COVID19 Kibosh

fuzzynormal

3 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

I'm freaking out but Italy has 60m people.  The outbreaks and mortality rate in the US is not the same in our high populated areas.  We are in basic lock-down right now.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
16 minutes ago, Super8 said:

Why did you say you like China?  You seem to excuse them for any blame.  Why?  They are why this happened. Is this was from the US you would never sleep and shout from your keyboard how bad Trmp is and how Americans aren't real Americans.  You already do most of this.

People like you do not need to look the other way with China.  Remember the post that said we have to remember how we got here?

I don't blame anyone for the subject matter, Chinese or Trump included. I don't approve Trump as President for substantially more than that : ) but I follow the rules of the game. He was not the most voted, the system dictated him as President so I respect him as the one elected. I only know and see America is greater than his practices, much more than that.

I don't believe in theories of conspiracy so I think Chinese have made a good job indeed to control the disease. Not from the beginning but later.

2 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

I don't blame anyone for the subject matter, Chinese or Trump included. I don't approve Trump as President for substantially more than that : ) but I follow the rules of the game. He was not the most voted, the system dictated him as President so I respect him as the one elected. I only know and see America is greater than his practices, much more than that.

I don't believe in theories of conspiracy so I think Chinese have made a good job indeed to control the disease. Not from the beginning but later.

The dishonest handling of the virus in China is what spread it.  That's a fact. This whole thing could have been avoided.

1 hour ago, Super8 said:

Trump is not your President.  No U.S President is your president. :)

Gloating over the notion that you've been born into a nation - through nothing more than a genetic lottery - that has a self serving buffoon for a president only serves to heighten your own stupidity. And that you are on the losing end of his 'leadership' further exemplifies it. The blind leading the naked 😂

Tell you what though... if you're such a patriot, I think that a good gift for your hero president could be something like a chocolate revolver... but since he is so busy handling everything so well, it may be difficult to meet privately and give it to him. So I suggest you try running up and handing it to him.

1 hour ago, Super8 said:

Trump is not your President.  No U.S President is your president. :)

Well, the President of U.S. is much more than only the President of a country because of the way the world is nowadays. In any case I can be not an elector on his election, he can be not the President of the country I am citizen and still to not approve him. Even without interests in the US. Even though, if I have a business there as for instance, we can not vote and he still is the top authority of the country where I am based through a company of my own for example.

1 hour ago, Super8 said:

The dishonest handling of the virus in China is what spread it.  That's a fact. This whole thing could have been avoided.

No idea what you're talking about, honestly. I have no bias against anyone, Presidents of U.S. included : D To me and as universal truth, facts have to be based on evidences. No traces of it, no facts. Opinion, belief are territories of something else, completely distinct. As much as science and faith are of a different kind between each other.

Trump is an IDIOT, PLAIN AND SIMPLE...THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER...don't try to reason with a cult member, these people  watch lies 24/7 at fox news and all the right wing media outlets, they lie and lie, everyday, cultist members like super8 live in an alternative reality, only fox news tell  the truth (yeah right?)

Let's put some facts what bone spur jesus have been saying about coronavirus

He has said it was “contained” and “under control” (as McKay Coppins pointed out).

He has said “It’s going to disappear” and, “We have very little problem in this country” (as David Leonhardt pointed out).

He said three weeks ago that the U.S. had “15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” (as the White House briefing transcript shows).

He tweeted just eight days ago that “The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation” (as The Hill pointed out).

AND TODAY HE SAID

Trump denied there had been any shift in tone, and said (as you can see here):

“I have always known. This is a real pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic....

“I’ve always viewed it as very serious.”

This is a flat-out lie! bring to you by the liar in chief!!!, but cultist members they don't care, first they said the "Evil media" were making a big deal with the simple coronavirus infection (a simple flu) according to them, know that the cult leader said it is out of control, what they say??: it's a fault of the "evil media" they didn't cover the coronavirus enough, they should have warned us how dangerous the disease could be!!!

