Would You Perhaps Be Interested In A Different GX80/85 Colour Profile???

BTM_Pix

• 4 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Super Members
21 hours ago, Nathan Gabriel said:

There is a recently discovered fix for the panasonic autofocus on the gh5/gh5s based on adjusting shutter angle. Any chance we can use this hack to adjust shutter angle on g85/gx85?

Here's the autofocus fix:

The whiteboard and diagrams put me off watching it but I think I've got the gist of what's going on.

The GX80/85 doesn't have the shutter angle control but that might not be a dead end.

The two ways to possibly do it would be the usual trick to fake the message coming from Panasonic's app and hope the GX accepts it but this would rely on it being available in the app in the first place so if someone with a GH5 could confirm that then that would be a start.

The other option potentially would be to send it shutter speeds that were 'in the cracks' and see what happens. The shutter speed commands are formulated in a particular way with the shutter speed as you would recognise it (50,125,250) etc combined with another number that is sequential but reduces by 8 (or something, I havent got my laptop to hand) between each step. Maybe, there is some mileage in seeing if changing the second number to something less than a difference of 8 is a way to set it between the cracks.

So, in summary, the answer is a hesitant maybe but I haven't got a GH5 and I can't look at the other method until I'm back off this trip next week.

12 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

The whiteboard and diagrams put me off watching it but I think I've got the gist of what's going on.

The GX80/85 doesn't have the shutter angle control but that might not be a dead end.

The two ways to possibly do it would be the usual trick to fake the message coming from Panasonic's app and hope the GX accepts it but this would rely on it being available in the app in the first place so if someone with a GH5 could confirm that then that would be a start.

The other option potentially would be to send it shutter speeds that were 'in the cracks' and see what happens. The shutter speed commands are formulated in a particular way with the shutter speed as you would recognise it (50,125,250) etc combined with another number that is sequential but reduces by 8 (or something, I havent got my laptop to hand) between each step. Maybe, there is some mileage in seeing if changing the second number to something less than a difference of 8 is a way to set it between the cracks.

So, in summary, the answer is a hesitant maybe but I haven't got a GH5 and I can't look at the other method until I'm back off this trip next week.

Welcome back, master!!! Hope everything was OK and nice to see you again !!!

• Super Members
14 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Well, that escalated quickly.

Thanks to Saturn in Berlin leaving a GH5 unattended I was able to do a quick sniffing session and the app does indeed control the angle increments so I now have the command to do it.

Its a bit of an unusual structure so I suspect the camera needs to be in the specific mode to accept the offset parts of the message but its something to go on when I get back. I'm not convinced it will work on the GX but you never know. At least I can include it in the device for GH5 owners if nothing else.

Screenshot_20180217-132859.png

2 hours ago, Grimor said:

Welcome back, master!!! Hope everything was OK and nice to see you again !!!

Cheers.

Yes, I've been busy with real work but also with making big changes to the controller.

2 hours ago, zcream said:

Any luck so far with the 4K 200mbps mod ?

No, the camera hears the command and then does absolutely nothing to action it.

Might as well tell a teenager to clean their room.

On 8/23/2017 at 10:36 PM, Grimor said:

Power OFF camera.

Put dial at "P" mode and and "single shoot".

Press Disp. + AF/AE + Right cursor (keep pressing all together while powering ON.

Press playback button

Press and keep pressing AF/AE + UP cursor.

Power OFF.

Power ON camera.

Now you have to be in service mode.

You must see an exclamation symbol when power off.

Then to  restoring/changing region follow this:

Power ON

Same P and single shoot mode.

Press and keep on pressing Set (center menu key) + Righ cursor

Power OFF the camera

Hello! First time poster on this forum, long time reader.

I've recently bought a USA GX85, but I would like it to record video at 25fps because I live in PAL land. I've seen the posts earlier on this forum, but have yet to find a link to how to do this rather than the PAL to NTSC change. Has anyone had any success doing an NTSC to PAL change?

So: getting into the service mode is possible, slightly different than you describe. I found the service manual online and followed the instructions:

. Power off, P mode
. Holding Playback, Right-arrow, AE/AF Lock and power on
. Enter playback mode, hold Up-arrow and AE/AF Lock and power off

Powered back on, your combination of Set, Right-arrow and power off provides the Initial Settings screen (also described in the service manual).

But here, I see only GX85 as an option. I can toggle [Strict] on and off with Disp. button, and with it off I can press Right-arrow which takes me to a confirmation screen. But all this does is allow me to re-initialise as an NTSC GX85.

