COVID19 Kibosh

fuzzynormal

16 hours ago, mercer said:

He is a piece of work. But as a word of advice. There is a tone, not specifically directed at you, but there is a tone in the left-leaning media reporting and in statements from the anti-Trump crowd that they'd like to see him fail on some level.

For instance, the media was more interested in his impeachment trial than covering the early spread of Covid-19. And as soon as that exercise in futility ended, the media moved onto how the Trump Administration failed with their early response to the Covid-19 outbreak.

It is an interesting thought experiment to ponder:

What if there had never been an impeachment??

The media would need to have found a different news story to hype up instead to fill up their pages and air time. 

I bet the media's coverage and intensity of the Wuhan Virus would have started a lot earlier than it did in the USA.

And nobody is impervious to political pressure! 

Not even Trump! (as much as he pretends he totally ignores "the fake news", even Trump takes heed of what people are saying if enough people say it often enough and loud enough)

Thus, is it possible that just maaaybe Trump might have acted strongly a week or three earlier in response to the Wuhan Virus if everyone hadn't been preoccupied with the impeachment media storm for months on end??? Hmmmm

I've no idea! But you've got to wonder??

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
51 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

I think you'd need to be a little oblivious of the recent news to not be aware of what @sanveer is saying? (not meaning to imply I agree with him, but I at least understand the perspective he is coming from)

For instance, here are the top two results I got for "China" when I searched Google from the news just now, major headline stories from big mainstream news sites:

Trump angers Beijing with 'Chinese virus' tweet
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-51928011

Trump sparks anger by calling coronavirus the 'Chinese virus'
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/17/trump-calls-covid-19-the-chinese-virus-as-rift-with-coronavirus-beijing-escalates

There are countless more like this that have been published just in the past 24hrs or so:

Trump tweets about coronavirus using term 'Chinese Virus'
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/trump-tweets-about-coronavirus-using-term-chinese-virus-n1161161
Trump’s ‘Chinese Virus’ Tweet Adds Fuel to Fire With Beijing
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-17/trump-s-chinese-virus-tweet-adds-fuel-to-fire-with-beijing
China to Pompeo: Stop Calling It the ‘Wuhan Virus’
https://www.thedailybeast.com/china-tells-pompeo-to-stop-calling-coronavirus-covid-19-wuhan-virus
Trump Roundly Condemned for Divisive ‘Chinese Virus’ Tweet
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-roundly-condemned-for-divisive-chinese-virus-tweet
Trump called it the 'Wuhan coronavirus' for a legal — and commonsensical — reason
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/487931-trump-called-it-the-wuhan-coronavirus-for-a-legal-and-commonsensical

China has a big cover up and propaganda machine that's trying to save face for starting the corona virus.

You are 100% correct about CNN and the other news outlets not covering the virus when they should have.  Everyone not in the U.S. can take a seat and worry about there own country where they live or are from.

We have a enough to worry about without funny men telling people they don't have a right to speak about the country they're a citizen of. 

This thread had turned into less of a discussion on the Corona Virus/Covid-19 Outbreak/Epidemic/Pandemic and more of guys having their periods (we're a hundred times worse than the women, and we don't even have biology to support our behavior).

They should probably hand out male sanitary napkins along with face masks and testing kits, to help everyone calm their t!ts.

I don't care about anyone whining or spewing vitriolic in disagreement with me, someone who hasn't or cannot read newspapers or watch the news and is drowned in his political bullshit of a viewpoint, or someone generally frustrated with life and everything in it. It reminds me of college when some office staff worker pushed me and I punched him in retaliation  (I am very rarely provoked). I was taken to the principal who asked the guy why he was misbehaving. When he said his mother died the precious evening, I asked him why he came to work instead of being at her funeral/cremation, and there was this strange silence. He got his leave and the principal apologised to me. Long story short, if your life is completely screwed up and the world is getting screwed too, stop spreading the rabid vitriolic. Everyone already has enough on their plates. And quite frankly nobody gives a flying f that your life is sad or you're planning to jump off a 100 floor building. Right now, sensible people are keeping themselves away from infections, stocking up essentials, and having a few backup plans.

People in the world dying and there is who is interested in a pissing contest with strangers to keep insulting on internet. There are no borders, the issue crosses them. The fictional maps didn't protect anyone of international crisis before, with or without "national" media coverage, go figure today. Bubble burst.

No need media or whoever to distort fact-based content. Facts remain facts.

