with the x-t3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

How does it compare to fuji auto focus?

I believe the X-T3 May have an edge in stills AF performance. But I need to do more testing to be certain. Granted, the Nikon does slow me down a bit. I’m used to the 1DXMK2, with its machine gun like AF firing away continuously. With the Nikon it’s two burst shots.

I’m inclined to give the nod to the Nikon for video AF. I just haven’t had a lot of time to shoot lately. It does feel less prone to drift. Not that the X-T3 is bad. If not for the issues I had, I would still own it. The Fuji was a lot fun while it worked. 

Most of these cameras are all so good that I’m not sure it matters so much what body we use. Lighting, sound, camera movement and story are now our focus. 

Yes 8k is coming... but how many have monitors to display it? Granted you get more detail... but do we really want or need more detail? More often than not, we are seeking ways to soften our image. 

 

 

30 minutes ago, Simon Young said:

Another complaint no one has brought up from what I can see: Z6 splits the video files into 4gb chunks. Still. Ridiculous. They should fix this with firmware immediately, just like Fuji will with the x-t3.

I honestly never noticed this as I have yet to really shoot anything meaningful internally. Everything so far has been external to the Ninja V. I’ll have to check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DBounce said:

I believe the X-T3 May have an edge in stills AF performance. But I need to do more testing to be certain. Granted, the Nikon does slow me down a bit. I’m used to the 1DXMK2, with its machine gun like AF firing away continuously. With the Nikon it’s two burst shots.

I’m inclined to give the nod to the Nikon for video AF. I just haven’t had a lot of time to shoot lately. It does feel less prone to drift. Not that the X-T3 is bad. If not for the issues I had, I would still own it. The Fuji was a lot fun while it worked. 

Most of these cameras are all so good that I’m not sure it matters so much what body we use. Lighting, sound, camera movement and story are now our focus. 

Yes 8k is coming... but how many have monitors to display it? Granted you get more detail... but do we really want or need more detail? More often than not, we are seeking ways to soften our image. 

 

 

I honestly never noticed this as I have yet to really shoot anything meaningful internally. Everything so far has been external to the Ninja V. I’ll have to check it out.

Yeah only thing that could still see improvements is Dynamic range. I never really cared about 4k let alone 8k. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 12:55 PM, Castorp said:

U mad bro? Hahahaha oh my god too funny

You quoted my honest post to the thread which was about autofocus and wrote something completely unrelated together with your usual shitty smileys.

In what way was your message meant to be constructive?

Address? Seriously? Hahahaha

Get a life. 

@Emanuel don’t bother answering to this guy. Could have been funny, but he is so retarded it’s actually sad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...