COVID19 Kibosh

fuzzynormal

10 minutes ago, mercer said:

You're correct, he didn't use the word hoax. He implied that statistics were "false." I misread. 

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/5/21166031/trump-hannity-coronavirus-who-death-rate

The way the head of the pandemic response team resigned would indicate he was dismissed. No one wants to take responsibility for that, for obvious reasons. 

The rest of what I said is true. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Sorry to ask Glenn @mercer, don't answer as you wish, but in the tone we both of us are used to address to each other in public... are you a Trump supporter? Did you vote on him to President of your country?

I am wondering because I'd say his ideas don't represent America nor your view of life.

Disclaimer: nothing about abortion, Jesus Christ or left vs right wings. I am not even a leftist : -)

So the original post was about film jobs in the COVID outbreak.  So I have a question:  My wife and I are considering doing a crowd-fundraiser for a feature film that's rather inspirational.  It's about animal rescue.  We've been back and forth if this is a good time for such a thing?  On the one hand, there's going to be A LOT of people at home just bouncing around the web, maybe we'd have a good chance at getting more eyeballs on the project that normal.  However, how many people will be in the mood to donate money when the economy is screeching to a halt?

Basic impressions.  What's your gut feeling?  Do-able/not-do-able?

38 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

Fact: They literally fired those in charge of the pandemic response team and disbanded it.

Fact: Trump repeatedly downplayed the crisis as it worsened. He even used words like "hoax." 

Fact: Trump has repeatedly lied and spread disinformation about the disease, our testing ability, and our response efforts. 

Fact: the United States is lagging behind when it comes to being able to test people. 

Read more:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/3/14/21177509/coronavirus-trump-covid-19-pandemic-response

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/487873-trump-fell-asleep-at-switch-as-covid-19-spread

Seriously though, this is dumb. I don't think you really care about reality, so it doesn't make sense to engage you anymore. You're not rational. 

The first test from the CDC did not work and new rapid test were developed. 

Drive thru testing has started and it's all happening.  I wish it happened sooner and wish we all had the protection needed.  You seriously need to go back to the source and look at how this was spread in the hardest hit areas.

You act like test would have slowed down the virus being passed from travelers to and from this country.  Travel to and from the US should have been stopped a month ago and lock down should have been done a month ago. But panic with 10 deaths and 2,000 cases would have been far worse.

You parrot what the news reports but can't understand how people need to be tested and who should be tested.  

4 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

So the original post was about film jobs in the COVID outbreak.  So I have a question:  My wife and I are considering doing a crowd-fundraiser for a feature film that's rather inspirational.  It's about animal rescue.  We've been back and forth if this is a good time for such a thing?  On the one hand, there's going to be A LOT of people at home just bouncing around the web, maybe we'd have a good chance at getting more eyeballs on the project that normal.  However, how many people will be in the mood to donate money when the economy is screeching to a halt?

It's up to you.  I would wait.

2 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Sorry to ask Glenn @mercer, don't answer as you wish, but in the tone we both of us are used to address to each other in public... are you a Trump supporter? Did you vote on him to President of your country?

I am wondering because I'd say his ideas don't represent your America.

Disclaimer: Nothing about abortion, Jesus Christ or left vs right wings. I am not even a leftist : -)

I support the POTUS, like I supported his predecessor. Ideologically, I am a MODERATE Republican/Libertarian. I did vote for President Trump because I couldn't, in good conscience, vote for Hillary Clinton.

6 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

We've just canceled one yesterday and I am in this business of crowdfunding since 2013 with all my projects 100% funded.

Hope this helps,

E : -)

23 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

am wondering because I'd say his ideas don't represent your America.

I must add that I think his ideas are misrepresented and as a whole, my life has changed very little since Trump became POTUS. In fact, monetarily, prior to present events, my wallet has been the best it's been in 13 years. 

1 minute ago, mercer said:

I must add that I think his ideas are misrepresented and as a whole, my life has changed very little since Trump became POTUS. In fact, monetarily, prior to present events, my wallet has been better. 

Because of Trump or worldwide/American economy? ; -)

3 minutes ago, Super8 said:

The first test from the CDC did not work and new rapid test were developed. 

Drive thru testing has started and it's all happening.  I wish it happened sooner and wish we all had the protection needed.  You seriously need to go back to the source and look at how this was spread in the hardest hit areas.

You act like test would have slowed down the virus being passed from travelers to and from this country.  Travel to and from the US should have been stopped a month ago and lock down should have been done a month ago. But panic with 10 deaths and 2,000 cases would have been far worse.

You parrot what the news reports but can't understand how people need to be tested and who should be tested.  

It's up to you.  I would wait.

It does appear to me that the US has been well behind the curve on this virus all along which is disappointing given the amount of advance warning they had.

Today the US announced 1823 new cases which is a 40% increase in cases from the day before (the largest percentage increase of any country.)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Hopefully they will get things back under control quickly...

6 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

I am wondering because I'd say his ideas don't represent America nor your view of life.

