Would You Perhaps Be Interested In A Different GX80/85 Colour Profile???

BTM_Pix

So it's definitely doing something on the Panasonic lx100ii. Hard to tell if it's doing what it's supposed to. Final Cut Pro X reads the footage as HLG 2020. It seems like the saturation is cranked up to 11. I did this side by side test with standard mode. There is a lot more dynamic range in the shadows. I pulled the mid tones up beyond the sliders after using the HDR tools to remap the colorspace to standard. Also, I had to save HLG as a custom C2 because it locks the shutter speed to 1/100 or less and no other Photo Styles are selectable. So I'm not sure how useable this mode is. But, there's definitely something interesting going on. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 3:36 PM, BTM_Pix said:

Its definitely doing something.

But, yeah, whether that something is useful is another matter!

I'm still playing around with what I can activate on the LX1002, but I'm stuck on getting the regular video modes back. Restore works to reset picture profiles but the camera video mode will stick in MOV or 100mbit shooting mode with no way to alter those in camera or from the HTML file. Is there way to restore the video shooting modes? I have filled up my C1-3 with HLG HD, HLG 24k and 100mps60p so I can't use those modes to "reset" the camera.

• Super Members
20 minutes ago, Shane said:

I'm still playing around with what I can activate on the LX1002, but I'm stuck on getting the regular video modes back. Restore works to reset picture profiles but the camera video mode will stick in MOV or 100mbit shooting mode with no way to alter those in camera or from the HTML file. Is there way to restore the video shooting modes? I have filled up my C1-3 with HLG HD, HLG 24k and 100mps60p so I can't use those modes to "reset" the camera.

You just need to send it a format that it understands and it will restore the correct menus.

So when you are connected to the camera type any one of these into a browser :

http://192.168.54.1/cam.cgi?mode=setsetting&type=videoquality&value=avchd_50p_28mbps

http://192.168.54.1/cam.cgi?mode=setsetting&type=videoquality&value=avchd_50i_17mbps

http://192.168.54.1/cam.cgi?mode=setsetting&type=videoquality&value=mp4_25p_100mbps_4k

If you aren't in a PAL region then use these ones instead :

http://192.168.54.1/cam.cgi?mode=setsetting&type=videoquality&value=avchd_60p_28mbps

http://192.168.54.1/cam.cgi?mode=setsetting&type=videoquality&value=avchd_60i_17mbps

http://192.168.54.1/cam.cgi?mode=setsetting&type=videoquality&value=mp4_30p_100mbps_4k

5 hours ago, lebigmac said:

Has anybody dared to perform the gx80/85 firmware update and can say if the Cinelike-mode is still possible?

I can confirm that it does not erase Cine D after update. I can also confirm that the camera can still load Cine D, Cine V and .MOV commands from @BTM_Pix's html file. Though the GX85 firmware update seems really minor. The other cameras got better updates.

• Super Members
16 minutes ago, Shane said:

I can confirm that it does not erase Cine D after update. I can also confirm that the camera can still load Cine D, Cine V and .MOV commands from @BTM_Pix's html file. Though the GX85 firmware update seems really minor. The other cameras got better updates.

Did you get your file formats back with those commands that I posted last night ?

1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

Did you get your file formats back with those commands that I posted last night ?

Yes. The NTSC versions worked. THANKS. I'm still tinkering with the LX1002. Still trying to figure out if I'm getting real HLG. From what I've seen on the internet I should be able to pull back some highlight info with HLG, but the files that I get the highlights seem to be gone. Lots of saturation and lots of shadow information. Also, I hit one video mode that seemed to work but the saved file was mush. I've been flipping through so many variations that I don't remember which one it was. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, new to the forum and thread. Just received my GX85 from amazon. Got a killer BF deal, the gx85 kit with the 12-32mm and the 45-150mm for $350!!! Anyway, first thing I did was the CineD mod, because that's all i shoot in with my GH5. After successfully enabling it i came across some cool little tricks. I'm not entirely sure if this has been mentioned or not in the thread, i haven't read the entire thing yet.

Once you upload the CineD profile to the camera, go into the photo style menu (where you adjust contrast, sharpness and all the other stuff.) Once in that menu, adjust any of the values at least one click up or down, I run -5 contrast and saturation so I changed those. After you have those values changed, either tap the screen where it says "DISP. Save" or hit the display button. It will ask you if you want to save the profile as the custom slot. Select yes, and WALA, you will now have CineD on the custom slot, along with all of the original color profiles as well. It still remains nameless, but it is select-able through the menu now WITHOUT having to save it to a custom slot. You can also take photos in this mode if you move from video back to picture.

Another thing i noticed is that the camera is actually recording the profile as CineD. If you view a photo or video in the cameras playback screens and hit the display button you will see all of the settings used for the shot, along with the color profile stating "CineD" I took some photos and will try to upload them to show ya'll. @BTM_Pix Thank you for the awesome trick! I can't wait to start seeing what kind of quality i can squeeze out of this little guy as my B cam to my GH5.

Here is a link to my google drive where you can see some pictures i took to show what I'm talking about, i can't figure out how to attach them to the post

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EozP2hV88SOwGOfSfRb5rPvvq7ddut3j

• 4 weeks later...

This might have been covered in one of the posts in this thread but...

I'm getting conflicting info on whether the Gx85 has unlimited recording or not. I'm in need of a C cam and I figured it'd fit in nicely with my GH5 and G85, especially given the price, but if it has the recording limit its not good for my work. 

I know the GX80 has the limit, and I know that the B & H specs say it has the 30 minute limit, but some videos and forum posts I've read say it doesn't. 

????

5 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

This might have been covered in one of the posts in this thread but...

I'm getting conflicting info on whether the Gx85 has unlimited recording or not. I'm in need of a C cam and I figured it'd fit in nicely with my GH5 and G85, especially given the price, but if it has the recording limit its not good for my work. 

I know the GX80 has the limit, and I know that the B & H specs say it has the 30 minute limit, but some videos and forum posts I've read say it doesn't. 

????

Just for others interested in this (but perhaps the European version, the gx80) let me tell you the recording specs as they aren’t all the same as you may expect..

All MP4

4k 25p = 29m59s

4k 24p = 29m59s

1080 50p = 20m20s*

1080 25p = 27m09s*

* I really don’t know why 1080p gives shorter recording times. I find it quite annoying when doing interviews.

1 hour ago, newfoundmass said:

Yeah I know the European one has the limit. I'm in the US though. 

I’m aware of that.

I thought i was being clear that I was talking to other people interested in the European model who might assume they get 30 mins continuous recording in all main settings when they don’t.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Super Members
24 minutes ago, Jeff1906 said:

Hi BTM Mix

Would speak with you about an old post about Hardware Lumix Picture Setting Controller

How is it possible

jean-francoislebosse(at) wanadoo(dot)fr

This one you mean ?

What do you need to know ?

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry if this specific issue has already been brought up (and maybe even solved), but I'm curious if it's possible through this html code to get the GX85 to record MP4 at 1080 24p.  I understand this format is available in AVCHD, but I prefer working with MP4 files.  And it drives me crazy that the GX85 only offers 24p in 4k, not 1080.  My clients don't need 4k products, and my workflow is not optimized for 4k files, so I have to downscale them or create proxies, which is always a waste of time.

Before anyone replies with "maybe you should just use the AVCHD files", understand that yeah, you're probably right.  But I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

• 2 months later...