Would You Perhaps Be Interested In A Different GX80/85 Colour Profile???

BTM_Pix

16 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

And if the html version works, then I've done a new version of the app with the handshake and connect functions split up in case it is a timing issue.

Just delete the old one and install this.

That works ? (it seems to need a couple of cycles of handshake and connect button pressing though). Once it's connected, the camera LCD will occasionally say it's not connected to the app, but it carries on working OK i.e. accepting commands from the app.

Basically, on the G9 it looks like the 'mov' equivalents of the 'mp4' settings work, so you can have LPCM audio instead of AAC in the files. Also some high bitrate .mov versions of 1080p work e.g. 50 Mbps and 100 Mbps (but 72 Mbps locked up the camera - had to remove the battery...).

Tried various 10bit, cinema 4k and anamorphic 4k settings - mostly they are ignored when you send them (or they select an AVCHD mode). In one case it did record a file (and Mediainfo said it was 10 bit 4:2:2 AVC1) but the video was just black. So conclusion so far is that the G9 won't do 10 bit, c4k or a4k.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
1 hour ago, ac6000cw said:

That works ? (it seems to need a couple of cycles of handshake and connect button pressing though). Once it's connected, the camera LCD will occasionally say it's not connected to the app, but it carries on working OK i.e. accepting commands from the app.

Basically, on the G9 it looks like the 'mov' equivalents of the 'mp4' settings work, so you can have LPCM audio instead of AAC in the files. Also some high bitrate .mov versions of 1080p work e.g. 50 Mbps and 100 Mbps (but 72 Mbps locked up the camera - had to remove the battery...).

Tried various 10bit, cinema 4k and anamorphic 4k settings - mostly they are ignored when you send them (or they select an AVCHD mode). In one case it did record a file (and Mediainfo said it was 10 bit 4:2:2 AVC1) but the video was just black. So conclusion so far is that the G9 won't do 10 bit, c4k or a4k.

Many thanks for doing this.

Unless you have something else running in the background on the phone that is trying to use the wifi intermittently for updates (email etc) then my guess regarding the connection issues are that they've implemented a keep alive watchdog like they have in the Leicas which I had to implement. Not really worth it for a prodding app like this but certainly good to know for "other" projects.

I don't know enough about the spec of the G9 to know if the higher bitrate 1080p and PCM audio are a win, I'm presuming it doesn't have them already ?

Did the HLG profile work by the way?

27 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

I don't know enough about the spec of the G9 to know if the higher bitrate 1080p and PCM audio are a win, I'm presuming it doesn't have them already ?

The G9 has only low bitrates in HD. Maybe now it has legit 100mbit in HD. Cheapest Lumix with 100 and 200mbit would be the GH4. Did anyone have the opportunity to test the 100mbit on the GX9? How did it turn out? Would be great to film something in rather rash conditons and compare, doing a stress test in grading.

1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

It only does LPCM audio with 4k50p & 4k60p  (MP4) - all other modes are AAC (for MP4) or AC3 (for AVCHD).

Apart from product differentiation (especially now that the G9 is significantly cheaper than the GH5), I suspect Panasonic wanted to keep the video choices simple on what is supposed to be a stills-oriented camera, hence no LPCM versus AAC choices, or high-bitrate (50/100 Mbps) FHD.

For what I do, I normally use either FHD 50p or 4k50p, so 50 Mbps FHD with LPCM is probably the most attractive extra/hidden option.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello
I'm new here in the forum
I have a Panasonic GX85 and I really enjoyed installing the Cine D profile
I tried all the attachments on this 33 page post and none worked. Always returns error al clicking handshack, saying it is not possible to access the page (http://192.168.54.1).
Can anyone help?

Sorry english is not my native language

AJorge

• Super Members
4 hours ago, Armando Jorge said:

Hello
I'm new here in the forum
I have a Panasonic GX85 and I really enjoyed installing the Cine D profile
I tried all the attachments on this 33 page post and none worked. Always returns error al clicking handshack, saying it is not possible to access the page (http://192.168.54.1).
Can anyone help?

Sorry english is not my native language

AJorge

Use the one from this post

It has a separate Handshake and Connect function so will be more reliable if there is a timing issue.

Use o desta postagem

Possui uma função Handshake e Connect separada, portanto, será mais confiável se houver um problema de tempo.