Disclaimer: nothing about abortion, Jesus Christ or left vs right wings. I am not even a leftist : -)

America has always supported different political parties but we always live, work, play, hang out, goto concerts, like the same football team, goto church together and love our country together.   That's all it's about and all it's ever been about.

Do me a favor and go watch the political history and elections for the United States.  Both side use the same playbook that was used back in the 60's and 70's.   Both political sides represent America, that includes Obama and Trump. 

5 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

We've just canceled one yesterday and I am in this business of crowdfunding since 2013 with all my projects 100% funded.

Hope this helps,

E : -)

Really? How's that worked out for you? You mean you don't get paid to create?

2 minutes ago, Robert Collins said:

It does appear to me that the US has been well behind the curve on this virus all along which is disappointing given the amount of advance warning they had.

Today the US announced 1823 new cases which is a 40% increase in cases from the day before (the largest percentage increase of any country.)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Hopefully they will get things back under control quickly...

Right.   More test = more cases.  

Don't tell me you can't connect the dots.  The U.S is a state to state controlled country.  And the best country in the world by the way.

22 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

You're correct, he didn't use the word hoax. He implied that statistics were "false." I misread. 

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/5/21166031/trump-hannity-coronavirus-who-death-rate

The way the head of the pandemic response team resigned would indicate he was dismissed. No one wants to take responsibility for that, for obvious reasons. 

The rest of what I said is true. 

You didn't misread HOAX when the word was "false".  C'mon.  You parroted "hoax" from CNN and across the web.

You just proved whay your obsessed with Trmp when you should be worried about the people around your, the town you  live in, etc.  Like I said, leave politics out of what's important and off this forum.

1 minute ago, Super8 said:

Right.   More test = more cases.  

Don't tell me you can't connect the dots.  The U.S is a state to state controlled country.  And the best country in the world by the way.

I get that totally.

But what I mean by behind the curve is - why has it taken the country so long to start testing people in large numbers?

We have known about this virus for quite some time. I live in a 2nd world country - Thailand - but it has been possible for anyone to get a test here, if needed, for well over a month....

2 minutes ago, Robert Collins said:

I get that totally.

But what I mean by behind the curve is - why has it taken the country so long to start testing people in large numbers?

We have known about this virus for quite some time. I live in a 2nd world country - Thailand - but it has been possible for anyone to get a test here, if needed, for well over a month....

I do have that same question.

42 minutes ago, Super8 said:

America has always supported different political parties but we always live, work, play, hang out, goto concerts, like the same football team, goto church together and love our country together.   That's all it's about and all it's ever been about.

Do me a favor and go watch the political history and elections for the United States.  Both side use the same playbook that was used back in the 60's and 70's.   Both political sides represent America, that includes Obama and Trump. 

Before my three academic degrees and two postgraduation programs completed (I am going on my third one now) in two different major fields to also comprehend politics and economics as well, I was used to study American society since I have memory of myself. Avid reader here, no less viewer and observer. Let alone my own experience and contact with.

Something a few Americans don't know is the fact the Republican party was used to be the progressist political party and Democrats were the most conservative wing of North America. U.S.A. was not born in the second half of XX century, not even in the previous one ; )

In any case, Trump is not even a good rep of them. Neither the idea of America, its values and principles. Take a look in someone who said Obama was is President but not Trump (example already referred a few posts back): John McCain.

42 minutes ago, Super8 said:

Really? How's that worked out for you? You mean you don't get paid to create?

Not as producer. We're used to call it forfait, a flat rate. The remainder. Basically, from sales. The last link of the chain to be paid, not from crowdfunding campaigns but copyright or contracts signed between parties to produce the pieces of work to comprehend exploitation too. VOD, most part today.

49 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

My gut guess is this is a bad timing to do crowd funding, on average people are going to have a lot less disposable income right now than they used to. 

1 hour ago, newfoundmass said:

Fact: the United States is lagging behind when it comes to being able to test people. 

Eh, how that graph looks depends on what countries you put on it!

Up until just now, then the USA would've looked really great with how many tests they're doing in comparison to New Zealand! We've been doing waaaaaaaaay less per million people than the USA is doing. 

29 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

My gut guess is this is a bad timing to do crowd funding, on average people are going to have a lot less disposable income right now than they used to. 

And they're worried with the future. Reason why we stopped everything for that matter.

Financial markets are giving excellent open gates anyway. Bonds, FOREX, as for instance. Central banks rates also low today help to make it happen. Good opportunity to invest. From home, online.

Used gear purchases too, as the one you've just opened some hours ago.

3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Yeah.  Agreed, but at the same time we've been building to this moment on the schedule.  Lots of sweat equity leading up to this springtime.  Sunk cost fallacy, maybe?

To wash our hands is too little anyway, must be proactive there. Panic doesn't help, respect to prevent the risk does. Masks the same.

+ control the infection spots with effective public health policies connected with the movement of people into uninfected regions. Politics job. We vote on them for something, isn't it? Not only to charge the taxes. Healthcare staff also need masks to do their work. Should be for everyone. Public health cannot be exclusive but as universal as life is.