Would You Perhaps Be Interested In A Different GX80/85 Colour Profile???

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 5/25/2017 at 3:46 AM, BTM_Pix said:

So, as some of you may know, I've been "experimenting" with having little chats with different Panasonic cameras over WiFi and after whispering in the GX80s ear last night, I may have come up with something quite interesting.

The first image is a grab from a GX80 using its Standard profile.

The second image is a grab from a GX80 that is definitely not using the Standard profile.......

Actually bought a used GX85 because of the capability you gave the camera to shoot in Cine-D. Decided to get it as a B-cam to my GH4 and they match well in post with the GH4's Cine-D.

Thank You, BTM_Pix.

On 7/4/2017 at 7:20 AM, BTM_Pix said:

EDIT >>>>>

OK

After harvesting commands, I can confirm that as I suspected it is game over for VLOG on the GX80/85.

You all owe me £3.99 for that discovery ;)

@BTM_Pix Do you, or does anyone else, know if it's possible to get 16-235 luminance recording on the gx85? I followed the steps for the basic cine profiles and it worked fine, what would I need to do to check for 16-235? Many thanks!

On 7/4/2017 at 7:20 AM, BTM_Pix said:

EDIT >>>>>

OK

After harvesting commands, I can confirm that as I suspected it is game over for VLOG on the GX80/85.

You all owe me £3.99 for that discovery ;)

Can you upload the commands that you harvested or point me to them if they're already uploaded? Thanks!

• Super Members

Its an inoperative command so won't yield you anything 

But its 

http://192.168.54.1/cam.cgi?mode=setsetting&type=colormode&value=vlog_gamma

3 hours ago, Nathan Gabriel said:

@BTM_Pix Do you, or does anyone else, know if it's possible to get 16-235 luminance recording on the gx85? I followed the steps for the basic cine profiles and it worked fine, what would I need to do to check for 16-235? Many thanks!

No, this is set internally in the camera and not by app control so there isn't an external command for it.

Thanks @BTM_Pix!  I now have CineLike D on my GX85!  Would it be possible to unlock or add the ability to shoot in the 4:3 aspect ratio in 24p 4K?  The camera only allows 16:9.  I can shoot video in 4:3 using the 4K Burst (S/S) mode, but that's 30p.  I'd like to use my 2X anamorphic attachment using the 4:3 aspect ratio.  

On 6/10/2017 at 5:17 PM, Georgios said:

@ibd

Interesting!

So you managed to have unlimited recording to your European gx80 switching it to Australian region?(without 4k-30p)

... To finally come back to this: Nope, it is not possible to get unlimited recording on the European GX85. You can select a region when resetting the camera, however all of the regions only offer 4k @ 25 fps, limited to 29m 59s recording time. Thus, it is better to stay in "no region" mode to at least keep the 30 fps.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31.5.2017 at 2:36 PM, BTM_Pix said:

Just been asked to leave John Lewis midway through hacking their LX15.

Was able to handshake it and fake the connection but they pounced as I was about to hit Deploy!

I'd already set the alarm off doing their GX800. Status on that was that it took the Deploy command without error but called up the Standard profile.However, the lighting in their was so poor and I had to be so quick that I wasn't able to do full compares to the real Standard profile to see if it was actually Cinelike D. 

So file that one under potentially possibly maybe until I have another opportunity. 

I'm intrigued by getting it on to their small cameras, particularly the travel zoom ones.

Did anyone try this under better circumstances?
The GX800 would be a great (= small & cheap) cam to shoot 4k24 from a small gimbal. 

I told my girlfriend that I'll buy her a camera so she can practice photography, while sharing my lenses (GH5). Secretly I actually want to buy a dedicated camera for my Crane so I don't have to take the GH5 out of a cage/handheld rig. With the GX800 being so light, I could use a quick release and the 14mm f/2.5 lens and still downgrade to the smaller Crane-M. If it does Cine-D would be amazing, but I guess I could also settle for Natural.

Really love what you're doing @BTM_Pix , stuff like this makes me wish I had paid more attention in university :grimace:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi to All,

I wrote a script to fast enable/disable Cinelike for gx80-85 in IOS (iphone or Ipad)

Link for script https://workflow.is/workflows/ee3e045edbea4a79bec648e31e7d2a07 (Download Workflow App before)

In attachment a Video Tutorial to use it

I hope can be useful

AD84C80E-8445-4169-BB78-633CB561CE69.MP4

or link https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6F1iXrslVvha0dXMXdPU0hhLW8

On 20/07/2017 at 2:36 PM, ibd said:

... To finally come back to this: Nope, it is not possible to get unlimited recording on the European GX85. You can select a region when resetting the camera, however all of the regions only offer 4k @ 25 fps, limited to 29m 59s recording time. Thus, it is better to stay in "no region" mode to at least keep the 30 fps.

Do you have the link in hand with the button sequence to enter this mode (I've lost the link)? Will try to convert my GX85 to EU framerates for a trip (and avoid light flickering).

1 hour ago, Márcio Kabke Pinheiro said:

Do you have the link in hand with the button sequence to enter this mode (I've lost the link)? Will try to convert my GX85 to EU framerates for a trip (and avoid light flickering).

Power OFF camera.

Put dial at "P" mode and and "single shoot".

Press Disp. + AF/AE + Right cursor (keep pressing all together while powering ON.

Press playback button

Press and keep pressing AF/AE + UP cursor.

Power OFF.

Power ON camera.

Now you have to be in service mode.

You must see an exclamation symbol when power off.

Then to  restoring/changing region follow this:

Power ON

Same P and single shoot mode.

Press and keep on pressing Set (center menu key) + Righ cursor

Power OFF the camera

• 5 weeks later...