I do see that the service manual allows this to be changed only once (when repairing the camera), but was wondering if anyone had found a simple way around this...?

Thanks!

Hi guys, I tried on my GF8 and it worked, but not perfect like I thought. Its darker than other color modes, but the color is good.

In addition, I also tried other commands. The first is vlog

http://192.168.54.1/cam.cgi?mode=setsetting&type=colormode&value=vlog_gamma

image.thumb.png.127adf4e6f8f12c89e01ab2604539785.png

The resulted image is slightly darker than standard mode, despite the same setting. File size all larger (6.1 vs 5.6), but the menu no change like in cine D. Thus, I am not sure it works or not.

The second command is adding new af mode: 49 areas. 

image.png.c4cba693e2a635d99cb2ca09b44d6263.png

image.png.6fc8f16f4b680bff63d163c9f9a7f00c.png

Cinelike D

_1030758 Cine D.JPG

Standard

_1030762 standard.JPG

Vlog gamma

_1030763 vlog.JPG

• Super Members

The Cinelike D response that you are seeing is similar to when it is applied to the LX100. It does something but it isn't Cinelike D. And the something that it is doing isn't particularly appealing! My feeling about it is that there is possibly some combination of highlight/shadow curve that can be set so that when you apply the Cinelike D command it actually does replicate how it looks on the other cameras but I've never got round to it time wise to explore it further.

The V-LOG repsonse that you are seeing is is accepting the command but just reverting to Standard rather than actually actioning it to be V-LOG.

• 3 weeks later...
On 28.02.2018 at 2:45 PM, BTM_Pix said:

The Cinelike D response that you are seeing is similar to when it is applied to the LX100. It does something but it isn't Cinelike D. And the something that it is doing isn't particularly appealing! My feeling about it is that there is possibly some combination of highlight/shadow curve that can be set so that when you apply the Cinelike D command it actually does replicate how it looks on the other cameras but I've never got round to it time wise to explore it further.

The V-LOG repsonse that you are seeing is is accepting the command but just reverting to Standard rather than actually actioning it to be V-LOG.

Hello!

I'm sorry for my english (Google Translate):

During the work on hacking Wi-Fi, you did not find a way how to turn off the screen off to lumix in the video recording mode, after some time?

As soon as you turn on video recording and control by Wi-Fi, after a some time, the screen (gx85) goes out and you can not control the camera (from camera), the record "video recording is being recorded"

I would like to use a phone or tablet as a wireless monitor (the second operator would see that I'm shooting, and I would have seen the frame of my second operator).

Привет!

Прошу прощения за мой английский (гугл переводчик):

В ходе работы над взломом Wi-Fi, вы не нашли способ как отключить отключения экрана на лумикс в режиме записи видео, после некоторого времени&

Как только включаешь запись видео и управляешь по Wi-Fi, через некоторое время экран гаснет, и управлять камерой нельзя, появляется запись "ведется запись видео"

Я бы хотел использовать телефон или планшет как беспроводной монитор (второй оператор видел бы, что снимаю я, а я видел бы кадр моего второго оператора)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey wizards,

im interested in "Auto Brackets" and changing or setting up the exposure from +-3 ev to a higher Number like +-7ev or +-9ev.

I can go manualy and change it everytime by hand, but there must be an better solution. For shooting high dynamic range spheres etc. .

Canon has the magic latern Firmware, which can set the exposure value up to +-10ev.

Any suggestions?

Best regards from germany

Micha

• Super Members
42 minutes ago, Michael Skoz said:

Hey wizards,

im interested in "Auto Brackets" and changing or setting up the exposure from +-3 ev to a higher Number like +-7ev or +-9ev.

I can go manualy and change it everytime by hand, but there must be an better solution. For shooting high dynamic range spheres etc. .

Canon has the magic latern Firmware, which can set the exposure value up to +-10ev.

Any suggestions?

Best regards from germany

Micha

If you are OK with this being done from an Android app then its not a massive deal.

You'd have to set the base exposure in manual mode from the app but as long as the calculated brackets don't exceed the particular camera's preset shutter speeds (possible with those sorts of ranges) then it will be OK.

• Super Members
4 hours ago, Michael Skoz said:

wow! Dude! How? impressive, i would try it? If this really going well, then u should go public with it! 

Its integrated into one of my test apps in another thread.

But give me an hour or so as I want to write a standalone version.

I'll update here when its done.