These people will find a way do defend the cult leader, for them he makes no mistakes and believe every single lie that comes out from his anus like mouth  a word from the Bible!

29 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Well, the President of U.S. is much more than only the President of a country because of the way the world is nowadays. In any case I can be not an elector on his election, he can be not the President of the country I am citizen and still to not approve him. Even without interests in the US. Even though, if I have a business there as for instance, we can not vote and he still is the top authority of the country where I am based through a company of my own for example.

No idea what you're talking about, honestly. I have no bias against anyone, Presidents of U.S. included : D To me and as universal truth, facts have to be based on evidences. No traces of it, no facts. Opinion, belief are territories of something else, completely distinct. As much as science and faith are of a different kind between each other.

The fact is China did mishandle the virus outbreak and did not allow any other country access. You watched the video but can't retain or refuse to acknowledge the information provided? 

It is a fact how they mishandled the virus.  Who was the first doctor to warn the Chinese Gov? What happened to him?

33 minutes ago, tigerbengal said:

Trump is an IDIOT, PLAIN AND SIMPLE...THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER...don't try to reason with a cult member, these people  watch lies 24/7 at fox news and all the right wing media outlets, they lie and lie, everyday, cultist members like super8 live in an alternative reality, only fox news tell  the truth (yeah right?)

Let's put some facts what bone spur jesus have been saying about coronavirus

He has said it was “contained” and “under control” (as McKay Coppins pointed out).

He has said “It’s going to disappear” and, “We have very little problem in this country” (as David Leonhardt pointed out).

He said three weeks ago that the U.S. had “15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” (as the White House briefing transcript shows).

He tweeted just eight days ago that “The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation” (as The Hill pointed out).

AND TODAY HE SAID

Trump denied there had been any shift in tone, and said (as you can see here):

“I have always known. This is a real pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic....

“I’ve always viewed it as very serious.”

This is a flat-out lie! bring to you by the liar in chief!!!, but cultist members they don't care, first they said the "Evil media" were making a big deal with the simple coronavirus infection (a simple flu) according to them, know that the cult leader said it is out of control, what they say??: it's a fault of the "evil media" they didn't cover the coronavirus enough, they should have warned us how dangerous the disease could be!!!

These people will find a way do defend the cult leader, for them he makes no mistakes and believe every single lie that comes out from his anus like mouth  a word from the Bible!

You need to chill out.  I'm not "these people".

I said from the get go to keep politics out of this thread because of "how you just reacted".   You're doing nothing but looking to blame someone and blame Trump and Republicans.  That's the jig that everyone is sick and tired of.  This is why trump won and will win again. It's you and how you handle life and treat people.  I could care less what Trump supporters think or what people that don't support Trump think.

When I meet people in real life I could care less who they voted for. Trump haters are just filled full of hate and bitterness.  This is a world wide crisis and your picking sides.

8 minutes ago, Super8 said:

The fact is China did mishandle the virus outbreak and did not allow any other country access.

China bears responsibility in missteps, but if you're going to be critical of mishandling this dance, prepare to put your tap dancing shoes for the next 2 months!

Also, I seriously recommend you read up on the Spanish Flu.  Americans were an integral part of the global crew building that glass house. --One of the deadliest pandemics in history.  Maybe hold off on throwing nationalistic stones?

My family has 3 family members that we know of that died from the Spanish Flu.  1 of my paternal grandmother's siblings, 2 of my grandfather's, and 1 of my maternal grandmother's uncles.

1 minute ago, fuzzynormal said:

China bears responsibility in missteps, but if you're going to be critical of mishandling this dance, prepare to put your tap dancing shoes for the next 2 months!

Also, I seriously recommend you read up on the Spanish Flu.  Americans were an integral part of the global crew building that glass house. --One of the deadliest pandemics in history.  Maybe hold off on throwing nationalistic stones?

My family has 3 family members that we know of that died from the Spanish Flu.  1 of my paternal grandmother's siblings, 2 of my grandfather's, and 1 of my maternal grandmother's uncles.

Are you really bring up the Spanish Flu? What does that have to do with China and the corona virus?  It has nothing to do with it.