• Super Members
10 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

The contrast between Macron's handling of this in France yesterday and Johnson's in the UK couldn't have been more stark.

While Macron offers up a €300 Billion aid package and vows that no company will be left to go bankrupt, Johnson tells everyone not to go to pubs, restaurants, theatres etc but doesn't enforce their closure thereby leaving them unable to claim on their insurance and dooming them to bankruptcy.

The UK Government has just stepped up to the plate with a similar financial aid package, pledging 15% of the UK's GDP to bridge gaps.

I'm sure there will be some devil in the details (particularly for one man band self employed people) but on the surface this is will come as a huge relief for millions of people affected.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51935467

Good news to people with immunization trouble, only asthmatics may have a special concern:

(in Spanish)

https://www.seaic.org/inicio/sala-de-prensa/enfermedades-alergicas-y-covid-19.html

30 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

The UK Government has just stepped up to the plate with a similar financial aid package, pledging 15% of the UK's GDP to bridge gaps.

I'm sure there will be some devil in the details (particularly for one man band self employed people) but on the surface this is will come as a huge relief for millions of people affected.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51935467

Very likely. Well, no islands in this world anymore.

30 minutes ago, John Matthews said:

1) Perspective

image.thumb.png.a08bb6e1363b5033ad72d93283eb2f97.png

The world population in 1300 AD was between 360 and 432 million. If 200 million were wiped out by the plague, Europe would be completely empty (since the majority of its victims were Europeans). It did take Europe apparently 200 years to get back to its original population (or population growth trajectory), but the figures are growly exaggerated. Europe probably didn't have 200 million inhabitants during that period. 

9 minutes ago, sanveer said:

The world population in 1300 AD was between 360 and 432 million. If 200 million were wiped out by the plague, Europe would be completely empty (since the majority of its victims were Europeans). It did take Europe apparently 200 years to get back to its original population (or population growth trajectory), but the figures are growly exaggerated. Europe probably didn't have 200 million inhabitants during that period. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death

"200 million" is an estimation over multiple waves... not all at once. That would be similar to AIDS that stretched multiple generations. Still, I think the graph helps a person visualise what's going on. When COVID-19 is all said and done, it'll only be a blip on this info-gram- probably less than 1 million deaths, but it's still too early to tell.

1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

People in the world dying and there is who is interested in a pissing contest with strangers to keep insulting on internet. There are no borders, the issue crosses them. The fictional maps didn't protect anyone of international crisis before with or without "national" media coverage, go figure today. Bubble burst.

No need media or whoever to distort content. Facts remain facts.

Just standing up for my rights and defending my opinion.  Everyone has a right to speak up for the country they are citizens of.  The media did distort the facts when they didn't report them.  CNN is obsessed with everything but the news.  Do a quick search on You Tube and you'll see what and when they reported about the virus.  The media failed us and so have people of the world who can't step out of their political lines. You are the greatest example.  Instead of offer help and support you constantly criticize people for not being the model citizen that you expect.

1 minute ago, John Matthews said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death

"200 million" is an estimation over multiple waves... not all at once. That would be similar to AIDS that stretched multiple generations. Still, I think the graph helps a person visualise what's going on. When COVID-19 is all said and done, it'll only be a blip on this info-gram- probably less than 1 million deaths, but it's still too early to tell.

No way it's taking out 1 million people. Where are you getting this doom and gloom from? CNN I take it?

How many deaths in China? In Singapore?

• Super Members
37 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Very likely. Well, no islands in this world anymore.

Sadly, even today, the zealots are trying to make some Brexit capital out of the crisis so the lunatic isolationist project is still very much in play.

407221623_ScreenShot2020-03-17at19_22_05.png.7d913160834d977e28f5e29daa30f4da.png

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-brexit-dominic-raab-uk-cuba-foreign-secretary-a9406736.html

18 minutes ago, Super8 said:

Just standing up for my rights and defending my opinion.  Everyone has a right to speak up for the country they are citizens of.  The media did distort the facts when they didn't report them.  CNN is obsessed with everything but the news.  Do a quick search on You Tube and you'll see what and when they reported about the virus.  The media failed us and so have people of the world who can't step out of their political lines. You are the greatest example.  Instead of offer help and support you constantly criticize people for not being the model citizen that you expect.

People surely have freedom of speech. My cup of tea since ever : )

Please try to not distort my input for the sake of mutual understanding at least. You see the things much different of me, man, I am not even the political motivated individual type. Politics makes part of the world more than myself.

