Would You Perhaps Be Interested In A Different GX80/85 Colour Profile???

BTM_Pix

2 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

OK, well I've got a solution for you.

The live view to a phone works while recording the burst.

So your options are to use the free Panasonic Image App on your phone as a monitor or use an app like Gmonitor (Android or iOS) which is about $5 and is a more dedicated monitor app for showing the live stream.

There is some lag but it is actually pretty marginal and definitely usable.

Far, far more usable than the non-functioning HDMI port.

I was betatester of an ios app called "scopes". Way better than imgapp for anamorphics. Full screen on ipad with desqueeze in several flavours (1.3x, 1.5x , 2x).

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

21 minutes ago, heart0less said:

Why are we, the Androiders, left behind?

I think even ios version is not available anymore.

Maybe. with some luck, someone who knows how to make android apps, and who knows how lumix cameras talk with phone, who have 3 letters in his nick name, can make similar product. Full screem liveview with selectable desqueeze ratios!!!

6 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

I use Field Monitor and it has a lot of screen size options. Not much lag. I think it is like 20 dollars. Not sure if it does de squeeze? I

It does, I played with it for a while a month ago, when my friend asked me to repair her iPhone and I still had a7iii. 

It's one of the best apps I've bought, really. 

Very reliable, many useful features (aspect markers, safe zones, false colors, LUTs - you name it), frequent updates. 

Had a chance to exchange some emails with the developer and he's a great guy, too. 

7 hours ago, Grimor said:

I think even ios version is not available anymore.

Oh, that's a shame. Seemed really nice. 

7 hours ago, Grimor said:

Maybe. with some luck, someone who knows how to make android apps, and who knows how lumix cameras talk with phone, who have 3 letters in his nick name, can make similar product. Full screem liveview with selectable desqueeze ratios!!!

We really need to convince Adam Wilt (the dev behind FieldMonitor) to port his app to Android. 

Back in November he said he wasn't working on it, but maybe something changed. 

• Super Members
9 hours ago, Grimor said:

Yes because of course I'm not busy enough right now ;)

Seriously though, Gmonitor does all this stuff and is available for Android and iOs 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gmonitor/id1219955645?mt=8

19 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

OK, well I've got a solution for you.

The live view to a phone works while recording the burst.

So your options are to use the free Panasonic Image App on your phone as a monitor or use an app like Gmonitor (Android or iOS) which is about $5 and is a more dedicated monitor app for showing the live stream.

There is some lag but it is actually pretty marginal and definitely usable.

Far, far more usable than the non-functioning HDMI port.

This is a very good workaround. Sad that I can't use my feelworld ma6 for this, but I will try it out.

18 hours ago, heart0less said:

Not saying it's the best solution, but maybe you'll like it more?

Great insight. I have shot parts of my documentary yesterday and I instinctively felt like shooting 4k 16 to 9 with cine D settings that I can match with gh5 cine D shots. I also feel like, in theory, cropping the 16 9 shouldn't hurt too much at 4k. 
Another idea I had, is what happens when you are in 4:3 cine D and add an external recorder like the atomos. This one doesn't need the camera to record at the same time. Shouldn't that work? 

27 minutes ago, canonlyme said:

Another idea I had, is what happens when you are in 4:3 cine D and add an external recorder like the atomos. This one doesn't need the camera to record at the same time. Shouldn't that work?

If I needed / could afford Atomos, I would've definitely gotten GH5 first or just rented them together.

( :

And: sadly, you can't be in 4:3 and Cine-D at the same time.

Cine-D (on GX80 and G80) is available only in Video Mode, which gives you 16:9 by default.

3 minutes ago, heart0less said:

If I needed / could afford Atomos, I would've definitely gotten GH5 first or just rented them together.

( :

And: sadly, you can't be in 4:3 and Cine-D at the same time.

Cine-D is available only in Video Mode, which gives you 16:9 by default.

Makes sense. The gh5 seems cheap for anamorphic, the gx80 seems cheap for a small gh5

Just a note for G80/G85 and GX80/GX85 users:

(this may be of interest to you, @canonlyme)

Consider disabling IBIS while shooting anamorphic.

Recently I took a look at my short video tests and noticed that there is a lot of swaying going on in them.

At first I thought that rolling shutter was to blame, but after further tests I concluded that this swaying has nothing to do with fast pans and it's visible even during some subtle movement.

Turns out IBIS in G85 doesn't like scopes.

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

3 hours ago, heart0less said:

Just a note for G80/G85 and GX80/GX85 users:

(this may be of interest to you, @canonlyme)

Consider disabling IBIS while shooting anamorphic.

Recently I took a look at my short video tests and noticed that there is a lot of swaying going on in them.

At first I thought that rolling shutter was to blame, but after further tests I concluded that this swaying has nothing to do with fast pans and it's visible even during some subtle movement.

Turns out IBIS in G85 doesn't like scopes.

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

Someone already said it before !! ?

• 4 months later...
  • Super Members

Its interesting that newer stuff works on the GX9.

Which has me thinking, did anyone one here actually ever buy an LX100 Mark 2 and try my initial hack?

My testing of it on the Mark 1 put it into a different mode but one which wasn't cinelike D but I'm just wondering now whether based on this information from the GX9 whether the same change of sensor that the LX100 Mark 2 has had may have changed the game there as well.

@Артем Your file has a 60p framerate and around 100mpbs. Cool.

37 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Its interesting that newer stuff works on the GX9.

Which has me thinking, did anyone one here actually ever buy an LX100 Mark 2 and try my initial hack?

My testing of it on the Mark 1 put it into a different mode but one which wasn't cinelike D but I'm just wondering now whether based on this information from the GX9 whether the same change of sensor that the LX100 Mark 2 has had may have changed the game there as well.

You take it very easy on your achievment and Артемs findings as well:) 100mbit with ibis and gh5 sensor has been a gh5 feature only for a mft lumix cam. Makes it quiet attractive. Would love to see a lowlight comparison between 100 and 28mbit modes. This sounds like AWESOME news! On the GX85 no such 100mbit HD mode hidden, right? cheers