I've acknowledge what my country could and should do better.  No country was prepared for this thanks to China letting people fly out of and into it's country. 

15 minutes ago, Super8 said:

You're doing nothing but looking to blame someone and blame Trump and Republicans.

It's a duty as U.S. citizens to hold politicians into account when they are failing us.  I mean, you do appreciate that aspect of the republic, right?  That's the fundamental system.

Granted, I don't feel regular citizens have as much agency as we should in the current system, but it's disingenuous or willfully obtuse to claim that Americans shouldn't do the thing they were expected to do by the founders of this nation.

1 minute ago, Super8 said:

Are you really bring up the Spanish Flu? What does that have to do with China and the corona virus?  It has nothing to do with it.

I've acknowledge what my country could and should do better.  No country was prepared for this thanks to China letting people fly out of and into it's country. 

As I said, I encourage you to read up on it.  A little history and perspective never hurt anyone.  It might temper the nationalistic angst you've been posting.

1 minute ago, fuzzynormal said:

It's a duty as U.S. citizens to hold politicians into account when they are failing us.  I mean, you do appreciate that aspect of the republic, right?  That's the fundamental system.

Granted, I don't feel regular citizens have as much agency as we should in the current system, but it's disingenuous or willfully obtuse to claim that Americans shouldn't do the thing they were expected to do by the founders of this nation.

Like i said, I commented about what could and should been done in America.  I'm not giving anyone a free pass and more needs to be done in my country.  But you're not a U.S citizen are you? If not then stay in your lane, respectfully.

Just now, fuzzynormal said:

As I said, I encourage you to read up on it.  A little history and perspective never hurt anyone.  It might temper the nationalistic angst you've been posting.

My angst is toward people that want to bring up politics during a global crisis.  At the same tine they attack me because they think they know what and who I am.  They proved my point about politics in this thread and they proved my point about not being able to let them go.  I'm not the one filled with hate toward other people because they might have a different political view.

6 minutes ago, Super8 said:

No country was prepared for this

Not necessarily true.  Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong were prepared and have been good examples on how to handle it.

If you want to get real about things.  Let me ask you, if you wanted to get a COVID-19 test right now here in the USA, do you think you'd be able to do it?

Just now, fuzzynormal said:

Not necessarily true.  Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong were prepared and have been good examples on how to handle it.

If you want to get real about things.  Let me ask you, if you wanted to get a COVID-19 test right now here in the USA, do you think you'd be able to do it?

Drive thru stations for testing are open now in the states.

The locals in Japan say they didn't handle it right either.

4 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

CNN and other outlets only report what they want and blame our leaders.  Ask yourself why they don't report real information about the virus and do a deep dive into what everyone can do to stop the spread and be part of the solution.

11 hours ago, Super8 said:

I'm surprised WHO or the CDC doesn't have the authority to have countries that have had success stopping this virus share that information and set global standards for everyone to use.

WHO probably is in the know on the methods and necessary information and I don't believe for a moment that my country wouldn't share if asked. The problem is getting other leaders to put their foot down and take the necessary course of action to deal with the pandemic instead of pandering for political optics. Pride and power must take a back seat in a global crisis like this.

3 minutes ago, Super8 said:

My angst is toward people that want to bring up politics during a global crisis

I invite you to please explain last week's quotes of "Democratic Hoax" or “Impeachment Scam” to me.  Hold on, let me get go get some popcorn.  Do you acknowledge even a hint of hypocrisy in your statement?  At all?  Just a little tiny weeny bit?  If you respond with either a yes or no to that question I'd be flabbergasted.

But, seriously, maybe we should just stop bouncing around the issue, stop this deflecting nonsense, and get right to the heart of the matter. 

My impression is simply that you just don't like Donald Trump being criticized.  This upsets you, you resent it, and so you try and defend him.  I think he's indefensible.  There's probably no middle ground there because both of us are pretty convinced of our opinions, am I right?  If that's the case, perhaps we should both just shut the hell up.  What do you say?