Andrew Reid

Panasonic GH5 - all is revealed!

11 hours ago, kye said:

Is this recorded anywhere in metadata that I can search for in my NLE (or even better - in OSX)?

I’ve looked for this before and I haven’t found it. The metadata for video files in particular is just...pathetic.

I wished it saved at least: the name of the lens (if recognized), if it was a VFR video, at least the focal length the video was started at, the aperture it was started at, and shutter speed/angle it was started at.

It makes using features like smart bins / keywords in NLE or using Finder keyword searches useless  

Maybe someone knows more?

UPDATE: Apparently this tool https://sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/ will allow you to see this metadata but for some reason I don't see this in Finder or in Final Cut Pro or Davinci.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 10/11/2019 at 10:47 AM, Vision said:

It really shines in capable hands 👏 

Thank you!

Made this the other day. Shot in HLG using the leica 12-60 and a few shots with sigma 18-35. Graded it with filmconvert nitrate in Premiere Pro and I am not kidding when I say it only took ten minutes for the grade. Very impressive plugin.

2 hours ago, BjornT said:

Thank you!

Made this the other day. Shot in HLG using the leica 12-60 and a few shots with sigma 18-35. Graded it with filmconvert nitrate in Premiere Pro and I am not kidding when I say it only took ten minutes for the grade. Very impressive plugin.

wait what, fuck me, I use FC too but mine doesn't look that good after ten minutes :( 

1 hour ago, Adam Kuźniar said:

wait what, fuck me, I use FC too but mine doesn't look that good after ten minutes :( 

Do you have the new one, Filmconvert Nitrate? First I use lumetri to white balance and then nitrate underneath. With filmconvert I never got as good results in Premiere but with Nitrate I'm much happier.

On 10/18/2019 at 2:06 PM, BjornT said:

Thank you!

Very impressive results..  nice work!

Any chance of sharing an ungraded still with us?  I'm curious to see what the plugin is doing :) 

6 hours ago, kye said:

Very impressive results..  nice work!

Any chance of sharing an ungraded still with us?  I'm curious to see what the plugin is doing :) 

Picture 1 is raw, picture 2 is filmconvert nitrate applied with 5207 stock (only adjustment is grain turned off), picture 3 is nitrate with lumetri color applied before filmconvert. Used white balance color picker to white balance off her top.

Shot in HLG 4K with a tiffen black satin 1 filter and slr magic variable nd filter attached. 5600k in camera. GH5 and HLG profile picked in filmconvert obviously.

1st Cut.00_00_09_23.Still003.jpg

1st Cut.00_00_09_23.Still004.jpg

1st Cut.00_00_09_23.Still005.jpg

9 hours ago, BjornT said:

Picture 1 is raw, picture 2 is filmconvert nitrate applied with 5207 stock (only adjustment is grain turned off), picture 3 is nitrate with lumetri color applied before filmconvert. Used white balance color picker to white balance off her top.

Shot in HLG 4K with a tiffen black satin 1 filter and slr magic variable nd filter attached. 5600k in camera. GH5 and HLG profile picked in filmconvert obviously.

1st Cut.00_00_09_23.Still004.jpg

mind sharing your lumetri adjustments ? 

1 hour ago, Adam Kuźniar said:

mind sharing your lumetri adjustments ? 

All I did with lumetri was white balance with the white balance picker of the white in her top. 

5 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

@BjornT Cool video! Beautiful colors! Awesome performers too! Who are they?

Thanks! The performers were part of a photography meetup in Berlin organized by Beazy.

Interesting.  Here's my manual attempt to replicate the grade.

Original:

My manual grade:

921067901_Kyetry1_1.3.1.thumb.jpg.7e47d324118cb31ba602c2a1296a32f3.jpg

Grade from @BjornT with Filmconvert etc:

Some of the colours aren't quite right, but it's broadly there.

I'll do a write-up in the Grading thread about what the adjustments are.

2 hours ago, kye said:

Interesting.  Here's my manual attempt to replicate the grade.

Original:

My manual grade:

921067901_Kyetry1_1.3.1.thumb.jpg.7e47d324118cb31ba602c2a1296a32f3.jpg

Grade from @BjornT with Filmconvert etc:

Some of the colours aren't quite right, but it's broadly there.

I'll do a write-up in the Grading thread about what the adjustments are.

Nice! Very close. Done in Resolve or Lumetri?

2 hours ago, BjornT said:

Nice! Very close. Done in Resolve or Lumetri?

Resolve.  Sorry, should have mentioned that.  Check out the link to the other thread with the description of the adjustments :)