Thanks for the answer BTM
I just want to install the Cine Like D profile
I tried the previous method again, but it stops for this message "ok,GX80-468E59,remote,encrypted" and does not advance
What can I do?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there
I am also new to the forum. BTM pix thank you so much for assisting everyone.
I have used the explained steps. When I wifi connect and handshake, it works and shows:

ok,LX15-D4CDAF,remote,encrypted

Then, when I try connect: 

"under remote control" appears on my camera screen, but the html shows:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<camrply>

<result>ok</result>

</camrply>

The custom mode does not change and just remains the standard one..

Could you help me with this :)

This is the html I used: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IchKMwIzrUx4kpHfYOibu2BK_ESdHOUu/view

On 9/4/2019 at 6:50 AM, Armando Jorge said:

Thanks for the answer BTM
I tried LumixVideoFormats-2.apk, but hanshake didn't work either
I tried the previous method again, but it stops for this message "ok,GX80-468E59,remote,encrypted" and does not advance, as attached image.

What can I do?

Screenshot 2019-09-04 10.43.12.jpg

Armando, if you have an Android phone, try the Gmonitor app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.minaxsoft.gmonitor (it is free)

With it you can activate the Cinelike D profile easily. After that, save the settings in one of the custom C positions to recall it.

(asking for license to help him in Portuguese, probably only @Emanuel will understand it too :) )

Armando, se você possuir um telefone Android, tente o app Gmonitor (link está acima).

Com ele você consegue ativar o perfil Cinelike D com facilidade. Após ativar, salve os ajustes em uma das posições "C" da câmera para recuperar o ajuste sem precisar usar o app toda vez.

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2019 at 2:44 PM, BTM_Pix said:

Also, if you come across someone with an LX100 Mark 2 then this app will let us quickly establish if there is anything in there as I now have a sneaking feeling there might be.

I have an LX100 ii but no android device, only iOS. I used the browser method a while back for Cine D on my GX85. Would that method still work with the LX100ii?

• Super Members
7 hours ago, Shane said:

I have an LX100 ii but no android device, only iOS. I used the browser method a while back for Cine D on my GX85. Would that method still work with the LX100ii?

Yes, the html file attached to the post below should let you know whether it will take the HLG colour profile.

On 10/30/2019 at 1:43 AM, BTM_Pix said:

Yes, the html file attached to the post below should let you know whether it will take the HLG colour profile.

It seemed like I could load Cine D and Cine V from that HTML, as well as start and stop record, 709 like sent the camera to standard mode. The 50p 100mbt mode returned an error (though I'm set up for NTSC not Pal if that makes a difference). I didn't see any option on that html page for HLG profile. Am I missing something? 

• Super Members
19 minutes ago, Shane said:

It seemed like I could load Cine D and Cine V from that HTML, as well as start and stop record, 709 like sent the camera to standard mode. The 50p 100mbt mode returned an error (though I'm set up for NTSC not Pal if that makes a difference). I didn't see any option on that html page for HLG profile. Am I missing something? 

Sorry, I meant 709Like rather than HLG. 

So, 709Like just goes to standard profile but Cine D and V are definitely working ?

After you send Cine D or V, when you go into the Photo Style, how is it displayed ? like an edit of Standard, as Cine D or is it blank (which is what it does on the GX80/85) ?

Sorry, I meant 709Like rather than HLG. 

So, 709Like just goes to standard profile but Cine D and V are definitely working ?

After you send Cine D or V, when you go into the Photo Style, how is it displayed ? like an edit of Standard, as Cine D or is it blank (which is what it does on the GX80/85) ?

Cine D and V show as blank. There's a definite change in the style (though it seems contrasty and dark compared to how Cine D looked on the GX85, so working as in it changed, but possibly not to Cine D/V). 709Like puts the camera in standard. 

Update: I went back and tried some older versions of the html files and the MOV version. I was able to turn on HLG on the LX1002. I can't tell if it's actuall HLG because I've never worked in that mode before. It switched the minimum ISO to 400 but the image seemed two or three stops darker than 709Like (I got that to work by using an older version of your HTML file). I was able to get .MOV record mode as well as 1920x1080 60p 100mbps LPCM LongGOP mode.

• Super Members

It sounds as if it is doing what it did on the original LX100 then where it does the blank name like it does on the GX80/85 but the actual profile is just about the opposite of a flat profile !

With regard to HLG, this video is a side by side of HLG, Cine D and V Log L on the GH5.

I'm guessing from your description, it might be saying its HLG but isn't really ?