The 4K Fuji X-T2 is here

Mattias Burling

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
48 minutes ago, dsp_418 said:

New video after firmware update:

Looks good but I think I see what people mean by the jerky motion cadence. It doesn't look like a shutter speed thing it legit looks like its dropping frames ! Hopefully this gets fixed and quick cause the color is gorgeous

21 hours ago, dsp_418 said:

New video after firmware update:

Interesting rolling shutter. It looks like Fuji is Convinced they can fight the A6300's (in)famous rolling shutter (since they share apparently the same sensor). Also, I suspect Sony shortchanged them regarding the fabrication of the sensor or some other bits of it (therefore higher voltage for higher framerates in burst modes, or maybe that is a trick that Fuji conjured up?).

Also, this particular video looks very videoish. Almost like it was shot on a handycam or something  (maybe they should have graded it a little).

Hello, 

Sorry if that was answered before, but I am still confused about the recording time limits of Fijufilm X-T2. I guess I am terrible at finding stuff...  

so 10mins for recording (without battery grip).  Is it all that battery can give or is it just the time limit after which overheating starts to kick in? so basically the one can record a bunch of 1 to 3 mins video clips and get lets say 30 mins of footage or is it 10 mins and that's it, the one has to swap the battery. This question might sound silly, but just to be sure on things you know. :) This X-T2 looks very interesting, basically it is what I wished Sony a6300 was from the ergonomics side of things. Fujifilm bodies I had a chance to try were very well designed and with decent video features it sure looks very attractive for a guy who does both photo and video stuff. 

officially 10 min is the maximum you will be able to do in one piece without battery grip. In practice you will probably be able to shoot a couple of 10 min clips, as long as you are not in the Sahara and direct sunlight. (from what I have seen/heard with the battery grip you can run as long as the SD cards/batteries allow. Clips will be limited to 30 min) 

19 hours ago, frontfocus said:

officially 10 min is the maximum you will be able to do in one piece without battery grip. In practice you will probably be able to shoot a couple of 10 min clips, as long as you are not in the Sahara and direct sunlight. (from what I have seen/heard with the battery grip you can run as long as the SD cards/batteries allow. Clips will be limited to 30 min) 

Thank you very much for your reply! 

Nice video, the XT-2 is shaping up as a similar, if not better deal than the a6300. Their lens selection is pretty sweet and is nice to see Fuji entering the fray with a great camera for both photo and video shooters. Now the only thing missing is a good IBIS as most of their lenses are not stabilized for video.

The content of this video has nothing to do with fuji X_T2, but apparently it was filmed with one. Good oportunity to see how it works under low light circunstances. The photographer explain some details about the camera in his blog post:  http://blamethemonkey.com/video-tutorial-shooting-and-raw-processing-workflow-with-adobe-lightroom-mobile

• Administrators

I am going off this camera a bit.

GH5 is just around the corner.

1.75x crop on the X-T2 in 4K not my cup of tea.

No stabilisation or full Canon EF lens compatibility. GH5 has both - and with Speed Booster XL, crop goes to 1.28x.

Better to wait for the GH5? I think so.

Plus it will probably do very good high frame rate slow-mo.

X-T2 has nothing past 60p.