Don't think I don't care about you. I can feel myself unfairly harassed by you and I still wish you sincerely all the best. If it would depend on me, you'll have the same happiness I hope for me. I am not indifferent to your luck, I am sorry you don't feel it or believe, I see. I refuse to exclude anyone.

18 minutes ago, Super8 said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Posted by me before, no idea if you've noticed it anyway.

13 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

People surely have freedom of speech. My cup of tea since ever : )

Please try to not distort my input for the sake of mutual understanding at least. You see the things much different of me, man, I am not even the political motivated individual type. Politics makes part of the world more than myself.

Don't think I don't care about you. I can feel myself unfairly harassed by you and I still wish you sincerely all the best. If it would depend on me, you'll have the same happiness I hope for me. I am not indifferent to your luck, I am sorry you don't feel it or believe, I see. I refuse to exclude anyone.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Posted by me before, no idea if you've noticed it anyway.

I noticed the link you posted but you don't comprehend what you pass along as information. I was posting about the person that said the corona virus would take out a million people.  You might want to pay attention to the post you're replying to.

31 minutes ago, Super8 said:

No way it's taking out 1 million people. Where are you getting this doom and gloom from? CNN I take it?

If you read what I wrote, it was "less than 1 million". I don't have a TV and I don't watch the boob tube as my grandpa used to say... it makes you dumb!

It might be closer to a million than you think though. It's just too soon to really know. It all depends on how over-saturated hospitals get and how governments can handle it. Obviously, China and Singapore handled it well... no telling what other governments are capable of.

4 minutes ago, John Matthews said:

If you read what I wrote, it was "less than 1 million". I don't have a TV and I don't watch the boob tube as my grandpa used to say... it makes you dumb!

It might be closer to a million than you think though. It's just too soon to really know. It all depends on how over-saturated hospitals get and how governments can handle it. Obviously, China and Singapore handled it well... no telling what other governments are capable of.

People get the news from the internet.  What's your source is what i was asking?  China did not handle it well and that was my point.  China handled it as bad as could be and it wasn't as bad as you're predicting.

1 minute ago, Super8 said:

People news and reference come from the internet.  What's your source is what i was asking?  China did not handle it well and that was my point.  China handled it as bad as could be and it wasn't as bad as you're predicting.

China handled it very poorly in the beginning and stepped up their game in the lock-down phase. Also they built "hospitals" in two days. The US and Europe are doing better? I seriously doubt it. Again, my source was this:

uovA11J.jpg.8eda6d7affaa516cfd4207b7357b3b2c.jpg

Do you have better information than the American Hospital Association? I would love to see it! Again, I said "less than 1 million".

You mean the hospitals that collapsed?  Keep loving China when they are the origin of this.  Do some research and then think.

Also, China isn't reporting real numbers now and have pulled back how much they're testing.

I don't think the previous 2 months of data support that graphic. 

9 minutes ago, John Matthews said:

China handled it very poorly in the beginning and stepped up their game in the lock-down phase. Also they built "hospitals" in two days. The US and Europe are doing better? I seriously doubt it. Again, my source was this:

uovA11J.jpg.8eda6d7affaa516cfd4207b7357b3b2c.jpg

Do you have better information than the American Hospital Association? I would love to see it! Again, I said "less than 1 million".

"On one slide, James Lawler, MD, an associate professor University of Nebraska Medical Center, estimated the effect of the virus' nationwide spread. He predicted 96 million cases overall, 4.8 million hospitalizations and 480,000 deaths. The slide does not mention a time frame within which this may happen."

Researched you slide graphic.

On the page this was presented someone wrote this in the comments.

"China, where COVID-19 is winding down has had less than 3,500 deaths, and the USA will have close to half million? Really?"

19 minutes ago, Super8 said:

"On one slide, James Lawler, MD, an associate professor University of Nebraska Medical Center, estimated the effect of the virus' nationwide spread. He predicted 96 million cases overall, 4.8 million hospitalizations and 480,000 deaths. The slide does not mention a time frame within which this may happen."

Researched you slide graphic.

On the page this was presented someone wrote this in the comments.

"China, where COVID-19 is winding down has had less than 3,500 deaths, and the USA will have close to half million? Really?"

You didn't read what I said. If COVID-19 caused 1 death and I said it might cause "less than 1 million," I'd be right. Only time will tell what happens. Do you agree with me or not? And do you have better info than extrapolating math? If you do, speak up! I'd love to know. Post it! Please!